The Microtransactions and pay to win is killing TBC classic

Imagine if blizzard was caring and listening to the customers instead of falling over to the corporate stocks holders/ activision etc …

Just imagine

rip man

fresh when pls

I don’t like boosts either but why would they be pay to win? It’s just bad people paying gold to get gear, they will neither influence pvp nor pve with the gear they buy.
Why are you mad at a level boost? It is legit just a time save and gives no advantage over others.

You people hate on blizzard for legit everything these days…its getting boring. If you don’t like Boosts don’t buy them easy enough.

2 Likes

Buying the mount is literally buying gold. And the more characters you have, the more that investment becomes worth it.

And I don’t even need to explain the boost. Boost a mage => free money-printer => welcome to the GDKP oil prince Club as a healer who wouldn’t have spent the effort of leveling a farming character otherwise.

1 Like

The mount saves you 100g on each character because you still have to buy the riding skill and they are the expensive parts. And 100g is nothing in tbc.

I don’t care about the 58 boost tbh it just saves some time for people who are willing to pay it and it doesn’t have any effect on me. The Mages printing money on the other hand is a huge deal and should have been adressen in classic with all the dungeon boosts. All these aoe dungeon farm bring way to much money into the game.

Still that’s not pay2win, games called “Freemium” are go check them out and compare it…

It sounds like you are jealous. You spent a bunch of hours to lvl 1-58 and some ppl did not.
Well life aint fair. But hey if you cry enough im sure blizzard will delete all boosted chars and buy you a golden throne you can keep on screaming out about next thing you wish to whine about.

2 Likes

People need to stop comparing the boost with making a level 1 char when it’s purpose is to bring in those who didn’t play classic, but want to play TBC.

It sure is such a MASSIVE advantage to be 2 levels behind with a vastly inferior gear than the people who played classic.

Only way wow will be p2w is if they put gear to shop that’s better than anything you could get from raids

1 Like

If thats the actuall purpose then they would have made it so that people who had chars above a certant level couldnt buy it, but it was clearly a cashgrab and nothing els a lot of people who played classic bought it to have another cloth cd going as cloths were predicted to be hughe money makers for people.

One of the 2 people have earned their gear and their 2 more levels the other one have just used their credit card to buy it. One of those 2 people have actually played the game the other one have not, and there are people who actually dont have the extra money just lying around to buy a boost for example but those people are not existing acording to you. (and before you come back with then they shouldnt be playing the game if they cant aford that extra to start I just want to counter with the sub is not that expensive and atleast for me brings way more hours of fun each week than for example netflix so if I was in a situation like that I would probbably still play wow but not have a netflix sub going).

So there are next to no actuall p2w games then acording to you good to know then I can from here on out completly disregard anything you ever say about this subject.

Didn’t meet any of those at all. Almost every boosted player I met was either returning or new to TBC and was glad to be able to start only a little behind current players (except for gold, etc).

The community gear you get with the boost is rubbish.

The only people who seem to be crying about the boost is the diehards (many are the same ones who cried over hvH, Horde queues, content release dates, running out of content, etc) who came over from Classic with a stack of gold and kitted out level 60 toon then stacked honour before TBC released.

They tried hard to make new or returning players feel completely unwelcome by /spit on anyone who even looked like a boosted toon and thought this was an affront to the ‘pure’ game.

You win nothing by boosting one toon on an account- it doesn’t give you an advantage over any existing player from Classic (apart from maybe a couple of alts who hadn’t reached 60 yet), it completely ignores valuable professions which any existing player would have maxed, gives you rubbish gear and doesn’t prepare you to play that class in TBC at all.

And if a player can’t afford a boost then they can easily level up normally and experience the game as many of us have.

Just because you consider the boost as P2w doesn’t make it so. And it being a cash grab or not has no bearing on whether it was p2w or not.

A clear example of P2w is something like crystals only available in the cash shop which boost your power or + your weapon.

levelling up a toon to below where this expansion starts isn’t, in my opinion, p2w. It might be in yours.

It’s very simple to prove that it truly is the intent: You can use the boost only once per account and it can’t be used on belf or draenei.

There sure are p2w games, but wow isn’t one of them. Nothing in the store gives you power other players can’t obtain by playing the game.

If you want to see what true p2w game looks like, check Seafight

1 Like

Obviously by your definition it’s not. By normal definition it is (being able to buy gold is enough to make it p2w). Retail is 100% p2w and classic is by extension of that also p2w. You just have to take extra steps.

I don’t doubt that there are worse p2w games but that’s irrelevant.

1 Like

Nothing in Classic is P2W, you can’t legally buy gold.

The boost has gold, yes, but it’s such a low amount you can get the same amount by selling a single stack of ore or herbs, or even a lucky item drop.

I think players don’t like it when someone skips the drudging they had to do called levelling to get to Outland. That’s all it is. Sour grapes.

They then say “Look! They are bringing the token to TBC EU”, That’s flimsier than the first little pig’s house.

1 Like

bro imagine trying to argue that paying for 58 levels by the swipe of a credit card is somehow NOT pay2win mechanic… honestly, not even worth my spit or salt.
i would say “go back to retail” but blizzard seems to be accommodating you ****wits in TBCC now as well, so even that wouldn’t work as intended.

again, “hOw DoEs Me BuYiNg A bOoSt EvEn AfFeCt YoUr GaMiNg ExPeRiEnCe?!”
dunces, all of you.

2 Likes

Thats all you can say because all arguments you people bring to the table are bad and have no value.

See how Dottie explained why he/she thinks you guys are mad?
And has an argument for the gold that is given?

You on the other hand add nothing of value and resort to typing like a 14year old kid on Social media.

1 Like

Thats all you can say because all arguments you people bring to the table are bad and have no value.

There’s nothing to bring to the table because there is no discussion to be had - boosts irreparably harmed the game and it is 100% pay2win. period.
you’d be a fool to level a character normally specifically because boosts are so powerful. you just need to put the clown nose on as you sit there after hours/days of playtime, still in the early lvl 50’s while someone pops out of thin air at lvl 58 and goes straight to outland because he swiped his credit card.

see the problem with the boost is that its so good that you’d be an idiot not to use it. but if it wasn’t in the game there’d have been no choice to make, you’d HAVE to level up normally so you wouldn’t sit there feeling stupid about it.

You on the other hand add nothing of value and resort to typing like a 14year old kid on Social media.

Yeah, check this other post i made for you on the same subject then. you sure had nothing to say when i made a complete essay on why you were wrong here.

keep brown nosing for Dottie though, i’m sure people find it respectable.

1 Like

That really isnt pay 2 win either tbh

explain how its not p2w, because you’re wrong.

1 Like

How? It is not pay to win, and before you say getting to 58 instantly with rubbish gear is not winning. How do they damage the game, I honestly cannot see it, most people give half truths and downright lies about how it damages the game. Usually around bots or making them play the way the complainers did, and the bots would be there anyway, boost or not.

They mean you don’t waste time and get straight into TBC. They are not powerful, it’s just levelling to get to outland is time consuming.

Guess what, I have a character at 53 and I don’t hate those who pay to get to Outland.

1 Like

How? It is not pay to win, and before you say getting to 58 instantly with rubbish gear is not winning. How do they damage the game, I honestly cannot see it, most people give half truths and downright lies about how it damages the game. Usually around bots or making them play the way the complainers did, and the bots would be there anyway, boost or not.

You’ve got to be trolling.
alright, if its not pay2win then why don’t we just stop beating around the bush and allow people to buy lvl 70 boost + full tier4 + 350/350 professions of their choice, and a full blue set of pvp gear, and a raid-quality weapon(s)?? after all, its just a catchup mechanic and it doesn’t harm the ga-oh damn why can’t i find any kara groups!!? :frowning:

Bots will be there boost or not, that’s true, but if you cannot see how they mathematically gain an advantage for their bot char by starting 58 levels higher than normal when they get banned once in a blue bloodmoon then you need to go back to school. if a bot had to start at level 1 and grind its way to 70 that’s hundreds of hours of mob grinding for the bot before it can start making any real gold. starting at lvl 58, they can either go straight into BRD and do the pickpocket autofarm or grind for a couple of days and be lvl 70 then start making gold.

They mean you don’t waste time and get straight into TBC. They are not powerful, it’s just levelling to get to outland is time consuming.

Duurrr ?? its suppose to be time consuming.

Guess what, I have a character at 53 and I don’t hate those who pay to get to Outland.

I Don’t care about your personal opinion, Dottie.

1 Like