[Question] Best Class to Level up

Hi community!

I want to start fresh and I’m wandering which is the easiest/fastest class to level up?

Best regards!

Hunter. 10 characters.

3 Likes

What race and class combinations for hunter is best?

Troll/Orc 10 chars

1 Like

Hmm hunter first 10 levels isnt so easy because you aint got a pet. And if you do have a pet, you need to look after it and feed and mend it and whatnot. Maybe thats all easier in 1.12. But I found it a drag to put up with all that and never bothered getting a hunter past lvl 20.

I find warlock quite relaxing in levelling. Priest will be the same, dot up stuff and then wand it down. A mage would also be a wise pick simple in the basic, but interesting stuff to pull off when your level progresses.

I really just like warlock the most.

Warlocks pets in general is dogsh1t compared to hunter pet.

And how in any way is buying cheap food a drag compared to having to farm soul shards? Health funnel is also a thing and u would only have to mend if u pull too many or an elite.

Yeah, i also found hunter much more enjoyable than lock. Having to run around Azeroth in bathrobe doesn’t also help.

If I prefer long range combat, I see troll has bow weapon skill increasead. Orcs maybe if you want close range because of the axe increased? and on the alliance side, which race is best for the hunter?

Whatever class appeals to you - they all have strengths and weaknesses

This is Classic - the classes are not balanced in any way - so in any given situation one may be stronger than another

You choose your talents to create a toon that works for you

Skilful play is rewarded in Classic - that’s why you need to find the class that appeals to you and your play style

Druid. Especially after lvl 20, you’re essentially a rogue with heals.

No way, it’s a terrible damage class compared to rogue. ‘‘You will never be a rogue , always healing and crying about your class’’.

For a dps, Warlock, hunters and druids have crappy dps late game.

For leveling, I can recommend Druid.
Is a bit slow to start, but most classes are. After 10 bear is powerful enough, and after 20 cat is awesome, you run faster, you don’t need bagspace for bullets/soul shards like the other top3 classes.

You can solo just about anything remotely soloable, your downtime is minimal since you can heal up and regen mana during combat, while fighting in full power.
Run speed saves you toooons of time, and don’t necessarily need a mount.
You also get a teleport to Moonglade, making traversing cross-continent easier.

I must say though, this is looking at leveling-stage only. What druids can do in end-game might not be your slice of cake, but it’s certainly a worthy alt for farming any case!
If it’s the leveling experience you’re looking for alone, can’t go wrong with Druid :slight_smile:

Mage. Its the only class to get into dungeon groups. And if you don’t like zoomercleave groups you can just aoe grind 18 different layers.

Mage seems to be the fastest - but then id probably go for hunter because its a piece of pee

1 Like

The answer depends on how you wish to level. For simple quest leveling the answer is Hunter first and Druid second. Both get a movement speed boost early and don’t have a lot of down time. If you want to aoe farm or level through dungeons then the answer is Mage.

Hunters and Druids are fast, relatively easy and survivable types.

Mages tend to be pretty nice just because of water / portals etc. Priests are sort of broken for leveling if specced right.

Arguably everything else is a bit of a ball ache all the way down to warrior which is just slow and tedious.

I’ve played Hunter, Warlock and Shaman and Warrior to 60.

Only one on Classic was Hunter(ive been hunter on vanilla twice)

To me Warlock is more convenient than Hunter. It’s cheaper with the free 60% mount, you don’t need to go all Pokemon for your pet skills and people don’t discriminate against you because of your class.

Edit: Shaman I suprisingly didnt enjoy even though I stuck through with it the whole way. Warrior atleast was rewarding, almost every fight with an npc was an actual fight. Great for an alt.

I went with Hunter because of the pet.
Btw. which pet is highly recommended for leveling?

Hello, this is a topic about it:

As hunter you could find useful informations in a website called “Petopia” who archive infos about various pet and their abilities.
Ryest

1 Like