So it looks like exploiters keep exploiting, no bans happening. Look how nostalrius managed exploiters. Bans happened

So link the blue post then?

The one i saw said that the raid resetting was a completely different bug than the dungeon layer exploit.

Side note for the curious: that was a completely separate bug that has existed since 2004, and actually happened several times back then, it just wasn’t being broadcast to thousands of viewers at the time.

The reset bug wasn’t new either.

Actually this was intended, and I don’t consider this a failure. I’d argue it was a bad thing to go with layers, although I’m pretty sure I know why they did, but personally I’d rather have that dodgy “can’t level properly for weeks”-experience than all of the things that has happened thus far.
But they did say before the launch that they had several servers on standby ready to be activated should the need arise, so this was all planned and not a rushed reaction.

It’s vice versa in PvP, the bulk of the boosts aren’t done in gold but with RL money. Of course it’s against the ToS, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles and have done so for years.

It just so happened to resemble layer hopping, be triggered by hopping layers, and be much more frequent now than it was in vanilla.
Sure is funny how that works.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the post where they say the raid resetting was a different bug, they also clearly state that the layer exploit was about infinitely farming a dungeon boss, not a raid soo

I think they undestimated the demand for Classic, they clearly had a lot more people coming back who didn’t try to reserve names. I don’t think we’ll ever get an official clarification on that.

We could have had double the starter servers and still there would have been the need to create more.

Facepalm.

Reset bug was common back then yes, but reset bug means some bosses randomly spawned.
When your raid refreshed each time you invite nonID character - its not a raid reset bug, its a layer abuse bug. I can not really believe people trust every worde without even thinking. Whatever, stay in your believers cave.

3 Likes

Then what stops you to report them?! You are crying because “nothing” is done, yet 
 passively you are supporting the exploiters with this mentality.

or maybe, they are your friends?!

It was indeed a different bug but many feel that streamers get preferential treatment even though they don’t.

Preach, for example, was punished for exploiting in Retail, not only did he lose access to his account he was also uninvited from the summit Blizz held for content creators and streamers.

So you only reply to the first paragraph? Ok.

Was hoping to see something more concrete about the other paragraphs, but beggars can’t be choosers I suppose.

I guess this is all you’ll have to say about it, even though

Sure, their official stance on it is that “if they’re caught” but then we get into the nitty-gritty of spending actual effort to catch them, which has been severely lacking sometimes. (Some seasons they’ve done a decent job, but other seasons not so much. They also spend more effort disqualifying the higher the boost was, so r1 is pretty well-guarded, gladiator a little less, and 2.4k lets a lot of boosts fly under the radar. Pre-BfA that is, haven’t kept track of the ladders and the players since I haven’t been playing in BfA.)
The organizations providing these PvP boosts for RL cash didn’t spring up over night, they’ve been operating smoothly for years. Feel free to check 'em out. Then try to tow the company line again like that, with empty platitudes.

and this too of course. So thus far, in this short interaction, you’ve 1. ignored arguments, and 2. quite literally spewed platitudes, that is more of a non-answer than anything else to the question you were trying to answer.

3 Likes

He should be banned but also should be clonked over the head for basically maxing out and ruining the game for himself for the next few months.

Layer hopings = exploiting

Want to stop it? Report people who spam chat with “layer inv pls”.

1 Like

Punyelf is totally wrong about banwave.
No bans have happened yet.

This one screenshot that has been used as “evidence” is either irrelevant to raid and dungeon boss exploit or just fake.

When the real banwave hits, you will notice several posts here and in Reddit about “got banned, not my fault”.

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s impossible to tell whether you’re right or Puny is right yet. There’s too little information available still, so one can only speculate.

1 Like

Well he didn’t as it didn’t work for raids so that’s just a lie

His “homie” doesn’t exist

1 Like

Layer hopping isn’t against the rules and has an hour cool down anyway.

I really hope that it will happens

Rn Blizz is in a very bad shape, they are so slow that it actually amazes me.

I know that the classic project was not easy, above all being so much different and dificult than their last “work”, but holy blight, they screw up as hell and doesnt even care so far it seems.

Its a shame because the peeps working on it looked like they were enjoying the idea but
 Dont know wtf happened.

1 Like

They were not created for that purpose, people are exploiting this system.

any evidence for all this?