WHERE IS BAN FOR EXP BUG ABUSERS? (Method, APES, randoms?)?

It’s not. You can do that in vanilla. Going out of your way to exploit bugs, however, is against the TOS.

4 Likes

If i do a 10 man now i dont get banned but if i did yeterday i do? Please explain the logic

Why would you do a 10 man dungeon? To gain exp? You won’t get any. Loot? You’d get more loot if you went as 5. Quests? You can’t complete quests in a raid group. Without the bug, there is no reason to do any dungeon that isn’t UBRS in a raid group.

Assuming people know this (which they obviously do), the only reason someone would do that is because they know of an exp bug to exploit. If they didn’t know, then that’s a fair argument. But let’s be honest, they did.

You shouldn’t get punished now because there is no bug to exploit.

4 Likes

Also, just for the record. I don’t think we should ban them. But they should have their exp rolled back.

1 Like

You are assuming people do though, i have plenty of examples of things that ive experienced in classic that arent as they were in vanilla but you can abuse today. For example today i looted a black lotus, asked for someone from world chat from an invite, all the mobs phased out and the lotus instantly respawned when its supposed to have a 1 hour cd…???

Do you have an official list somewhere of confirmed not a bug/bug so i can adapt my gameplay to it?

I am, yes. Banning would be unfair because those who really didn’t intend to exploit shouldn’t get punished. But they absolutely should not be rewarded for exploiting.

Your issue with layering is a good point. I have a real issue with people hopping across layers, and I think it should be against the rules, but it’s not; they’re allowed to do that because layer-hopping is not a bug.

Do you have an official list somewhere of confirmed not a bug/bug so i can adapt my gameplay to it?

No, but I can define bug for you so you will be able to tell:

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

If you’re unable to discern what is and isn’t a bug, then I’d suggest either doing some research on it or playing it safe and avoiding exploiting things which seem like they’re bugged. That way, you minimise your chances of “accidentally” exploiting the game and getting yourself punished.

1 Like

Fillerr content

We did notice that the xp was lower than in a 5 man and just assumed that that was it

Fair enough. If you really didn’t know, then I’m not advocating for your ban anyway. I’m unsure if the OP is, if they are then I disagree with them. However, the exp you gained from the raid group should be rolled back to the correct values.

2 Likes

Loads of examples of similar cases where people didnt get banned and didnt lose their advantage like for example that paladin that 1 shot doom lord kazzak with infinite reckoning stacks or that guy that got a legendary neck from molten core bugged loot table

Yeah. You have to judge it case-by-case. Reckoning initially (iirc) was never intended to have a cap. Therefore, reckbomb was not exploiting a bug. Although that’s debatable to an extent :slight_smile: You’d have to ask Blizzard whether they initially intended a cap or decided to add it later.

Talisman of Binding Shard is an interesting one. Personally I would’ve taken it away, but that’s not what happened. You should make decisions based not upon what you did in the past, but what you think the correct decision is right now. Sure it’s unfair, but unfairness in the past isn’t an excuse for unfairness now, is it?

1 Like

people here seem to be forgetting that the streamers who used the XP potion bug and exploited it were banned and were banned for longer then the regular players…

This isn’t a case of blizz not punishing streamers, this is a case off just not caring enough about classic to punish people

1 Like

I couldnt care less tbh.

1 Like

Weren’t they mad about the XP potion thing? Like actually mad?

Thank you for clearing that up Elkar

Yeah they were… Wanna know why? Because you can skip levelling for an actual price in Retail. Basically, they think they lost money. While here Blizz don’t care…

Ah well that makes more sense than what I thought, that they were mad people “skipped” the content

nope… Otherwise they would have banned/rolled back people who abused it here.

Its really annoying that blizzard decided to ignore this and just reveals they have very little care for enforcing the ToS for classic. They’ve rolled back characters in the past when a bug like this happened in retail. Why cant they do it here?

Big inconsistency.

It’s inconsistent for sure.

Personally don’t think anything should be done because blizzard were too slow but yeah it makes sense to punish