Short clip on Spy

Damage meters (and threat meters) base their data on parsing the text in the combat log. Basically it picks up the things the advanced combat log picks up, and then uses that as a basis for the data it shows you as the player.

Literally everyone knows that.

Again, why are you talking about it if you dont understand it? You’re just like Grey and the rest

If they change what the combat log itself shows about enemy players specifically, probably not. Damage and threat meters apply to NPC’s, so if that part of the combat log is not toned down, it shouldn’t affect those for PvE.

You’re the one who wrote

beneath the post, so I explained it.

Youre not even good at pretending to know what youre saying

Go on then explain it for us unedumacted people

Yeah and that’s like having a second player constantly scanning the combat log and yelling when they see something of interest. Pretty pretty OP.

It shows damage taken from enemy players, which would be hard to do if they cover that stuff up.

Explain what exactly? What have I been saying here, do you know?

Just ignore him. He ran out of anything remotely relevant to say about 50 posts ago., so now he’s just spamming and hoping it’ll make him seem intelligent.

Nope im continually posting so that blizzard see’s the amount of posts about Spy.

They dont read this

Edit: I will reply to literally everything in this

Hmm, I will try to test this scenario out tonight, and update the thread accordingly.
Im in doubt now :stuck_out_tongue:

Big boy testing

Well ive read every post youve wrote so far, (edit: in this post ofc) and im yet to find any real info past the derogatory insults youve put forward to other people so please explain everything from the start, remember im not an intelectual like you so ise little boy words dont want my brain to explode

Yeah, but if they only remove the parts that notify about random auras or buffs, it should be mostly fine.
Can’t say I’m bothered by Spy myself, but it is a possible way to tone it down.

That’s great. Luckily there are a hundred other topics about Spy. This is why I know these guys so well, they have been in every single one.

Well please explain it then my dude, im sure somone of an intelectual prowess such as yourself wont find that hard :slight_smile:

No, it does exactly that. The problem is the combat log records way more events than the user can see using the standard UI (“what happened to me” etc). If you dump the log onto a file and you open it with a text editor you’ll see all the stuff you can track with addons.

1 Like

What is ‘it’?

Edit: If you want to pretend you’re smart, be clear. Wont work otherwise.

I don’t think there’s any difference to the scenario if you test it out with a fellow alliance player “loading” into your range with a buff up, and then check if the advanced combat log picked up on the auras already existing beforehand.

I remember reading something a few months ago when a rogue said that set bonuses also counts as auras and eats up a buff slot even though it’s “hidden”. So that might be worth considering too. (Don’t know if it’s true though.)