Rogues and locked chests

Do we?

So far I am level 160 lockpicking without any real effort.

At the Ratchet pirate ship (Rogue Quest) you have infinite spawn of lockboxes to get you started. Takes what, 15 minutes to max out for that level? When I arrived at Hillsbrad when questing in the Syndicate Area there were boxes all over the place, maxing out on them quite easily too.

Soon as I got pickpocket, I put that on my Ambush Macro, grabbing locked boxes all the time, leveling me sloweley but steadily without effort while slaying mobs, not to mention it gives me extra money and loot in the process.

So far, its been easy, and free (even making me extra income from lockboxes) up to this level.

1 Like

it is not really hard to level mining and skinning too.

So if one person is attained to Onyxia layer, and majority of the raid that joins him is not, he is entitled to the loot.

If one person has the ZF malet to summon, the rest gets no loot, because “hey, you dont have the hamer”

Your in a SM party but don’t have the key yourself? Well you can tag along, but can not roll on any loot, since you would not be able top open the door if the key guys wasn’t there.

Oh don’t forget, all the loot in MC past the Hydraxian Waterlords reputation area are all for the rep guy, rest of the raid do not have that rep so they could not get past that point without that person wasn’t there.

Well, that’s all very specific. Lets make it easier. You would not be able to down any boss without a tank and healer. So they are the only two allowed to role on the boss loot, right? I mean, one less DPS would probably still get the job done, but if the tank and healer weren’t there, the boss (and most trash) would not be killed.

Point of these rather silly arguments? It’s a group effort. In a multiplayer game. Stop being a greedy nob and let the group benefit form your class abilities, just like they let you benefit from theirs. Everyone puts time and effort in their skills, Rogues are not special.

4 Likes

In my group, as i am a rogue, i get locked chests.
Loot boxes are greeded, and i open them for free.

If i am in a pug, i open the chest and take the items. if they wish to roll, i just don’t open it and wait for the dungeon to finish. Either way i get the chest.

If we are 2 rogues, we roll for the locked chest.

Pretty much sums up our way of doing it.

Does it suit you?
Do you have a toxic opinion?
Do you like how my group is approaching this?
Do you think it is fair?

I don’t care about your answers, but I can tell you for sure we had 0 arguments on this topic. So if works just fine.

The whole issue is not about the chest itself
Personally i would never do such a thing as it is way too selfish and doesn’t suit my personality. We are a group of people that we all do some effort so if i can help i will do it without something in return. A warrior that tanks is not obliged to taunt the mob that you are nuking just because you didn’t pay attention and you nuke the wrong mob. He helps you by not letting you die and pay repairs and group wont wipe its just you that dies and do the corpse run.
It looks as you are trying to justify an action that some people doesn’t seem to get along with.
As long as you are clear from the beginning tough everything is ok but i wouldn’t want a guy with that attitude in my group and as a damage dealer you would be so easily replaced so you just try to convince us that this is how it should work.

1 Like

Funny play of words in WoW. In fact here the locked chests are greeded by a greedy rogue, where loot boxes are shared :slight_smile:

Does it suit you? - Nope
Do you have a toxic opinion? - Nope. A different one than you maybe.
Do you like how my group is approaching this? - If the group agrees on it, good for you!
Do you think it is fair? Not fair or unfair, more like selfish and greedy. But again, my opinion

Then why post and ask questions?

1 Like

if I see a rogue take a locked chest without rolling with the group there’s 3 things that might happen.

A) he gets kicked
B) they find a new tank
C) he pays me 4g

1 Like

Whenever I’ve ran dungeons (always as the tank and group leader; thereby making my word law) I’ve always said “The rogue bothered to level his/her lockpicking, they have priority on the chest. They can share the loot if they so wish, but are not obligated to do so”.

Nobody has tried to argue with me on that point.

If other people aren’t as understanding as I am, the solution is simple. Either say you didn’t level lockpicking and then go take the chest at the end of the dungeon, or just say “nah, the winner of the /roll can open it themselves”.

How about D) You level lockpicking and/or blacksmithing yourself and not demanding that you benefit from other people’s time and effort?

Lockpicking isn’t the same as mage water, where the mage just visits a trainer to learn it. It takes hours of running around opening chests and if rogues, you don’t get to say “hey i demand some of that!” just because you’re in the group.

If the keyholder won, I’d unlock for them.

I /roll unless they want to give it to me

1 Like

Except he’s benefiting from everyone else in the group. Should it be different cause he’s a rogue? No it shouldn’t.

Super hard to get to 70 standing on a ship and then later on pickpocketing more to open, open for people in group, having a macro for trade. Soooo hard

But everyone is benefiting from everyone in the group. You also benefit from the rogue damage as well.

Super hard to go mine nodes and level blacksmithing to get keys. Sooooooo hard.

No, he isn’t. He/she is part of the group and is also putting in effort to accomplish the task at hand. Opening chests is a benefit he/she recieves from THEIR work outside of YOUR group.

Did I say it was difficult? I said it was time consuming. Would you put the time required into mass opening boxes and chests just for some entitled prick to say “hurrr durrrrrrrr u owe me sum for be in my groop idiot”?

No, you wouldn’t.

Easily replaceable by literally any other dmg dealer that doesn’t mind being there for the group instead of their own greed for 50s from a chest

So you’d replace them with another DPS that can’t open a chest? Pretty much cutting your nose off to spite your face for that 50s.

Except they make money opening boxes for people in trade. So it’s an incentive to level it for then

I don’t mind not grouping with rogues :slight_smile:

Easily replaceable by any other damage dealer that WOULDN’T be able to open the damn chest in the first place; causing you to mess with your group members over that “50 silver chest”.

YOU’RE the problem here; not the “greedy” rogue.

1 Like

Feel free to cut one of the top ST DPS classes from your groups for a 50s chest lmao.

Hah this is even being discussed? Wtf is with all you noobs. So many rogues, if you want to lose out on a group by being a greedy twunt then go for it, you guys are easily replaced.

1 Like