Setting classic aside until tbc

i decided to set classic aside until tbc, while mage boosting, min maxing, wb loggging and raid logging still a thing. there is nothing for me to do anymore and I cant be bothered to reroll a new character to 60 for enjoyment, I already unsubbed and uninstalled wow meaning blizzard isnt gonna address mage boosting. sorry but I cant ack this no more it will take like 6 hours to find a dungeon now.

if you want to do dungeons play retail.

2 Likes

idk what server u on m8, but on high pop servers u can have a full dungeon group for any dungeon in 30-45 mins max no matter when, i even regularly see people looking for sm groups at 3-4 am lol

1 Like

I play on nogger atm

i play on ashrbinger, and the maximum ive waited to get a full group is 45 mins at 4am for a zg raid, idk m8 but is it really that bad on nogger? i thought u guys had decent pop

Yeah wait until TBC when people find new ways to min/max everything, find different ways to boost/abuse/exploit old mechanics and enjoy even bigger faction imbalance than here. If those things bother you, you might aswell quit the whole game altogether.

8 Likes

Out of the things OP mentioned:

1. Mage boosting: won’t rly be much of a thing anymore. Not much because of the AoE cap (paladins are exempt from this anyway), but because the revamped pre-60 leveling experience significantly improved the exp you gain from quests, making dungeon boosting a lot less rewarding. Plus a lot of ppl will already have their alts at lvl 60 by TBC.
  2. Min maxing: well yeah sure but TBC was the first expansion where min maxing actually started to be a thing even back then, and not just on the pserver scene. This means that, while some aspects will be more emphasized compared to back then (Drums, ranged over melee etc), the meta as a whole will resemble old TBC a lot more than the Classic meta resembles old Vanilla.
  3. wb logging: Won’t be a thing in TBC anymore
  4. Raid logging: That largely depends on your playstyle. Personally, I’ll probably play more outside raids in TBC than I do in Classic. In Classic there’s just not enough to do outside raids for me, other than farming for gold/mats (PvP is a mess, and dungeons are a boring unrewarding slog). In TBC, on the other hand, both PvP and dungeons become significantly more appealing.

So yeah I do believe OP will have a better time in TBC than in Classic. Good, I dunno, but better for sure.

6 Likes

I am skeptical that TBC will solve anything as most issues with Classic are created by the players and Blizzard are REALLY bad and slow in fixing stuff (just look on what happened to AV). Call me crazy, but i think that people will do all kind of stupid crap in a TBC Classic also. Now with Classic, atleast we know what we get and Blizzard could make minor tweaks where needed, for example to the dungeon boosting meta.

2 Likes

First of all, what counts as an issue depends on who you ask, so saying “I am skeptical that TBC will solve anything” is kind of a “your mileage may vary” statement. I simply limited myself to analyzing what the OP, here, specifically cares about.

And second, depending on WHAT the issue at hand is, it’s kinda erroneous to say that issues in Classic are mostly created by the players. Players are not the ones who designed dungeons to be long uneventful slogs. Players are not the ones who designed a raid (Molten Core) where most bosses have next to no mechanics worth noting and the entire place is mostly a tank-n-spank fest with some annoying dispel tacked onto. Players are not the ones who came up with a stupid Honor ranking system that has no sort of upper ceiling on time investment, leading to potentially unhealthy play patterns. And players are not the ones who put stupid stuff like world buffs into the game (or massively stacking consumables).

Sure, you could say they’re the ones who “abused” some of these mechanics, but ultimately it’s the developers’ job to create things that can’t be easily abused to lead to unfun patterns of play. When a card in Magic the Gathering turns out to be utterly broken or unfun to play with/against, the developers don’t blame the gamers for “misusing” the card - they blame themselves for not having thought their creation through enough.

Lol no it’s not when it’s a recreation of a game and the developers specifically talked about how authenticity is their main concern.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not blaming the current devs. Heck, you can’t even call them developers, to be fair. They’re just programmers, who imported the data and assets of the old game onto a modern platform to offer a rendition of the old game as close as possible to the original, for the most part.

I’m blaming the old developers - you know, the ones everybody around here treat as geniuses and gospels of good gaming development. The ones who came up with a lot of these mistakes and make me wonder if they even tried to play the game they designed in the first place. Because sure, I can excuse them for stuff like dungeon/raid design, or class design being somewhat incomplete. But when it comes to stuff like consumable stacking, world buffs, and the whole philosophy behind hybrids being unapplicable (for the most part) to WoW, I just don’t feel they should be complemented - to say the least.

1 Like

Boosting and WB logging wont be a thing in TBC, but min maxing will. TBC Classic is going to get min maxed to high heaven, you should probably just accept that now.

Raid logging will still persist depending on the player. A lot of people will still log in every day to do their daily HC and perhaps their daily rep grind quests. That daily HC though? Expect trade/world chat to be full of “LFM Daily HC, insert gear score requirement X class only”.

You’ll likely see more people online doing arena, but that’s going to be min maxed too. You reached 1.8k back in the day? Don’t expect to this time: the average skill of players is much higher. The great players from back in the day are considered average by today’s standards.

Battlegrounds? Well, AV gets changed to an Alliance Advantage; but that doesn’t mean they’ll win. Horde become OP in TBC since the only advantage Alliance have now is paladins; which Horde get.

…And Horde get better paladins too, because Blood Elves are overpowered. Have fun doing any BGs when 40% of the Horde all have an AoE instant silence.

If you want to look forward to TBC, then great. I’m personally much more excited about replaying TBC than I’ve ever been for any new expansion. But everything that you hate about Classic is because of the Classic community: the same community that will be playing TBC.

No good group would ever ask for GS. If they do, ridicule them, then bring it to Discord and ridicule the guilds they’re part of as well. I’m gonna roll a tank, and if somebody tries to make a group with a GS req I’ll make a group in response with no GS req whatsoever.

GS doesn’t belong to TBC, it’s a WotLK thing.

The battlegtoups will be much bigger too. You’re seriously overexaggerating how good the average player has become now. Seriously, you only have to pay a visit to BGs in Classic to see how many bad players still exist.

Again, the community didn’t create the crappy gameplay mechanics, the old Blizzard devs did. TBC, even when min-maxed, is a lot less broken and unfun than Vanilla.

The whole concept of min-maxing being unfun per se is downright stupid. It’s not about the min-maxing itself, it’s about what it entails. And, in Vanilla, it entails such absurd stuff as stacking tons of consumables, world buffs, etc. In TBC, the only unreasonable thing I can think of is people picking enchanting just to get their rings enchanted before dropping it for something else - but the extra boost from it is so little that it won’t even matter if you do it or not.

I think world buffs are still gonna be a thing in tbc. People spend hours farming small consumes for 35 attack power or whatever just to get a small boost to their dps and the world buffs are giving crit and % of stats.

Those will still be wanted even in tbc so I could see people doing quick old raids for the buffs even in tbc.

No.

Consumables in TBC are split between battle and guardian elixir, you can have one of each or a flask that counts as both, even things from Vanilla were changed to elixir buffs; such as the Winterspring Jujus.

All the Classic world buffs are no longer effective past lvl63. The only world buff in TBC is from A’dal and it only works in Tempest Keep.

3 Likes

I will be doing arenas 100% but different main but unsure if rogues are that good in arenas

People are still going to have gear requirements for their groups. You can fight back all you want, and I applaud you for not tanking in a “inspect required” run. But after the first few months, it’s going to be the same.

Classic dungeons have no requirements because they’re piss easy compared to the TBC dungeons. When people are logging on to get their daily HC done, they’ll revert back to the flawed mentality of “this guy has gear, he must know what he’s doing… Right?”

I don’t consider the battleground AFKers/leechers to be the average player. I’d rate them as below average. Suppose it’s hard to consider what may or may not be “the average” as I’ve spent most of my time with above average players.

Regardless, I’m willing to make a bet with you that 1.8k rating is more difficult to get now than it was back in the day. As a whole, there’s likely to be less “meme comps” and far more people playing meta comps this time around. People know in advance what is good, so a lot of people will be rolling those characters from the start.

I do agree, TBC was more targetted with it’s design. Classic raids were designed for 25 players to be able to carry 15 slackers, TBC not so much. Regardless, people whining about the min/max culture aren’t going to find freedom in TBC. Not will they in any other iteration of WoW; some of us simply find min/maxing fun.

Every single PVEr will be pushed into Leatherworking for drums too. And as I intend to play warrior, I’m going to play the role of Bloodfrenzy B***h; so I’ll be taking master swordsmith for my Lionheart.

Rogues are great in arena, but kind of meh in raids. Your DPS will be good if you get Warglaives, but just mediocre without.

Hey, I’ve never said I would not inspect in raids/heroics I tank for. But I’m not gonna use something ridiculous like GS that would make me take a hunter in full T4 over one in full dungeon set, let alone require SSC/TK BiS for heroic Underbog or something like that.

All I’m saying is, thankfully we live in a world where nowadays we actually have Discord communities etc. that CAN limit such behavior - for example LFG addons and such hardly ever caught on on our server.

I’m not talking about ppl going AFK or leechers. I’m talking about people you’re randomly meeting in BGs. They really aren’t any better than they were back then, on average. Sure, there’re a few better players, but not enough to change the overall environment considerably.

Well yes we’ll see more ppl using the right comps - much like we see ppl using the right gear more in Classic than in Vanilla. But getting to 1.8k overall is gonna be something within everybody’s reach. Even more so than on pservers, due to the sheer magnitude of battlegroups.

Again, the point is not whether min/max is fun per se, but whether min/maxing involves doing something fun (i.e. playing your class well) or not (i.e. staying logged off to save world buffs)

LWing is not as much of a hassle as you make it out to be. Most classes in TBC simply don’t have two other professions they’d really want to take otherwise. For example, as a Warrior, you rly only need Blacksmith, so you can easily take LW for your second slot (sure, it sucks a bit to miss out on Enchanting’s +8 all stats, unless you pick and drop it with every new ring, but… frankly 8 all stats is not THAT much in TBC, and you’ll eventually drop BS anyway in T6 content once Lionheart Executioner is obsolete).

Oh shieat I totally forgot about GearScore, is that a thing in TBC? I remember it from WOTLK.

It was made in WoTLK when the Ilvl of gear became visible to players, towards the end of the expansion.

People have tried to make working versions for every WoW expansion, the Classic one got laughed at. I assume the TBC one will too.

It’s something that took foot on some pservers after 2015 or so, but it’s mostly laughingstock material. There’re simply too many lower iLvl items that are better than higher iLvl items in TBC (Hunters being the most glaring example of it). Items don’t start scaling somewhat linearly with iLvl until WotLK - which is where GS actually was introduced, and for good reason (aside from asking for unreasonable GS scores like 5.5k+ for ToC10, GS does work in WotLK as a measure of power for the most part).