Why AV is ruined at the moment! Why alliance can't win!

It’s called anecdotal evidence for a reason. You saw that, but you’re just one drop in the ocean of players. And that ocean of all EU servers combined has a faction split close to equal.

3 Likes

your 110 Human Priest is in denial for some reason.

I suspect what but i ll leave it at that.

Well, he said he loves pvp but he was complaining about losing the ability to comfortably pve an UI boss while skipping all pvp. Sorry if that hurt your feelings too, I’m sure you also love pvp.

2 Likes

watch out what ure saying when Piolho is around, dont be to funny or original, he’ll take credit for it in another thread. bet even these lines are hijacked from somewhere else lol…

1 Like

If you split realms in pvp eu english the numbers of horde is pr. 10/2 42783, number of alliance is 32559 - this acc. to IronForge pro statistic. I m aware the sites doesnt show certain things if not recorded, but thats the official numbers from site.

That’s 43.2% alliance.
But as mentioned earlier in the other thread, that’s apparently a site that only uses warcraftlogs as a source, so it’s not indicative of actual population figures but rather just the raiders who logs their raids.
And you apparently decided to only use the PvP realms as a source, when a lot of Alliance “fled” with free migration to PvE servers during phase 2.

If you narrow down the parameters even more, then you have wild fluctuations from server to server. But it’s the overall that matters, because that’s indicative of the true faction split of players as a whole in EU.

Skipping pvp during premade times was hordes choice, no one stopped them from defending drek.
How would you call wsg then, player versus nothing bg :laughing: , taking flag with just one click is much faster than drek killing :slight_smile:

Theres no fixe needed in av. Its balance. Use mount and coutdown then go from SH to horde base and then from IB GY to alliance base. Horde side IS harder to play. The horde base IS totaly useless and very close to IB GY. To compensate we have better cave Spawn.

Lol there is, currently all horde has to do is sitting in IBGY to win. There is a reason why map was changed in bc, or was different before. This is a dumbed down farm version that is horribly unbalanced. There is no point queing it as alliance if you are ranking or just casually pvp’ing, only rep worth anything.

*Everything, even SH bunker is closer to horde spawning point than ally spawning point.

Edit: horde is visibly worse in warsong gulch (hence I have actual ques, pls que wsg), so these "one side is more skilled than the other argument doesn’t work. It might work if the winrate would be something like 35-65, but currently it is 2-98. That is clearly bad design.

1 Like

Hint - may be it has something to do with your and exclusively yours paladins may be?

1 Like

yeah, I also see that more horde priests than ally use the currently rather limited shadow spec. I know it has more to do with setup than skill (also, a million mages - they can be annoying, but most mages just blink in and arcane explode themselves)

Can pls someone explained me how can horde reach balinda or SH bunker faster then us, even we are 100% mounts? !!!this is like 50% win!!! Soory but this is big issue, Av is hordelike…

Cause their cave is more close to balinda and sh than our cave is

they should pull it back like on retail…if we want have same chance

Oh, yes, it is a win FOR YOU! If we go Balinda all alliance raid just slaughters us there… I 100% agree this needs fixing :).

maybe, but we should have same start position…if we want talk about balanced AV

If you wanna talk about a balanced AV, i am sure you will not like some of the things that need to be done.

Alterac Valley has never been balanced, nor does it need to be. It’s effectively a PvEvP zone. At least that is what is was meant to be. It has all sorts of asymmetric aspects to it regarding NPCs, graveyards, paths (chokepoints) etc.
And because it’s 40 randoms, it’s just a zerg rush. There’s not that much skill involved so why should it be balanced?

Warsong Gulch was designed as the main PVP battleground.
In my opinion the honor from Alterac Valley should be nerfed, so that it is no longer seen as the default BG.

1 Like

Best analysis to date. Well done. You forgot the easy alliance base backdoor and vann being a pushover, though

They find mistake that horde cave is too much forward and pull it back after vanilla… Thats why we were doing premades when AV start in classic. Because horde just catch us to early… Thats the fact… And now without premades we are stucking at SH… and horde site has clean run till first BOSS!!! (yeah they can cap early Snowfall too)