Season of Discovery (SoD): Realm List, Character Creation + Name Reserve

Hello world (of warcraft).

I’m hoping, and hopefully I’m not the minority in this, but I’m hoping that you’ll do similar to Season of Mastery and the initial launch of Vanilla Classic, where you allowed us to view realm lists early and to create a character / reserve names on said server. Much like this:

This would benefit some of us who already have plans within a guild to orchestrate the realm we’re going to populate etc etc, oh and dibs on Legolas. LOL.

Be great to hear your thoughts and hopefully get more info on this soon.

Safe Travels.

12 Likes

Id love this information and hope we can see server lists etc at least.

1 Like

But they didn’t allow name reservation for Hardcore. And why do you need it earlier when you can just create your character(s) at server opening?

Forgive me as I don’t play HC, but you make a character and if it dies you lose it? So name reservation seems almost pointless for that, given the odds. Unless you can re-use the same name then perhaps I can see, but maybe the devs thought the same.

Despite this, it has still been available for Vanilla Classic, SoM and I hope the same for SoD. I’d rather have my toons created to my liking with the names I want ready so when the game launches I can jump in and get straight into discovering what it has to offer. :smiley:

2 Likes

If your character dies and you delete or move it, you can re-use it.

I’m not sure if they will do name reservations for SOD though, they didn’t for HC as another poster remarked.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Yes seems a bit tight now, if they do plan to I’m sure we’ll hear about it this week or early next, if it goes quiet then it is everybody for themselves at launch haha. Good luck!

Prepare for big queue to get in and disconnects.

1 Like

You keep the name until you delete the character or move it. I’m not sure it’s reserved for you though, I don’t think it is but that’s a guess.

Thanks for confirming also :smiley:

Yeah wasnt reserved for me

I’d be happy if they atleast announced the Server names beforehand… Organizing multiple friendgroups to join the same server will be hard without atleast that…

1 Like

Everyone will go for the easy to spell name, like the HC realm Stitches.

Yes this would be very helpful at the very least! Otherwise i know itll be a bit of chaos :joy:

Just say go for the first alphabetically.

1 Like

Haha good shout

US have just announced

Hopefully same this end?

Week to go lets see what happens haha

Any information mentioned so far? Getting my friend groups together :stuck_out_tongue:

Also explains why no realm-list too far ahead of time. Makes sense imo.

Don’t forget all that balancing that’s going to be happening on PvP realms, even from the very start, so if loads of Horde go to one PvP realm it will be locked for Horde somehow, we don’t exactly know how yet. It could even be locked for a long time, until the balance is back.

Though I think people will find a way to shyster it back to balanced.

I think it’s because most people will go to the shortest and easiest to spell name. Just like Stitches.