The ultimate ragequit reasons - Classic

I actually dropped a quest in Desolace today where you need to kill Nagas for some drop. After a good hour of killing Nagas (sea witches and tidehunters) I decided to drop the quest and move on.

My old mind and body can’t deal with the grind anymore.

But at least it took me till lvl 36 or so to be in this position!

and this is why you skip westafall and level up in Loch Modan / Darkshore :slight_smile:

Annother way blizzard could do to make classic drop rates more realistic is for the creatures killed to drop the realistic ammount of things you needed for the quest as openable objects named something like when killing a feathery bird and then use the quests plyers to slowly pluck out the feathers and have the drop like: “Handfull of grime covered feathers” and description “you dont know if these feathers are pristine, try cleaning it near any pool of water” and it will be like a 0.43% in 150 feathers to be the pristine quality you were looking for the quest. It would kind of keep the same grindy style, but it will also have it in a more logical sense.

Edit: (Edited my example in the plural form of wording the feathers)

Headless murlocs really get me also.

The headless horseloc?

Look at every quest as a pretext to grind some mobs. You will be less annoyed at the low drop rates. Mob grinding actuallly gets you decent EXP comparable to kill the same amount of mobs for a q. So as long as the quest item doesn’t drop, you can get more xp by killing the same mobs. It’s all good.

As a mage I can confirm most of your xp comes from killing mobs. I mostly aoe grind for xp and because I like doing it, but when I tire of it I go quest in my fav zones. Gold is not really a problem and I’ve looted 10+ blue items already.

They don’t need to make them realistic. They just need to make the drops dynamic (like it has been for years already) where the more you kill something, the more likely it becomes that you get the item.

Just like how Hearthstone has a pity tracker where if you have extremely bad luck with card packs you get a guaranteed Legendary on your X pack (which is basically the only way I’ve gotten Legendaries since beta).

Killing 50 mobs for a quest item that has a 10% drop chance is just not normal at all, and you can’t tell me “well, that’s just bad luck”. Like, holy mother of mozzarella, how bad does one’s luck have to be in order to be this bad, really??? Should I worry about crossing the street at my great-grandmother’s village or going out during mild rain?

Again, getting the items quicker won’t achieve too much. You will just complete the quest faster, get less exp, and if this happened to every quest, then you would run out of quests and simply had to grind mobs for exp anyway. There should be no changes to drop rates not only for the sake of keeping it original, but because it would destabilize the game in the way I wrote above.

1 Like

Ultimate ragequit for me as a rogue will be if they dont remove spy addon. I wont bother leveling something else and will quit forever most probably. as i have since WOTLK

1 Like

I’m currently skipping zones and abandoning loot quests that have become green to me before completion. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Just looked it up, so that’s what they’re using. I agree, it needs banning. There is a thread asking for it to be banned.

You get only 1 in 20 because you are inexperienced in gathering them, thus destroying the other 19 in the process.

But I’m not even hitting their feet … and I’m pretty sure that there are toes instead of hooves on them, that they’re only using shoes that looks like hooves. Sneaky zehvras

You’re one of the biggest liars I’ve ever seen lately who came to sh*t on vanilla because 50% of what you said are exaggerated.

What makes you think that anyone here wants to say goodbye to classic?

The funny thing, these are supposedly around 20-50%, it’s just bad luck.
Like my fishing session now, 1 to 25, I had equal number of catches and misses which is fairly terrible (100% at 25, 1% per point).

I had the same experience as OP in Redridge, funny enough once I turned in the quest after 90 minutes of grinding it, the 5% drop rate turned back to 100%, quite literally.

Why people complain about obvious things ?
Low drop rates force you to grind with a PURPOSE.
With fast drop rates u will cry bouta lack of quests due to low exp and would have to grind manually.

Layering (layer jumping), thus broken economy does.

Raid exp bug abuse does.

Yeah when I tend to grind out on mobs I swap to doing a dungeon quest run or something to freshen it up.

This made me think of that ancient vanilla wow comic page
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cd/7c/91/cd7c9198051c5e439fcfa388bbaf268e.jpg

2 Likes