SIGNUPS CLOSED [Rp-PvP Campaign] War on All Fronts: Howling Fjord - Jan 6 - Jan 13

But is this Camp RP even anything worthwhile, I wonder?

Yes, always.

I’m curious as to how you intend to maintain the RP-PvP to respectable levels, especially with the whole campaign posted on the forum, even more so one particular aspect.

You want there to be balance and that’s fair, and that the balance is maintained in the aforementioned “Restricted RP-PvP” I can only assume. However, what is the actual purpose of “Unrestricted RP-PvP” in that case? Is the intention for the designated zones to simply be used as more free-reign hosted sessions between the Horde and Alliance - and only those that made it through the sign-ups?

In addition, should there be Guilds and individuals that did sign up but didn’t make it onto “the list” and reside in the camps to get their share of the RP, what if they want to have RP-PvP with a Guild on the opposite faction that also didn’t make it onto the list? Say, they decide to clash too but then those that made the sign-ups decide to join in too on that at random because everyone is at the same place anyway - or will you, somehow, deny others that presence?

Guild A and B didn’t get added to the list, but they want to RP-PvP between each other. However, Guild C from the Horde hears this and crashes the session; Guild D from Alliance hears this too and joins in. It is “Unrestricted RP-PvP” after all.

I’m aware that I ask a very pointed question(s) but I’m certain there are players who are curious as to how you intend to maintain the various aspects of the campaign.

Can you stop being like that

2 Likes

Camp RP is probably the most fun part of any campaign to me tbh. So many interactions with so many different people.

5 Likes

It actually can be massively fun. I have the unfortunate situation that my PC is essentially a potato, although a higher functioning potato, it’s doing well for being 9 years old Pats PC which means that the actual PvP tends to lag me out like no ones business, as such most of my fun at RPPvP campaigns is running our aerial shenanigans for my guildies, crossing swords with Alliance fliers in the Air Combat Discord we have set up, (Basically in the air there is less lag) and the actual Camp RP itself.

Its the same as any war film I suppose. The battles are important, and dangerous, but the character development comes when the bullets have temporarily died down, and the soldiers are interacting in their camps, talking about their fears, their hopes, their families back home, what they think the enemy is going to do next, how the war is going, and are they ever going to get any decent food?..

As Uruk said above, there is so much interaction with characters you would not normally meet, or names you have only ever read on forums, but then get to actually -see- them and interact with their characters.

Its definitely worthwhile, even if not being a frontline soldier. Even in the militaristic Horde, the concept of ‘Total War’ where -everyone fights- is absolute rubbish. No society could work that way, no -Army- could work that way, not if it hopes to be effective and win battles. You need your support troops, your supplies runners, your healers, your cooks, blacksmiths, you need people with a keen eye on the logistics and the rate of how quickly those bloody elven rangers are going through arrows, you basically need people to do all the jobs to make sure you -can- have an army in the field. All of those things can add flavour to Camp RP.

But that’s just my take on it, even in a fantasy setting, I like a -bit- of realism.

4 Likes

Realism in a setting we’re insisting on RPing with a little more realism in? Unacceptable!

I know right? Outrageous! :smiley:

Due to the sixth legion pulling out, the Alliance list has been updated. You and a couple of individuals have been added onto the list.

There is one big flaw with the sign ups. It relies on the fact that everyone that signed up is always online at the same time.
But most likely, of the signed up people, not all of them will often be online at the same time.
That means there will still be imbalance, unless you constantly make sure each faction has the same amount of characters in the specific battle-zones.
That sounds tedious.

It’s not perfect, but it’s better than the 20vs60 you’d get with no sign up system in place.

13 Likes

If it works its a good plan. If it dont its a bad plan: :+1:

Ah darn, wish i had made the list :confused: Good luck and have fun to everyone participating, however.

1 Like

If people who didn’t sign up pop up fighting in the fjord the purge squad might visit them :japanese_goblin: don’t come to the fjord if you’re not on the VIP list sorry

3 Likes

blocks ur path.

1 Like

Can’t wait to absolutely RKO these alliance gamers heheheheh.

come on horde let’s get an epic victory royale

2 Likes

okay, this is unepic.

1 Like

Is it really closed? We’re only a small guild and can choose a select few to Join. I mean we can even out the numbers against the Alliance :slight_smile:

The Independent Initiative that is xD

The Elf growled at the papers the Equerry handed him. “No First Use protocol? I said I could get these weapons, I said this to General Wrathrib! What do they think I am, some Cadet? No First Use! What is the point of having such weapons if you cannot use them the instant threats become apparent? Our leadership becomes squeamish, For the Annihilatrixi to be effective, we must have First Use protocol! We identify threats and neutralise them! We do not wait to be punched in the face before we punch back!” He growled, lit a cigarillo and picked up his cane, stalking around the table. “They seek to neuter my command
”

The Equerry swallowed nervously, and preened his red and gold uniform before facing the short figure pacing before him. “Some think, so I have heard, sir, that you have been Profligate in the use of the Annihilatrixi munitions, that is just what I heard”.

Brigante slammed the table, his desk “Profligate! Profligate! They would have had our forces cut off and slain in the Redridge passes and its mountain paths? They would have us do what, stand by and allow the Alliance to use weapons of terrible and massive destruction upon Domination Point? Should I have wrung my hands and said ‘I can do nothing’ as the bombs rained upon us? Perhaps I should have fired my bow at the Nethership De Regli Caeli, perhaps sworn profusely at the Nathrezim whose entire goal was the domination of Azeroth’s skies entire!” He growled and slammed the desk with his fist “We-are-at-war!”

He sighed “You have fulfilled your duty Equerry
of our Supply reports? Some good news there I trust?”

The young Elf nodded. “I have prepared a dossier Sir, these are the facts of the matter, subject to change, which is doubtful. I have made sure we will receive updates if there are changes”

Brigante smiled briefly,”I was an Equerry once, I know how it works, You’re always curious, you always flip the folder open just to get an idea as to how things are going
You will have done the same, young
what was your name again?”
“Mistwake Sir”

“You will have done the same young Mistwake, you will have read the preface sheet
what did you garner from that?”

The Equerry smiled nervously “It seems like you got everything you asked for Sir”

Brigante nodded and sat back in his chair “So I am not to fight a war with my arm tied behind my back in its entirety.” He huffed on his cigarillo. “At least we will all eat well” he opened the dossier, hooded eyes looking over it.

He looked up “you still here? Dismissed, get yourself to the canteen, you look like you need feeding up, tell them the Commandant said so”.

The Equerry saluted swiftly, about turned and marched from the room.

Brigante smiled sourly. “Eat well, for this will all surely not End Well
”

He huffed as he read the documentation inside, in a variety of scripts, as would be expected, the payments and requirements coming from across the ocean in Kalimdor, and even as far south as Pandaria, the elegant curling script almost artwork in itself, some in his own Thalassian language, easy to his eyes. He scribed notes down on a pad. “It is all coming together” he smiled, his scarred countenance almost appearing happy at the prospect of the looming War. Of course he was, these were the only times he ever truly felt alive.

Times had not been easy for Quel’thalas, whilst the Forsaken to the South had no need for such
commodities as food, there had nonetheless been a supply. No longer. The Alliance, with a lightning strike had put paid to that, Quel’thalas was once again
alone. This time, rather than indifferent nations to the south, it was hostile forces. Day by day the reports weighed upon him. Alliance incursions, aerial attacks, and he had what, half starved Dragonhawks and riders equally as famished to stave them off
.Quel’thalas was a rotten oak, one solid kick, and it would surely fall.

Again.

“No” he muttered as he drafted his letter. “Not Again, not on my watch”. His hand and the pen flew swiftly over the paper, the letter written in Orcish, but the penmanship unmistakably Thalassian.

“Quartermaster Gobbert, I enclose a list as discussed, of what resources the Aerie and First Escadrille of Quel’thalas can provide towards the war effort, these to be transported on His Regency’s Ship “the Bloodied Spear” to our upcoming engagement.

20 tonnes of salted meat, for feeding the Dragonhawks and Wyverns of the Escadrille, there will be some spare for other Horde aerial units. This is based upon a projection of fourteen days of continual air operations, if the combat becomes more protracted, we shall need to send for more.

A Tonne of salted Pork, dried and prepared for cooking, to be kept in insulation and ready for rations purposes, the meat is already salted and jointed, and ready for our cooks to make use of.

Two hundred pounds in weight of Lynx Jerky, sliced thin and dried, a good supplement to other meals, or a stand alone source of energy in the field, easily and swiftly consumed.

Seventy five pounds in weight of rice, when cooked, this will become in equivalent around five hundred pounds in terms of nutrition. We must make sure our soldiers do not eat it raw.

Seven hundred and twenty Tomato’s, to be ground down, pulped and used as a basis for sauce. Any soldier caught taking a tomato to eat in its entirety should be punished as a War Profiteer, and one who denies their comrades. This is essential to make the rice palatable to our more
brutal allies.

Ten pounds of Peacebloom, to relax, not dull, the muscles of our soldiery, to make those moments of respite more valuable and recuperative to them.

Fifteen pounds of Paprika, to spice up the meals provided, give taste, fire and anger to our our troops.

Fifteen hundred Flatbreads, to be lightly seared, Sliced, and the food placed within, to ensure a balanced diet that provides for our soldiery, giving them the fortitude and energy necessary to continue their efforts in the field.

Other herbs and sundries.

I will gladly provide instruction in the field to any of our battlefield chefs who seek the details of how to provide a meal that will keep the Horde Soldier full of energy, inspired, and able to fulfil their duties.

All is in place. If we Succeed or Fail, it will not be because of ill-fed stomachs.

Yours, Sincerely.

Air Commodore Brigante Summerisle.”

He sighed. Set down the pen, what more could he do. What he had promised, they would give.

He grimaced, remembering the Redridge War, as he could never help but do so, whenever he looked at the Cane that supported him, a reminder of Alliance atrocity

“We give what we can” he muttered. Almost the mantra of Quel’thalas.

He reached for the bell on his desk and tinkled it. The Door opened, the same Equerry.
Brigante glared “I thought I told you to bugger off and get breakfast!” he growled.

The Equerry nodded sheepishly “You did Sir, but I realised you would probably have a message you wanted sending Sir, so I stuck around Sir”. Brigante glowered “Did you by the Sun! Know my mind better than I do eh?”
The Equerry flushed and looked down at his boots.
Brigante relented “Tell me, young
Mistwake
 When a soldier comes back from battle what do they want?”
“To know they have won, sir!” The Equerry answered proudly and stood upright.

Brigante laughed, and stood, using his cane “To know they have won? To know they have won? Thats not what a soldier wants. Thats what a General Wants, not a Soldier. Winning is for generals and Warchief’s, what does a soldier want?

“Dry socks, good food and a good night’s Sleep Sir”

Brigante nodded. “And thats the business we are in now. The good food bit at least. I promised the Horde Quartermasters we would bring good food. This document
” He slapped the table behind him “Promises that
.I can’t promise them dry socks, I can’t promise them a good night’s sleep, and I certainly cannot promise them to know that they have won” Brigante bristled and turned back to the list “But I can promise them they will eat well
after that, it is all out of my hands”

The Equerry swallowed, looking down at the predatory gaze, more akin to a Dragonhawk than an elf and muttered “ What
can you promise Sir?”

Brigante furrowed his brows “Swived if I know, now take the damned letter, get it sent off, and go and get some damned food in you
If you don’t
.then Sun knows, I will”

He looked out over the shores of Quel’thalas.

Soon the enemy would come

5 Likes