When is Spy getting banned?

No it doesnt function as hunter awareness

You real salty bud.

1 Like

I think what you wrote speaks for itself.

No, I’m just following your logic. You don’t need unit frames - so delete them, just as you proposed to delete SPY.

1 Like

Addons are legit cancer to this game, idk how anyone in their right mind could have thought that it is good idea to allow them , it is not single player game.
Yes this addon is worse then hunter awareness as it has longer range so you can see targeted player way further.

5 Likes

Unit frames show me what the original unit frames show me. No one has 360 degree vision for 60 yards. Your argument is idiotic and you’re coming across as a facetious moron.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Actually it is not only reason why it is worse, it tracks all other trash around you too.
And I guess spy only shows enemy, when hunter shows both factions so you can’t know.

Let me guess, you play a Rogue?

No I do not play Rogue, I despise Rogues! :slight_smile:
But I do play Druid and it is not like it effects only Rogues, it effects everyone.

Sry, did I accidently replay to you? I wanted to reply to OP^^ Sorry :slight_smile:

The beauty part for us is that we already have the abilitiy this Addon gives build in our cat form^^

simple spammable macro
/tar ur nick
/cast Hunter’s mark

People count spy in every crap they do not understand.
Today my friend wasted additional moneys in a shop, i blame Spy addon.

1 Like

Really, this addon doesn’t even do anything that great. Sure, someone knows I’m lurking. Now what? I can be patient. Use up all your mana on arcane explosion. I’ll wait.

3 Likes

Spy is chill as heck, pretty confident it will stay

#nochanges

When we get increased vision range and nameplates

No it’s not even remotely close to hunter tracking.

1 Like

I don’t see what’s the fuss about this addon.
In fact as a rogue its more fun to pop stealth and see the mage start using arc explosion or blizz rank 1 to try find me!
It doesn’t do anything that is either ban able or game breaking. It use the existing combat text to provide information.
Enemy casting bars and mob health is more “exploit” than this addon.
DMB is even worse compare to spy!
As someone already mentioned , reduce the combat log to 30 meters (yes i use metric instead of stupid imperial) and problem is fixed even though 60 is not that far away.

1 Like

There are some abilities that can extend further than this. You’re asking for a combat log that will just ignore people who are currently shooting at you.

2 Likes

How exactly is highlighting stealth players an information already in the game. Isn’t stealth supposed to be the exact opposite of not being highlighted ?

It doesn’t highlight them in a meaningful way, just tells you that they cast stealth.

That’s already available through the combat log, which is where the addon gets its information. If you wanted, you could create a custom combat log that only reads enemy player buffs, and it’d give you the same ability.

3 Likes

Can u provide a screenshot with your combat log that shows how enemy rogue uses stealth in 40 yards ?

Another test: move to duskwood, turn your head up, open your combat log and be surprised how Spy addon detects all these players passively fly above with ZERO information in your combat log.

Your problem is - you just heard that spy uses combat log info and spread it across the forum. In fact this addon really uses some TECHNICAL combat log info, but most of dat info is not visible if you stare in standart white combat log yourself.

3 Likes

Ah, that lie again.
It can’t detect players flying over you unless you can track humanoids AND you happen to put your mouse on their spot on the minimap.