Spy addon could easily ruin world PvP for classic

#nochanges. If it was in vanilla then it’s part of the experience. You asked for it yourselves.

There have been quite a bit of times where I could have used this add-on rather than being ganked at low mana. But I prefer not having it. I prefer it a lot because it makes me stay sharp. Killing mobs can cause me to tunnel a little bit. And having to constantly scan for Alliance groups can get tiresome. I understand people wanting an easier way. I do sort of agree though that it does give a bit of an unfair advantage. It even works when someone is not in LoS.

1 Like

This is one of the best addons I have seen so far. It is amazingly useful. A rogue tried to open on me when I was 20% hp, I instantly drank a potion when the addon detected him. From there on, it was not even fair for the poor fella. Rogue trying to gank a shadow priest, lul.

3 Likes

When it is like that i guess i gonna use a bot for leveling my toon to lvl60. Because the bot is only doing things i also could do, right? What an argument.

The addon has to go or phase 2 will be a joke WPVP-wise.

4 Likes

This addon needs to go period. Whats the point in picking a rogue in WPVP if it tells anyone that you entered stealth when they cant even see you. Even in bgs ambushing is no more. Better pick warr now.

3 Likes

This is exactly why it needs to removed.

1 Like

thats some bull right there. I wanna see you do the same the addon does and i will iterally give you 1000 euro.

1 Like

Use this
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy

and add “Spy addon” to the custom option. No more spam.

A bot is fully automated wow, no human player involved, against Blizz policy. Addons are only streamlining things that players can already do themselves, within Blizz’s policy. Two very different situations.

Doesn’t matter, it’s theoretically possible, that’s what matters. The combat log displays the same information as Spy, but it may be hard to read combat log. Spy reads it for you, and outputs the important info. Qol is the principle of all addons. If you want spy gone, all addons should be removed.

It was in Vanilla, Classic players wanted authenticity. You got it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This add-on has go go. I am using it and it gives huge advantage and completely destroys wpvp. We all seen what flying mounts did to wpvp in the latter expansions. Dont let an addon do the same on a game like classic…

2 Likes

Then remove all other Vanilla era addons too.

2 Likes

We had same addons at Vanilla. If I remember right it was VanasKoS. This mods didn’t do anything that you can’t do. It’s simple analyze combat log and inform you about enemies if they perform any actions.

3 Likes

Spy is amazing for world pvp, dunno what I’d do without it.

1 Like

It actually caused interesting group vs group match today. People run 1 by 1 into dungeon entrance and got jumpoed by healer (bait?) and rogues. And then I told my friends to group up at a stone and then we all go. we had 2 druids (stealthed and 2 rogues) and a warlock bait.

But since I knew they have bundle of rogues, we were prepared.

And when baits met, ours trapped immediately 2 rogues out of stealth, and when the 4 stealthed characters jumped at them…

I found this fight much for memorable and fun than whatever 1vsgroup they did otherwise.

We lost our warlock into terrible wounds , but it was for the good cause !

3 Likes

It won’t be banned because it was created to protect streamers from beeing ganked. It has the same purpose like layering - protect content creators at all costs to get more kids into the game that will buy microtransactions in the later stages of Classic.

1 Like

How is the AddOn a problem for you? I’ve been using a custom Combat Log window to detect enemy player’s movements and activities for 15 years. The AddOn does the EXACT same thing.

Adapt and overcome or get left behind.

4 Likes

Just to be clear, the addon is just yelling what is already written in the combat log…I rarely use it but on occasions i’ll have my log open for enemy actions so i’ll know if i’m in any danger. Combat log has a range and if you’re the kind of person so inclined to use a combat log, you wouldn’t really need the addon anyway.

2 Likes

The addon actually doesn’t work as well as it used to, thanks to the limitations blizzard has put in place.

If only you would know how it was before…

The issue with this addon is that it communicates information to other players without the player having to interact. Yes indeed this is a QoL addon but to what extend do we take things to QoL until it starts messing with what the game should be about. Imagine the following scenario: you find a player that should have been announced by the addon but instead you have to type it out, give coordinates and other information to other players in the chat. The time it takes for you to write it all down, the enemy (given that you stand still alternatively auto run while typing) has already gone to another direction or even engaged combat with you and then you have to decide whether to proceed typing or just hit esc/enter and start combat yourself.

When you tear scenarios down into details you start noticing how many addons save seconds and indeed therefore are deemed QoL, but we underestimate the consequences they give to other elements of the game.

Take this from a guy who enjoys programming and making things easier for myself in real life with various custom self-made or bought products: I know how good QoL things are, but they ALWAYS come with a cost. Having to move less makes you lose those tiny extra calories for instance because you made something that makes you not having to go to the other room, just an example and I’m sure you (reader) can come up with many scenarios. Small things do turn into eventual huge differences.

I use a lot of addons that are QoL, UI improvements and so on forth. But this one is too big of a QoL improvement in my opinion. Especially the moment you turn player interactions into an automated process. Big no from me.

100th reply \o/

4 Likes

Lmao you really think announcing someone’s coordinates in chat is somehow too much QoL improvement to the game is just outright delusional thinking. I can’t believe you used that as an example why this addon should not be in the game.

Got any better arguments, or was this really the best you could do?

1 Like