When is Spy getting banned?

I’ve grinded worgens in duskwood for 3 levels, and all i heard it s a BEEP BEEP BEEP 24/7 of horde people flying by. Yeah, tell me how it works.

Lol, In my combat log , I do not have information about people casting stealth near me :)))))…Do not know what enhance combat log you guys are using :))

1 Like

Yea this is factually inaccurate.

That being said I have no issue with the spy add-on, being able to add people to my kill-list who have wronged me is great.

Learn to configure your combat log then.
I have a filter for enemy actions.
No addon, stock UI.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be nice and tell you how this can happen…
If the enemy flying over happens to have a buff or aura that ends just at that moment, yes, he will be detected because it appears in the enemy actions combat log.

It’s not enabled by default.

Yeah well anyway, addons are stupid. I didn’t need them back in the days, and I do not need them now…

3 Likes

I main a rogue.
And i just walk in stealth when im in STV so they only get a warning when im already ontop of them ;p

Oh okay, I guess we should also ban every addon that allows enemy buffs to be tracked then, since that is basically equivalent to mages “detect magic”. :thinking::thinking:

And now that we are at it, we might as well get rid of enemy castbars too.

enemy castbars is not even remotely impactful as this.

3 Likes

I don’t think addons can track that, I tried KUI and Plater and none of those can do it.

It should certainly be possible to track short-term ones like paladin seals, because they’re being cast all the time. Longer-term ones might be harder, but the ones that you can’t just assume are up are fair game.

This debate again huh

Lols

It can only show information from your combat log. That means the enemy must do something to get an entry in your combat log.

The addon is fine and the kill on sight feature is super handy.

The addon is fine, it changed the game for better.

Now you have to think twice if you gonna gank people. They will add you to kill on sight list and repay it later. So you can no more gank without any consequences which is great. I actually don’t enjoy engaging random people I know nothing about, but I love killing guys that ganked me some time ago and deserve it…

Rogues might not like it, but they were already OP in world PVP so this addon can add a little balance.

It allows players to prepare for a possible gank, making fights more fair.

Overall, spy addon is the best thing that could possibly happen to this game.

1 Like

Good. I enjoy PvP. Not that you’d understand that, given your comments in other threads.

1 Like

It’s on the list of ‘ew disgusting why bother playing pvp at that point’ but not on the ‘bluzzurd ban this!!!1’ list

Then you also have to ban weakauras because you can easily make a stealth warning by just checking for stealth casts in combatlog.

On PvP servers, shouldn’t you always be aware of who and what’s around you anyway? I don’t see how this addon can help that much to warrant a ban, to what you should already be visually looking out for when going about your business in a PvP realm?

It alerts that someone went into stealth, or that someone from the opposing faction is nearby, ok… won’t that just make you paranoid? Maybe they’re just killing mobs? Questing nearby? Maybe they’re stealthing through a cave to get a quest item?
Sounds more annoying than helpful.

Wait until you’re using it in AV and it goes off constantly lol.

Currently, due to the limited API available in Classic compared to retail and Vanilla, the only informations about enemy players combat are passed through the combat logs. Same goes for ClassicCastbar. The other events, which were standards for reading such informations before Classic, are severely limited (for example, the event UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED does not fire for enemy units in Classic). So yea, if one addon manages to pull those informations, it’s taking them from the logs.

I was, too. But in reality there are literally plenty of filters that one may apply to combat logs, to avoid the flood which is already massive. The log can technically detect anything.

1 Like