PvP Rewards and Item Levels

We’ve seen several questions recently about how PvP progression will look over the next few weeks, and we have answers.

First and foremost, Honor is the new currency that was introduced with the Shadowlands Pre-patch. Players can earn Honor from honorable kills, Battlegrounds, Epic Battlegrounds, skirmishes, Arenas, and Rated Battlegrounds. Honor can be spent to purchase gear from Purveryor Zo’kuul in Oribos. This gear can be upgraded by Agressor Zo’dash for Honor. The upper limit of this kind of upgrade is determined by your Renown level, and players can hold a maximum of 15000 Honor.

Conquest is an additional PvP currency. Players can earn Conquest from Battlegrounds, Epic Battlegrounds, Arenas, and Rated Battlegrounds. Players can spend Conquest to purchase gear from Zo’sorg in Oribos. This gear can be upgraded by Agressor Zo’dash for Honor. The upper limit of this upgrade is determined by your current highest rating bracket in Arenas or Rated Battlegrounds:

Rating item-level
Unranked 200
Combatant 207
Challenger 213
Rival 220
Duelist 226

There is a cap on how much Conquest can be earned during a season. This cap increases by 550 each week. This means that during week 1, the cap is 550. During week 2, the cap is 1100.

• If you earn 550 Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 550 Conquest during week 2.
  • If you earn no Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 1100 Conquest during week 2.
  • If you earn 400 Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 700 Conquest during week 2.

Finally, you should not have to wait for Conduit upgrades. Conduits appear at higher rank on the vendor automatically when your rating increases.

4 Likes

So conquest can be earned in Non rated BGs/Epic BGs but the max ilvl conquest gear you’ll be able to get is the unranked 200 gear? Good to acquire certain conquest pieces for alts or tmog?

2 Likes

You shouldn’t lock high ilvl gear behind a rating requirement.

Good players already have an advantage: their skill is higher than their opponents’.
If you add an ilvl gap to the already existing skill gap, well, low rated players’ chances at climbing the ladder diminish significantly.

Besides, not every PvP player plays ranked arena.
Casual PvPers who enjoy random BGs the most would love to have a fair chance as well.

41 Likes

Pretty much, i guess its gona work similar to BFA where u get like 30/50 cp per first win and then like 5 for each other or something…

Wouldn’t it be possible to increase the conquest cap based on Current Rating? With this we’ll have to dip into the weekly box to be able to gear up in a competetive pace, let alone having to wait two months to even buy our weapons.

1 Like

220 ilvl for 1800cr? YES PLEASE lol! Seems like arenas will be better for gearing up than heroic raid

1 Like

Unless Normal/HC raiders start crying that people who are PvPing are getting better gear than them and they nerf it.

i am raider myself and i cant wait to spam arenas

idk this update gives me TBC vibe. you have to do both pve and pvp to gear up. i love it

Not everyone does mythic raids or M+15 either, but this is an MMO and power progression is a part of it.

1 Like

With CP caps u wont get that far tho, its nice, but it will require lots of time to be full 220

PvE is PvE.
PvP is PvP.
The goal is not the same.

2 Likes

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

kk gonna get my weapon in 10 weeks then ^^

does anyone know if tokens that were used to upgrade items are gone in SL?

I’m confused a little, can you only earn 550 conquest and no more, or is the cap just 550 and once you cap you can spend some and then go back to cap again?

I can’t believe I am reading this, and what has become to WoW in the last years.

Literally, you are crying that a bad player, should be able to “catch up” with a skilled player!!!

Especially with this line :

Listen, if you are a low rated player, YOU ARE LOW RATED PLAYER and that’s where you belong!! If you want to climb up, you need SKILL ( Player Skill that is ), not help from Blizzard!!!

Like…W T F ?!

6 Likes

Why are you doing this one day b4 season starts? All PVP community was hoping for improvement and to be able to compete with people who does pve… now if you just want to play pvp you will have to do pve or get rekt by those who does. Make a balance … ffs this caping is stupid

6 Likes

Weekly cap I assume ? Increase it by ho high CR is please .

Welcome to The Gate Of Time expansion, where every content, not just the PvP ones, are time-gated.

1 Like

It does seem pretty bad when you can’t get a weapon at week one for conquest, while the raid drops weapon tokens you can redeem right away…

3 Likes