The ultimate ragequit reasons - Classic

Were there several trials in order to make the results statistically significant?
If yes I do not know… playing with others makes it more fun and less time spend in downtime since you take less damage

It took forever on the open stress test as well when we did collect quests in five. The higher the level the worse it is on live. The drop rates are lower and it just takes forever.

But people are ofc free to group up and take the time if that’s what they prefer. We just found it quicker to not have more than two per party.

However, no, this testing was not done under lab conditions, just observational :laughing:

1 Like

The good thing with the drop rates in pre TBc at least is that the droprate is a trick to make leveling with questless mob grind less of a thing.
It was after TBC came out and 1-60 shortened that the droprates suddenly became a headache imho

Early on, spiders and bears, I had one spider drop left to get, when someone asked to group. Grouped and got my drop, then stayed and helped him, so we could run through the cave, much faster for him.

Solo he would have had to wait for single spawns outside or risk dying and taking even longer.

So it depends on what happens randomly. Of course it meant it took me twice as long, because I stayed to help, but it took him half the time. :wink:

That’s because Group Loot is fVcked in Classic and a big part of the quest items are lost.

It took me and my gf an extended Friday-Sunday weekend to reach 18 duo. It took me a day to reach the same level on an alt, doing the same quests.

Group Loot in Classic is fVcked and I’ll never stop repeating it until Blizzard finally confirms it, at which point I’ll start repeating “I told you so”.

1 Like

If you’re talking about the quest in Silverpine, we had to clear the mine around 3 times, including killing everything outside, in order to get it done.

1 Like

It is a shame that the game is more punishing teaming up. I am guessing the number of extra mobs you have to kill while questing is supposed to make up for it but I level faster without my levelling buddy than I do with him.

3 Likes

88 bears for 10 tongues. When I went to bed, I saw bears without tongues in my sleep. Was creepy dream.

5 Likes

They can fix this by setting the droprates to 100% and asking the player to get 150 paws.

I remember those tongueless bears from before the cataclysm.

After i had tried to kill bundle of yetis (with 3 alliances and 4 other hordes near cave trying to do same)after that for a rod, I just HSed to undercity and went to another zone. Sometimes you have to move on for the sake of your sanity.

1 Like

those bears must be corrupted by the old gods

Also note that those Cooking parts are often not soulbound and hence you can stock them for later characters, although there are some issues with that (I turned in the spider legs for the ‘crab’ cakes at 17 in Duskwood and now the 18 Wolf Kabob’ wont open up anymore it seems - which, given the minimum levels, is odd).

wow. im watching all the videos looool

Take a positive look on the situation. Legend says, one can become a fluent Mandarin speaker while getting those zhevra hooves in the Barrens.

2 Likes

Me doing quests for the sepulcher:

Go fetch shackles.

Run down the side of the fields to the sea. Kill gluttons and dark souls from there, where I can see if there’s a son of arugal, pull my mobs one at a time, pick flowers, fish for blackmouth and wreckage and get the chest from the wrecked ship. A short swim round the coast to the fisherman to sell trash and then back for more.

Chat in /1 hate son of arugal, need group for shackles, drop rates, bags. Forums “I quit!”

Some people are more suited for a chill classic experience than others lol.

Yep, the spiders in Silverpine, didn’t take long because only one of us needed the drops by then.

In westfall /1 chat, WTS goretusk livers. :wink:

Loving it. :grinning:

Zhevra hooves… unfindable…

2 Likes

Those are different quests with different drop rates.

The numbers given by the OP seem exaggerated

This is completely different from what I’ve experienced. Goretusk snouts just kept on dropping for me.

At the same time getting lightforge ingots from wetlands murlocs took me 1-2 hours.

Also don’t forget that it might feel like you killed a lot of enemies, whilst in truth you might not have. Do the collect quests when they’re green and mobs die quickly.
It will feel like the droprate has increased.

Spider. **