Spending 50% of your time in dungeons drinking?

I simply feel like you spend too much time drinking water in dungeons.

i know its the way vanilla originally was. however i simply feel like its too much, every pull you have to drink for 20 seconds atleast.

boring.

9 Likes

Depends on what u play imo

Not been my experience in Vanilla and that hasn’t been my experience now. That being said the groups I play with use CC so the tank doesn’t take an incredible amount of damage. Not enough to make me go oom every pull.

4 Likes

placing totems every pull is alot of mana and breaks mp5 rule, tanks never letting you drink to full also tilts me.

the whole cleave mentality isnt helping either. if you have to spam heals you go oom every pull not much you can do.

2 Likes

I don’t recognise it, but I’ve never played a shammy during vanilla. Are you specced into resto? And do you perhaps use dps spells a lot?

I have come across a few healers who have had tanks who are clearly too used to a mmo more like Retail WoW. Not just pulling too fast, also not allowing people time to do CC and breaking it with aoe if they do CC.

3 Likes

Well if u are in in gear, u can survive one pull and need to drink at end, thats how it is, at end of combat start drinking, stop when tank needs heal, not when he enters combat , place all important totems at once

best water i have acces too is 2900 mana over 30 seconds, and i have 5100 mana :confused: should buff that abit, dont think a single soul would cry about that.

1 Like

Its the way vanilla is… U wanna full mana? Beter drink that bottle whole…

3 Likes

if you ahve to drink every pull its just a bad group tbh.

the reason are:

• too low level => eat too much damage
  • threat problems=> everyone gets damage => soaks mana because of heal
  • too much overheal

i guess its the second one?

3 Likes

Do you use right gear? Like Int+Spirit? Are you specced right? Do you have any mana pots on you? All about Cleaves is effectiveness. So if you are innefective, it’s your problem

If you are healing, you don’t heal properly, Or you have a lesser experienced tank.

Downrank your heals.

downranking isnt reaslly worth it before you have alot of + healing. i dont overheal at all, but when grp only wanna cleave 4-5 mobs at once you have to output alot of HPS or you just die.

Get used to it. If you can’t retail is that way ---->

I hardly believe this is the case at lvl 34.
Cleave meta is a thing, but doubtfully at lvl 34, and if it is? It’s all about down ranking your heals. Not much else unless you have bad dps and tank.

im level 53, amory never updates.

My bad.

So what is your issue? Tank taking much dmg? Dps pulling aggro? do you always use max rank on healing?

To be fair, it can also be because:

• People do not respect the CC’s, and break them instantly
  • People not doing mechanics
  • People standing in shizzle
  • Tank is DPS specced
  • People over aggro and get dmg.
  • Bad tank/Overpulling/not letting healer drink

A LOT of people come from Retail, where you ignore mechanics, damage and CC unless it’s a +6 or +10 M+ or raid. And every body is used to a healer with infinite mana.
Though… people should really have found out by now

2 Likes

Tbh you don’t need CC in normal dungeons, but it helps. ( depends on healer and tank )
This is not patch 1.2, hardly anybody CC’d at 1.12 unless the tank was somewhat undergeared for the dungeon.

In many cases that helped with treath.

Personally I do use them quite a bit, only the tank gets the most recent, biggest heal. I prefer to keep everyone topped off as much as I can, and I’ll check at the start of the run what is adequate for the dps when they get aggro. In that sense I fluctuate with topping everyone off in one go with their specific heal, and then play the mana regen game and wand a bit. For me that usually means I have at least half mana at the end of fights, if not more.

But I have no experience with cleave groups, that might be the simple reason for your prob :slight_smile: