Rogues and locked chests

just unlock it /roll

lockpick is a rog ability and also yes often you roll for worthy profession materials loke rich thoroum or ony skin

Lol mage boasting about giving food and drink :slight_smile: it doesn’t compare to free drops from chest. As a rogue I really don’t need your food. Train blacksmithing or gtfo

I have never seen a group roll for a mining node between the whole group instead of only the miners. Does that actually happen in some circles? That you mine a node and then trade it to someone who doesn’t even have mining?

1 Like

Depends on the group. I’ve never seen a rogue refuse to open a locked chest that everyone rolled on, but I have been part of groups where people roll on nodes that are very valuable.
The difference (apart lockpicking not being a profession) is that 1-2 ore or herbs are rarely worth the bag space to keep for vendoring or putting up on AH. But if I mine a Thorium Vein and an Arcane Crystal drops, I wouldn’t mind the group rolling for it. And I don’t mind people with crafting profs needing on recipes.

no yiu roll between the miners obviously.
but as i said lockpick is a rog ability like heal is a priest ability and not a profession

To put it bluntly… what reason there is to bring you instead of a mage a warrior or w/e, besides Lockpicking? It’s literally the only other thing rogues can do besides dmg.

Sap! :smiley:

It’s ok, the rest of the group can skip the mob pack so you can’t even get near the chest.
Dungeoneering is group effort. Without you, no opening of locked chests. Without them, you can’t get near the chests.

Why is an ability treated differently from a profession?

1 Like

Watch your language mate, do not confuse me with your class comrades. Anyone in these forums can freely put their opinions, no need to be rude, flagged your post by the way. What is this hate? More than 1 month later? You either need to go out more often or learn to accept others have different opinion than yourself.

I am not your mate, buddy. The hate is towards self entitled people who think everything must be handed to them. I never ask you for food. Don’t ask me to pick locks for you. Deal?

Edit: oh no, you flagged my post? What will I ever do?

Same reason you don’t pay for a hunter to use his pet, and a healer heals or rezzes you, and you cast Arcane Int on group members, etc… It’s part of what the class brings to the group.

1 Like

Much irony.

Do you ask for gold before you use your goblin jumper gables on someone?

1 Like

Nope. Don’t have Engineering now, but never did when I had it. Same with keys (BS or otherwise), blast charges, repair bots, feasts, or summoning.
And even if I did, those are profession items. Things I paid considerable amounts to get. Not skills that I could easily level without any costs.

Do you demand money every time you cast Arcane Intellect?

But goblin jumper gables are a profession item. Surely you demand gold when you are talking about a profession?

1 Like

Locked chest should be treated same as mining veins or herbs
IMO if its in the regular path and already cleared its mine or whoever else can open it can roll, If it requires clearing extra mobs then the rest of the group can feel entitled to it because its “out of the way” in such scenario i would suggest to ignore the chest as a whole to save time and drama.

I think miners and herbalist would get upset if people would start forcing rolls on the mats they collect, its practicably the same thing

Nope.
Some probably do, and in cases like BS keys or Engi charges which can use mats that cost a few gold and are spent in the process, I’d say that’s fair enough. Jumper Cables don’t cost gold to use. It’d be like paying a blacksmith or tailor because he’s using gear he crafted.
And professions are not class specific. Anyone can be an engineer or blacksmith.

Already explained why it’s not, but in case you missed it (or understandably just skipped the almost 300 posts):

But you said that professions are fundamentally different from abilities. Why do you then treat them the same in some cases but differently in others? Seems inconsistent to me.

1 Like