Why is WoW too complicated for new players nowdays

I have been posting forums since 2017, saw less complaints than what we have today

I remember made my first posts with “Vrykul and Ogre playable race”

All of my bnet friends don’t know what is WoW forum, even when I told them for the first time

and any friend of mine said “Nah, I don’t want to see forum, it’s wasting time”

EDIT: And for new players it isn’t easy to explore WoW forum, it’s so hard

1 Like

If u could read it always said where to do what , u just had to read . Usualy it said stuff like " go north of this cavern there u can find boars " etc …
Or u asked in chat for help from someone else that figured it out.

Rotation or binds arent realy complex imho , if u arent completly new to mmo .

What is rather confusing is wow itself , i came back after s1 on different char, all of sudden i had 4739 qieusts to do, acces 4 different crests which i had no idea what for they are and whatnot …

Vanilla and now are so big difference which it makes harder for new players so yes.

The likelyhood is there not able to play at a level where it matters, because the amount WoW expects you to juggle.

And given theres more of them then those who can manage this at rhis point its a negative.

You think theres more complaints today then in legion / BFA and SL?

Im sorry but no, this is the quietest rhe forums been in a very long time in regards to complaints.

In a vacuum no, however trying to mechanically perform in a +20, while executing a perfect rotation however is extremely complex in regards to certain speccs.

That dont happen on a first char.

The reason it happens to u is due to the fact uve unlocked WQs and everything else which has enabled certain skips so it dumps it all on you.

First play through generally is slower as they need to complete each stage.

Ive heard they go as far as purple quest icons marking quests that unlock stuff, as a friend of mine has recently returned since BFa has said.

Rotations complexity is very dependent on thenclass chosen however

I assure u even if they came from a other mmorpg at level 7p if they dove into arcsne mage enhancement shaman or outlaw rogue theyd struggle.

We’re addicted to addons because the game is practically unplayable without them. Even something as simple as performing correct rotations or timing crowd controls with diminishing returns become exceedingly difficult, never mind all the complex interactions and awareness issues.

I duly note that the OP has no likes. This forum simply will not stop asking for things to be endlessly complicated until the game goes out in a blaze of elitism.

3 Likes

This is already happening. WoW participation numbers are terrible.

The community pretends this is due to BG3 and the summer (the summer and new video games apparently never existed before Dragonflight).

However, it is obvious at this point, that the numbers are so poor that the direction of retail is to blame. Of course this will become clear as WoW content creators panic as viewership continues plummeting and S3 releases without any remaining videogame release scapegoats.

@OP

I made multiple threads about this previously:

OP: You are obviously correct, and even top players that are worried about the game dying like Venruki agree that the game is needlessly complex.

4 Likes

Yet this tier has been cleared the quickest since ED in Legion and many more pugs and guilds have Curve and you have been debunked many times in those 3 threads already.

I laughed at Hekill thread as its number 31 in download list and meant for people with disablities. Even the auth of the addon said its not meant to be top notch dps and its to assist those with learning and other’s with disablities number of downloads means nothing as the addon has been out since TBC.

Good job proving Ishayos point.

I am crippled and have poor eyesight and the addon helps me, so what is your point? So you owe me an apology for taking things out on context. Ishayo and me have spoken about eyesight issues in the game before and at length so please take your twisted views else were.

I believe his point is that to suggest that an add on meant to help with handicap should not be downloaded tens of millions of times, as that would imply an utterly outrageous handicap frequency.

If we accept that it is for handicapped people and it has that number of downloads then we are forced to accept that by the standards of WoW, a huge proportion of the community is handicapped - in other words the normal is considered handicapped.

“The normal person is handicapped” is truly a statement of boundless elitism.

1 Like

DBM is updated far more frequently and forcefully. But yes, it is more popular.

Even so, that amount of downloads is very large.

For context, one of the oldest unit frames addons in the world, Shadow Unit Frames, has also existed since vanilla and has 16 million downloads.

Would it be worth it to consider the notion that the “basic rotational is simply the class interacting with itself and that there is no gameplay value for encounter design to exploit in it? Do we need it?

I am debating topics I like to. I did not flame you, I did not attack you, I did not harm you in any way.

Every time I interact with you, however, you flame me. You’ve even started following me from thread to thread flaming me as you go. At this point it feels like if you found out who I was IRL you’d go after me. It’s quite disturbing.

Ishayo is one of the only good-hearted people on this forum (I am not, obviously).

This kind of manipulative behaviour is unacceptable, no matter how hard your real life might be. You know exactly what you are doing.

Behave towards me how you like, I do not care, but don´t treat one of the only well-intentioned forum posters this way.

I will never interact with you again, good luck in life, it clearly has not been easy, and I hope things will somehow be easier for you in the future.

I don’t deserve such a defence, but I thank you for it. Hope you have a lovely evening.

1 Like

Then you say that very rude and distastful and ironic now reporting you for flaming and talking rubbish about me irl. But its fine for you to call others eltish and tell them they dont need aid in a game very wrong of you.

Dont flatter yourself i follow you, there is simply put hardly any forum threads and very little posters so we are bound to be in same threads.

Accusing of me things which i could have you taken for slander so be careful thanks.

I didn’t say anything about you IRL at all. I don’t know you and I didn’t know you had a handicap. Of course there is no problem with a feature that helps the disabled - I should know, I had a spec made unplayable due to epilepsy.

The problems come in when the amount of downloads is so high that “it is for the disabled” simply cannot apply unless a very very large percentage of players are disabled. To imply that is to be elitist because the only way for it to be true is to call the average person disabled.

shows you didnt read the whole thing and completely took it out of context and made slanderous comments about me about a great deal many things in this thread.

Slander? You do realise that’s a criminal charge, right? And you also realise that it implies maliciously sending out false messages about your character to a wide audience in order to ruin your life?

Feels like you’re ready to drag me to court or something, or worse. This is absolutely wild. I have never experienced such hostility in any forum I have ever been on. I’m genuinely starting to get a little scared here. I wish I was joking.

I don’t think people are picking up that addon to learn, by the way. They’re picking it up because they don’t want to learn because they consider it unimportant and annoying busywork and they want to focus elsewhere. It was never about handicaps, which is exactly what I said, it was always about people not wanting to bother with that complexity. It is the only way to interpret those downloads in a non-elitist way.

1 Like

Which you have done in your last 3 post i ask you to stop it now before i do take it up with blizzard in tickets.

Accusing me of stalking
Accusing me of eltish
Defamation of my character

You have accused me of a great dael of things and think its ok to get away with it, well i am sorry you have been rude one time many times.
How can a cripple like me “come after you irl” you are very rude to suggest that and now playing the innocent act.
Do not respond thanks.

What do you mean? You’ve literally flamed me every time you’ve seen me for almost a month. I just… what?

Also, following me from thread to thread isn’t the same as stalking! It is very disconcerting though. Like if you could just respectfully disagree that would be real swell.

I also genuinely wish I knew how to ignore someone whose profile is hidden. That would make this a lot easier for me.

More slander , i have been offline in hopsital for the last 3 months and had no sub or will to post.

Like i said hardly anyone post or hardly any threads people bound to be in same place. So even more defamation of my charater.

Use the search feature and its really distasteful to play innocent and victim act when you have done nothing but be rude to me and others all over the forum.
I asked you 4 times to leave me alone and you didnt.

:lock: How To Block Someone: Step-By-Step - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)