Spy addon could easily ruin world PvP for classic

Gladius has been doing this for years, and alerting you of PvP trinkets and stealth.

This addon also existed in Vanilla.

Where are the #nochanges dudes now?

5 Likes

agree but the solution is not to ban the addon. the solution is to change their api so this addon become useless and every other addon that will try the same.

if that existed in vanilla then it wasn’t good back then. there is no point in keeping something like that. its not something that adds to the classic experience in a good way. maybe that it wasn’t obvious back then but i guess it is now.

1 Like

But we have to also understand this anti-addon complaining other-hand has also gone out of hand. It feels that people want to ban almost anything that exists.

I play a rogue myself and I am certain I get an opener even when people know where was the last place where I went to stealth. I think people like to over dramatize the impact of add-ons and simply aim also control game for others.

If not this add-on, then next one. This is why people also are getting tired of everytime such post gets up. Does not make him a troll for feeling such.

8 Likes

I was there in Vanilla and I used it then as well as now so what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Problem explained in this topic about 20 people.

1 Like

So a bunch of retail players are now demanding that add-ons that where around in Vanilla should be banned? It doesn’t affect other players at all so stop the nonsense.

It counters ambush tatics on pvp servers.
It effects other players.

4 Likes

You haven’t used it then I see. It reads your own combat log for enemy activities, it doesn’t detect stealthed players it just detects that someone goes into stealth within the range of your combat log. And while useful in detecting other players you literally have very little time to see them because it doesn’t tell you were they are or where they are coming from. Useful yes, game breaking? Far from it.

9 Likes

Ambush not stealth.
Seeing someone questing with his back to me makes an exelent target.

By you own explaination that woud no longer work as the addon tells you about my presence.
A 2 second window to counter makes alot of difference.

I doubt. You can still ambush.

2 Likes

I always reverse my camera when fighting a mob so I usually see enemy players anyway. Again hardly game breaking.

Yes but that is you doing it.
The addon does it for you.

I dont get the appeals of addons anyway.
Most of them seem cheats to make the game easier.
Why play a game if you dont want to play it?

1 Like

There was an addon in vanilla that did the exact same thing but no one used it because it was annoying as hell. It would spam LocalDefence and piss people off because they really didn’t care or want to care who was where or if a horde was around.

Some people used it in a way to go around and get a bit of a heads up but they weren’t impactful at all. They have limited range and have to be within visual distance(although it will let you know if they’re behind a wall or tree when in combat) afaik. It’s not a big deal and it very much was a thing in vanilla to have these kind of addons.

At the end of the day you can still gank, rush on people and what have you as long as you don’t partake in combat to register on the combat log while around them.

5 Likes

No the addon doesn’t do it for me at all, it just reports “enemy player nearby” and I have also been ambushed while having the addon since you will have very little time if they are moving in your direction. Why don’t you try it yourself before complaining? Then you would at least be informed of how it works.

Addons have been a part of WoW since Vanilla. If you don’t want to use them then don’t but don’t tell other players how to play the game.

9 Likes

This! And you can switch off notifying in local defense.

1 Like

Then i retract my statement.
Aslong it doesnt prevent me from attacking an unaware prey it is fine.

2 Likes

The addont does not report only that it reports their Coordanatest there name and show last scanned location on your mini map with a alliance/horde symbol.

I dont try out things that give people unfair advanatages.

2 Likes

As Eggs and other Vanilla veterans pointed out, just like e.g. quest, gathering and auctioneering addons , these kind of addons existed in Vanilla, too.

Which in and by itself should not invalidate concerns over any of them, but I can’t help but notice people being alright with AddOns impact8ng aspects of the game they personally don’t find important now suddenly going mad when an AddOn affects a style of play THEY DO find important.

Bunch of hypocrites.

4 Likes

the addons you have said about there They give a single player convieniance, this spy addon is an unfair advantage/dissadvantage depending on how you use it. litterally should be removed im sorry the only people that want to keep this alive is the people who have no skill in classic and litterally cant 1v1 / 1v2 people.

The thrill of the hunt boys/girls dont use this addon.

2 Likes

Ban Addon - “Spy Classic”.

4 Likes