So it looks like exploiters keep exploiting, no bans happening. Look how nostalrius managed exploiters. Bans happened

It’s definitely way less than an hour.

People should peel their eyes from the layer exploiters for a second into a real problem that will persist if we as players don’t report these people:

Botters.

Yesterday saw someone’s rogue with a very distinct bot farming behaviour on webwinder path on stonetalon mountains on my server, painfully obvious it wasn’t human player. Got another player to report them as well, but it remains to be seen whether actions will be taken or is the dude allowed to farm tons of trash loot and spider’s silk.

Blizzard keeps endorsing layer hoppers and economic exploiters and we can’t do a thing about that, aside from reporting the dungeon layer exploiters. But what we can do is report cheaters.

2 Likes

You know, you CAN create your own thread about what you wanna talk about.
You don’t need to butt into a thread, then try to invalidate it and then dictate what you think should be talked about, in a thread about something else.

3 Likes

Just saying that if peeps here want to keep exploiters and cheaters out of the classic community since there seems to be a major outcry against them, complaining about layer exploiters on forums isn’t gonna get anybody banned any faster. That is out of our hands now. If you feel that invalidates the point of this topic, then I suppose so, but bots also have quite similar effect on the economy as layering can have, which is what worries people about layering in the first place.

1 Like

It’s amazing how many exploiter sympathisers there are in threads like this. Quite obviously people who have exploited and don’t want to get banned. So far, there has been exactly ONE screenshot showing any action taken against the dungeon reset exploiters, and that’s it. If anything had actually been done we’d see loads of them as well as a flood of posts by people claiming they were banned for no reason. But we haven’t had that, because Blizzard hasn’t actually done anything. Everyone who has abused layering for any reason deserves bans, people who abused XP raids deserve bans even more, and dungeon resetters more still. But nothing has been done and nothing probably will at this point. It’s soured classic for me and honestly I might quit soon if nothing is done, I’m sure all the exploiters in this thread will be glad to see people like me go but oh well. Blizzard hasn’t failed at creating a classic experience, as they haven’t even tried.

7 Likes

Layer hopping is NOT an exploit :joy: .

Blizzard’s interpretation is clearly in conflict with their own definition of it in their ToS though.
So yeah, it’s an exploit. Technically speaking. It’s just not an exploit they want to prohibit.

There are many reasons why they would not want to, like for example a question that might spread in their player base if they would do so would be “how come it’s punishable in Classic but not in retail with the shard hopping?” and so on. It’d set what’s called a precedent.

Not to mention the task of separating the cases where people just went into a different layer unintentionally because they just wanted to play with a friend out in the world or to do a dungeon, from the ones who deliberately jumps layers to increase the pace of collecting resources and/or to kill mobs and/or rare mobs.

4 Likes

Looks like still nothing happened

Get this post flagged, guys. He’s obviously just trolling because I don’t see any evidence of Nos GM’s banning anyone or dealing with exploiters…just a sneaky way to advertise some sh*t streamer

1 Like

LAYER SWAPPING IS EXPLOITING.

Its not f**king rocket science to understand this.

If you layer hop you gain an unfair advantage regarding world resources

5 Likes

You lost basically evyryone right here.

Why is it unfair advantage if everyone can do it? Where is unfair part?

Poiting out the only PS to be closed by Blizzard.

You can Guess why

Are you serious?

Dead serious, you can do the research yourself.

Blizzard closed hundreds of pirate servers. They even sued some like wowscape and won big money.

1 Like

Yeah that is absolutely not true. You can research yourself.

Perfect, still, they dealt with exploits.

No, it’s not… The world that, you hopped to, is ment to have those resourses for people to farm them, due to the higher population of the servers. The drawback that a few players would benefit from that mechanic is something Blizzard accepted a long time ago.

If you get layered its fine, but if you purposely jumping to gain extra? If you haven’t been layered, you then should be on that layer, as space on that layer is enough for that moment.
Dunno, I would say it is cheating.

2 Likes