Texture flickering in World of Warcraft

As some one who has had flickering it has nothing to do with gsync its cos nvidia removed a fix in the game profile since the cyberpunk driver while old driver does not have such problem, you can bassicly export this old profile with nvidia profile inspector and then install new driver and delete the newer profile and load back in the old working profile and have no flickering, which is what i have done.

It’s still happening…
I thought I had fixed it with Settings > Advanced > Auto-detect G-card
It fixes it in that zone, until you change the zone…and then it starts flickering all over again.

This flickering is a pain, it’s truly only happening in WoW for me and it’s driving me insane.
Really hope for nVidia to fix this asap.

For me, turning off msaa stopped it or capping my frames to 100 also stopped it. i usually get around 150fps

Same issue with the newest nvidia drivers

I have rtx 3070 and had this issue for a while since bought the card.
Today I’ve found the solution. The shadows ray tracing was disabled, once I had turned it on, the flickering has stopped!

It seems like turn off “Triple buffering” fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’ve barely played over the last 3 weeks but every time I’ve logged in I’ve had this flickering going on all over the place.

It’s been driving me nuts, figured my graphics card was on its last legs.

Spent all morning messing around with different settings that people suggested to no avail.

Some temporarily halted it, but yours seems to have stopped it completely.

Same here stopped it completely although I am still using very old Nvidia drivers,
24/09/2020 456.5 on a MSI 1080 ti GPU I don’t like updating drivers unless I realy have to.

But that said I don’t believe the texture issues are NVidias fault, Blizz defiantly changed a lot of things for Shadowlands launch and I am running the exact same Hardware and software I was all through BFA and never had any issues all graphic’s wise but the day Shadowlands launched issues started appearing.

It is on NVidia. I’ve had the same problem in BfA when a particular NVidia driver launched. Rolling back older ones fixed it for me, then Nvidia implemented a fix and it worked…it worked up until they released the Cyberpunk driver which broke WoW textures again :confused:

Not necessarily . Blizzard made changes to graphics and Nvidia have had to develop new drivers specifically for the Blizz changes, Nvidia dont roll out new drivers just for the sake of it, they have to when publishers change their games.

Problems with most of Blizz changes they lose what they’ve done, so instead everything just gets Band aid fixes and then continue to add more band aids on top of the previous ones to hopefully fix an issue instead of actually doing a proper job and then informing company’s like Nvidia of the exact changes.

If Nvidia knew the exact changes Blizz had made it would be a easy driver fix for them , but they don’t, tbh I don’t even think Blizz knows themselves what’s causing the conflict with drivers.

Lets be honest here there has been so many issues with every aspect of the game since Shadowlands launched far far more than any other expansion has ever had, Blizz have openly admitted they had to cut a lot or corners just to get the game “playable” for the already delayed launch and admitted many aspects were still under development, Shadowlands launch was basically an Alpha and still is.
Blizz currently are in a catch up mode, they are rushing around trying to fix everything and also still trying to make content for future patch’s, tldr: everything is a mess and Blizz are falling behind every patch

Driver update fix my issues.

Will try the turning off triple buffering tip. It even caused issues with quaking, not able to sometimes see them in e.g. Sanguine Depths.

The easiest fix for me was to use Nvidia Profile Inspector. First you need to export a profile from an older driver (or use that one linked from here) where the issue didn’t occur then you just need to import that profile once you updated to a newer driver. As far as I can tell, it’s been the only working and reliable method for me.

1 Like

Soo, this actually didn’t solve it for me. It makes it go away, but I suspect just because it “reboots” the gfx engine. Changing zone often makes it reappear. I’ve taken a short video of it happening in Icecrown when playing an alt:

https://youtu.be/CRtANV1LcwI

I’m glad they are still trying to get it sorted with NVIDIA at least.

Yesterday’s update - still listed under open issues :frowning:

“[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game
[3206341]”

New for me today - only seems to be in Bastion (had fps issues a few days a go but they seem to have gone - tried different older Nvidia drivers and resolved the issue)

Flickering wasn’t there yesterday (turning Ray Tracing fixes it but I like my frame rate) . So it look like the choice is flicking but good frame rate with (461.40 drivers) OR terrible fps with something newer.

AMD 5800x and Nvidia 3070 GPU

Yep, this is becoming unbearable…

its not my idea, i found this on the US forums and atleast for me, it did not eliminated the flickering completelly, but its not as bad as it was before

for me reduced the flickering by 60-70% which makes the game somewhat playable

1 Like

I’ve fixed it by lowering a few settings and turning on Ray Tracking (good - middle setting). I get the same/similar fps and I think overall it looks better (even though most of the settings needed to be turned down from ultra to high to facilitate this)

Just started today in Bastion random textures “flickering” all over my screen.
to add, I am Kyrian Covenant, so I’m there everyday and I’ve NOT updated anything, NO windows updates, NO GPU driver updates, not even any addon updates, NOTHING as been changed all week on my end.

Logged another Alt, also Kyrian covenant, game seemed fine, no issues so flew to Oribos and Hearthstoned back to Elysian Hold in Bastion and textures “flickering” like crazy