Returning (?) player looking for community to experience content

I haven’t played since the end of Wrath, but I am hoping to come back for a bit of nostalgia, even if temporarily.

I am looking for a community/guild who would be interested in exploring old dungeons and raids, checking out legacy content, or just RP in general. I’ve played a little, and the game is pretty boring without anyone to talk to.

Is there anything like that here? Or am I better off just transferring to a more populated server, like AD? Sha’tar was always smaller, but back a good 10 years ago we used to have a nice little community of RPers.

2 Likes

By the way, do we have any kind of in-character global RP chat channel? There used to be one, which was great fun to chat in during just regular questing.

2 Likes

Hejså Zizzle

I suppose it very much depends on what you are looking for. As mentioned in some of the other threads here, walked-up roleplaying is not so common on the Sha’GladeCartel. However, there are at least weekly events organised by various individuals and guilds. The quality of the RP is generally high, because many of the players both experienced and inexperienced are quite commited.
I do not wish to speak on any other guilds, because I have no inside info on them and they may speak themselves. I am a member of the Botany Band. A small but dedicated guild with weekly events on Mondays (Summer holidays now, starting again from the 5th of August). You are very welcome to join us for an event. Let me know if you are interested and someone in the guild will send you an invite.

3 Likes

Hello folks. I am pretty sure this invite link is posted elsewhere in these forums, but I’ll try to link it here to save you the search.

Join LookingForRP BattleTag Community

The above is a BattleTag community which allows chat between any European BattleTag, regardess of character, faction, or realm.

Then there’s the old /join LookingForRP in-game character chat channel, and the less used /join OMGRP .

I only joined them a couple (?) of years ago, but I haven’t seen much in-character chat there, though…
However, both of the LookingForRP’s are good platforms for finding other RPers, and we try to post open RP events there (and/or here in the forum) to give people opportunity to join.

Join these communities if you want, have a look around :slight_smile:

As Helstrøm said, walk-up is not very common :wink: , but I do it sometimes if I see an RP-addon tag on the character, or if it is otherwise apparent that the character is interested in RP.

I’m in a couple Horde guilds on alts, Wayward Vagrants, and Hand of the Titans, which are friendly, social, and quite RP active. I’ve heard about others as well, but I haven’t interacted with them enough to form an opinion.

Alliance side, also as mentioned by Helstrøm, the Botany Band is a small, very friendly, quite active guild, and there are others from way back that I can’t remember the names of right now, but I’m not sure how active those are these days.

Saturday next week (the 6th of July) 8pm, there’s a relatively small RP event where a group of Azeroth defenders meeting at the old Argent Dawn building in Stormwind’s Cathedral Square, you could join if you want and we can try to give you a taste of Sha’Glade Cartel RP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This server still sees some activity, although the majority of it is within the guilds. You might see some people in a tavern some evenings, but other than that there isn’t much random RP happening.

That being said, there’s The Botany Band on Alliance (not sure if there’s anyone else these days), who are quite friendly.
On Horde you have:
Convocation of Elrendar: Mainly blood elf RP, but other races are welcome as well I believe.
Wayward Vagrants: Mercenary/shady business RP. All kinds of characters are welcome.
Hand of the Titans: Leans more towards hero-RP. All kinds of characters are welcome, although “darker” characters, like warlocks, DKs and void users, might not have a good time.
The Beastmaw Warband: Horde military RP. I believe all kinds of characters are welcome.

5 Likes

Cheers for the shout out. Speaking for the Convocation, we do theoretically accept all races, but we have a very blood elven focus in terms of stories and environment, so it’s largely characters with some kind of ties to the blood elves that’ll get the most out of it. A Forsaken is a good pick in this expansion, Nightborne are usually safe and anyone can really be a fish out of water. If that’s not your cup of tea though I can also recommend any of the guilds on that list to any newbies, with a special shout out to Wayward Vagrants for being shifty, but always entertaining.

3 Likes

Tonight around 20.00 server time, people will gather for some A(N)-RP for a long-standing server tradition called moonrise. Check the thread by Kitten for details. I do not know if a Death Knight is the best character for RP’ing there, but who knows, you might pull it off. Tomorrow, the Botany Band will have a guest lecture. From what i gather, all characters capable of neutral RP seem to be welcome there. If memory serves, we have seen a Death Knight and a Demon Hunter there before.
Both events would see some good opportunity to ‘get in the game’. Hope to see you there, Zizzle!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.