Scholo .. 50g Per Run For Tank

I know no changes and all that but dual spec would greatly help out the tank issue. Alot of tanks do not want to tank because it’s little reward to effort, however there is also alot of tanks who do not want to tank because there is only 2-3 tank spaces in a raid and most guilds only fill those 2-3 spaces with people they are very close with.

So tanking 5 mans leads to nowhere as you will be going dps soon, it also sucks for solo farming. If they had dual spec they could quickly spec over to tank to tank some dungeons then back to fury for their farming and raiding etc.

Would also help eliviate the insane surplus of healers we have atm, getting into a group on golemagg as a healer is very competitve as there is just so many.

But alas no changes.

1 Like

People selling gold or IRL money, whats new? Welcome to another retail game

The other options is not doing the instance and not pay the tank. The other options is not running the instance at ALL. My warrior is far to low lvl to tank those instances yet. But I figure as soon as I hit 60 I run every instance a few times, then I stick to the once I have a chance of getting something out of. Helping out a guildie or a friend is of course different, but running with a random guy I never met. Some in the group are likely to be aggro magnets or pulling themselves when I said I’ll do the pulling for the initial aggro makes tanking not fun. It also creates a repair bill even if we don’t wipe. Why should I spend lots of time and money on having a bad time to help some random guy out? He sure isn’t going to do it for me.

1 Like

Asking 1-2 orbs to tank Strat is ok imo aswell as reserving unwanted boss drops in Scholo. Tanks used to do it all the time on pservers as well was no biggie and made sense. Tanks get geared faster then everyone else so they do need an incentive to run instances outside their guild or friend circle.

However there is a line and a limit when it comes to profit. The latest trend on Gehennas and i guess on the other high pop servers aswell is “orbs and unneeded items” reserved (boe’s included). That’s sheer greed and we are talking here about extreme gold profit potential.

I stopped joining those runs and i suggest you do the same. When they cant fill their runs or when they need 2-3 hours to do so they will lower the demands again to the reasonable levels we had on pservers.

2 Likes

is one of the main healers (presumably)

“the guild lets me roll on shadow priest gear so I can DPS when they don’t need me!”

1 Like

No friend, I meant that I won’t raid at all as I find it very boring. I will help them always but if they won’t need me I’m not gonna enter raids at all.

If he were playing bfa, he’d have an incentive to run through a dungeon that has nothing for him; artifact power.

On classic? There’s literally no reason for a tank to do some dungeons, or any once they’re geared. I tank DM:East for the thorium nodes, the only other time I tank a dungeon is if a friend desperately needs a tank.

But if randomers want me to go out of my way to tank something for no reason; I’m just not going to bother.

you never worked in real life it seems xD

Oh I was not charging. I will now xD

I’m just about to start tanking endgame dungeons for pre-bis. I can already feel everyone begging me to come and items showering from the sky :money_mouth_face: Rolling on tanking and healing gear and everyone cheering it like I’m a rockstar :star_struck:
Or it won’t be like that?

That’s the core difference of modern and old wow philosophies.

Modern tries to alleviate most kinds of issues that can arise in the game. But the side effect is that it doesn’t leave room for unique approach by the players. Everyone is pushed into the beaten path (actually it’s pure railroad). In a sense the game auto-plays for you (i.e. finds solutions for you).

The old wow (and most other games of old for that matter) allow more hands off aproach where they leave players finding their own solutions to the problems of all kinds. And btw that is what “playing a game” is - finding solutions to the obstacles trown by the game at you. Otherwise games feel monotonous (even if there are many activities available).

4 Likes

Wrong.

You can easily tank as fury; I do and so do so many other dungeon tanks, dual spec isn’t required.

People still dont want to tank, because tanking is a pain in the butt.

People will probably hate you for rolling on the healing gear as a tank, especially if you don’t state it beforehand.

Just gonna say :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know they won’t be excited at all :slight_smile: But once I get my tanking gear from specific instance I would enter as healer or warn them that I would come if I can roll on healing stuff.

That was a Legion thing; the main sources of artefact power in BFA are world quests and islands. The developer carrots for BFA dungeons (outside of the weekly M+ chest) seem to be the hope that a gear drop titanforges, or fuel for the Scrapper God. :frowning_face:

There’s nothing wrong with tanks demanding gold. The only reason someone would complain about it is because they want it for free.

4 Likes

There is nothing wrong with demanding gold for anything you do in the game. If someone actually pays you…that’s another story. I believe that this is a problem if you try to only pug and I generally just go with the guild in dungeons and raids. Oh and I’ve yet to meet a pug tank that is any good in classic.

You an idiot then… I’m not even a warrior nor have I ever played one either… it is a way out of very few to zero options warriors have to make any money in this game… same locks complaining why tanks don’t do runs for them for free should invite those tanks to join them on thier plathora of solo and group gold farming options then. But then again you probably a noob so I wouldn’t take you too serious

1 Like

Because doing lots of quick dungeon runs doesn’t make you gold…

You will always bump into obstacles in your life.
You can either cry about it, or adjust to the situation.

Reason why warriors arent interested in Scholo is because:
1: No loot
2. Easy to wipe (Whelp room/Gandling)
3. No money

Things like UBRS/Strat Live are more interesting since you can get loot/gold in a single run.

That dosen’t mean that you cant get an tank for Scholomance.
It just means that you need to make an actual effort, instead of posting sarcastic smileys on the forums.

Paladins have the perfect set for tanking: Deathbone.
Defense + Mana-reg.
That gives them the perfect reason for grinding Scholo.

Feral druids can use the cadaverous-set for PVP aswell.

There you have two classes that can tank Scholomance properly.

Make your own group and start whispering paladins/druids.
If you tried with everyone thats online, then yes - you’ll gonna have to pay an warrior.

2 Likes