[RP] Unusual Books & Harmless Relics - OPENING!

Hello, hello! This is the edited version of the forum thread, to be more concise. As the thread is locked, it only serves archiving/updates at this point, but don’t you worry, I’m not forgetting about it any time soon.

Link to a poster found in assorted gathering spaces (such as cities and larger towns)(IG character name TYNIARNIS:
https://imgur.com/a/zDBjwjm

Link to a nifty graphic I made for it:
https://imgur.com/a/gdAICiV

Document with all the books available
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DaxbON6r_BOsmBbq48djOzcioe9phulQKXPA5GBQ9Jo/edit?usp=sharing

T.N.R. Nees Bookshop: Unusual Books & Harmless Relics is a store in Dalaran that aims to offer the works of other players for purchase IC. Given how many roleplayers have put effort and thought into the works of their characters, this shop is meant to promote the things others have created and generate RP for bookworms all over Azeroth, as well as those only occasionally indulging in the written word.

The shop is located in Dalaran and not currently open yet, as I am still setting up everything. I plan to open it at certain, set hours when I am able, but it will be possible to contact my character for an inquiries or orders as well. I also intend to keep track of how many copies are sold and to inform authors of the sales etc.

Curious for more? Have it!

What kind of books will be sold?
  • The more unusual the book, the better. Any book works, still!
  • Books on fel and such are welcome, so long as they do not contain practises or details that would be deemed inappopriate to the Kirin Tor.
  • The shop will be in Dalaran, and thus accessible cross-faction, and works from neutrals as well as members of either faction will be up for purchase.
  • You don’t need to have fully written works for your character, having a title and a synposis would be more than enough!
  • There’ll be a list of works with links once everything is in place!
How do I get my character's book/paper into the shop?

You can contact me here on the thread, for one, or in-game on Tyniarnis! I prefer not to post my discord on the forums so easily, but I can give it out to individuals if necessary! I can also be found on the Azeroth At War Discord and the Mage Quarter as Sinaldra Morrowburm!

The least I need is the title of your character’s work (or a description of the book, if the title is for some reason unavailable) and a synopsis of sorts. There is no word limit if you have things written out, either!

How exactly will this work, in-game?

That’s the tricky part. As of right now, the shop will be in one of the stores in Old Dala, which will IC be a different building than the one used IG. I will put a link to the list of books available in the TRP and they will need to be browsed outside of the game, as picking GHI or TRP Extended isn’t a reliable method in most cases. Prices for the books will be listed as well, and I will keep a table of sales and such.

If you have any questions or would like me to note down your character’s work(s) already, feel free to comment so below! I hope this will make for a great incentive to read more of other players’ writings and perhaps to write a little bit more yourself!

21 Likes

Uhg you are iconic Sin

1 Like

Nar’zagh once wrote a 200 page book called “how not to die.”
The book was actually blank inside except for one page that says “Don’t.”

Fun fact: Nar’zagh also beat someone to death with said book, it seems they failed to read it.

8 Likes

Very based and Bookpilled Sinaldra! Now you’re making me having my characters write books… Specially one of them…!!!

3 Likes

Looking forward to expanding your collection on the legal occult, and shopping from you as well of course!

3 Likes

This has some great potential if I do say so myself and I wholly endorse it!

Time to get my mind back into gear and consider what books actually need to be written, every conjurer and their mother no doubt has one but unexplored topics… ah, transdimensional pockets! That should be fun!

2 Likes

Hello hello! Many thanks for all the positive comments and interest! I edited the original post and put in some links and more information, so check it out!

Feel free to contact my character IC as well, mail IG works best! :books:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Bump! I’ve DMd you some of Kelly’s! :wink: x

The first bunch of player texts have been compiled! If you’re curious, check out the document under

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DaxbON6r_BOsmBbq48djOzcioe9phulQKXPA5GBQ9Jo/edit?usp=sharing

It includes a nice preface in a separate link (located at the top!).

Can’t wait to get the whole thing rolling IC! :heart:

5 Likes

OMG MYSELF MY CHARACTER IS A LIBRARY CUSTODIAN - CAN I JOIN IN ON THIS TOO?? I would love to become part of this!

2 Likes

Bumping this absolute banger again.

3 Likes

Hello hello! I come bearing wonderful news!

The bookshop will be opening (or, in-character re-opening!) on the 19th! I will be around from 6pm ST on. There will be no schedule, you can come and go as you like. Tentatively, I will set the end of the ‘event’ at around 9pm. The shop will close then, but people can obviously mingle in Dalaran a little longer.

We will be using the inscription shop in OLD DALARAN.

I look forward to seeing folk around, and don’t forget that asking the owner for books that aren’t listed is very much possible, too!

5 Likes

Soooooon~ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only few days away :blue_book:

1 Like

Cool initiative! I wish you the best luck with the store, and will definitely come by at some point - Hopefully someone writes a light themed book, would be interesting to read for my character.

Light bless

1 Like

The opening is taking place in less than an hour! There’ll be a raffle, and I’ve adjusted the time to be 6PM-9PM ST, at the inscription trainer in OLD DALARAN.

Reminder of the link for some player-written books and a few canon examples (not all available books, but the ones I could compile thus far!)

2 Likes
4 Likes

Someone bought a lot of books and even kept the poor guard all puzzled with her questions :smile:
The book shop is open for another hour.
I gladly recommend this :star:

2 Likes

as the poor guard in question i 100% endorse distracting him.

10/10 would help again!

2 Likes