Rip flamelash

this is exactly why these server transfers need to stop right now, and offer some other solution aka faction queues and faction changes from majority to minority only… then horde cant outnumber by 2:1, they can join ally to help ratio and best of all noone can leave server effectively forcing the rest of their faction to leave due to worsening balance

I agree that faction queues would be the best solution, but it’s not going to happen. And very, very few horde would change faction just to help balance. Why would you forgo OP racials and ez mode to be outnumbered 3 to 1?
Some servers are beyond redemption, but hopefully we can have a couple with a healthy ratio.

Is all horde following them hahaha makes This all pointless hahaha

so many people say horde wouldnt transfer for more pvp but we are seeing right now people transfer to earthshaker and other transfer target servers and turn them into horde majority, because they want more pvp…if they couldnt log on for 2hrs every day and then when they did there was 1h bg queue and no ally in world to kill, trust me people would start transfering faction lol

the problem with server transfers is even if horde and ally were spread evenly across all pvp servers, they would all be horde majority, so we need to at least try faction transfers, or go back 4 months and implement faction queues and honor/bgs from day one like they should have done

I think that the migration isnt very harmful to other servers. For example Earthshaker had about 46.8-53.2 ratio and roughly 3500 players. This translates to 1638 Alliance players and 1862 Alliance players.

Flamelash had 37.4-62.6 ratio and 4360 players. Which means 1630 Alliance and 2730 Horde. Now imagine that half of the of those Alliance players moved. A total of 819. Realistically 450 to Earthshaker and 369 divided over the other 3 servers. In case of Earthshaker that would mean 2088 Alliance and 1862 Hordes. A population of 3950 players with a balance of 52.9-47.1 Alliance-Horde.

The realm Earthshaker is now alliance favoured BUT; We did not take into account the Hordes that leave on the last day; I don’t believe Horde will mass migrate entire guilds in this time limit, so I dare say 200 or 300 Horde characters move to Earthshaker as well, balancing it more?

I am not an expert on server migration and can’t see the statistics as they are today, I just enjoyed writing this down. I based my numbers on Ironforge PRO (Last 2 Weeks).

From what ive seen, some guilds already moved / are planning to move since the mass panic started yesterday.

Will be known in history like @Flamelash mass migration@.

ironforge.pro is not a great way to check factionbalance, alot of guilds dont log raids and especially on those smaller servers they dont, also when ratio gets bad enough on original server more and more horde will leave, and they still outnumber alliance so long term it wont end well

idk what will happen to be honest but i dont think constantly allowing people to move will ever encourage a good server, what if another server dips in pop, say dragonfang, and you can now transfer from earthshaker to there? suddenly panic transfers happen and earthshaker gets ruined too?

alot of people say to me “no faction transfers, if you want to play alliance then reroll” but im not about to reroll anything on a server where the rest of the faction can transfer out at a moments notice and ruin ratio again…

Horde players complaining about Alliance trying to be dominant when Horde dominate 95% of PvP servers is truly hilarious

Would a horde guild ever transfer off a server that they have a numbers advantage on to help balance?

Hell no they won’t

3 Likes

uhhh this thread has people saying horde are transfering to earthshaker for more pvp

they literally moved to a better ratio server to do more pvp

how is that not helping faction balance? noone likes a 90:10 server

Well i Don’t play on 95% of servers. I play on ES and now ES is an alliance server because of you alliance moving here with 500 people so you Can be the dominant faction and steamroll the horde on ES. Your are not any nettet than the horde on Flamelash

Thing is, its a gamble now. The transfer closes today, so we can only see the results later on…

I know Ironforge Pro isnt 100% reliable, but I simply had no other source. Just tried to draw a picture of what I think is going on :slight_smile:

yeah thats fair enough, its hard to tell, i just think that constant server transfers are doing more harm than good, not trying to defend the horde zergs forcing alliance to quit or anything but i think theres a better solution than server hops

90:10 of course not

But with a 60:40 horde ratio like many servers have, you’re not gonna see many horde xfer away unless alliance start doing so in mass

Kek zug zug

yeah thats very true thats why i want faction queues, even 60:40 is around 2k players difference on the bigger servers, so in theory a 2k queue to wait in daily would sort things out

not as simple as that i know but thats the idea of it anyway

You have to look at it from both perspectives really

Many servers are near unplayable for Alliance due to the imbalance

My server is pretty good - it’s Horde favoured but not unmanageable at all for Alliance.

Others aren’t so lucky - can you really blame them for wanting an advantage when they’ve had it so bad since release?

Not the only server buddy. Ten Storms Alliance is slowly being outnumbered so badly, I’m afraid I have to retire here or join the Horde.
You know what they say, If you can’t beat them join them.

Just make PvP free-for-all, like Gurubashi Arena.

1 Like

guild v guild v guild, would be completely unplayable

sign me up