Why can't Horde win AV?

AV is full of snow, nothing special there.

FWIW, my memory was that Alliance always used to win the pure PvE “35 attack, maybe 5 try and interrupt flag caps” style games you tend to get. Whether this is because of “the bridge” or just because they can get to places slightly faster or Paladins are OP for PvE is beyond me. I suspect that Alliance used to be PvE specced and so very good at burning down bosses - which is why they won this, and then got creamed in say AB or WSG. (Although in those cases I feel its just the smaller faction will be represented by a higher proportion of premades.)

But really there isn’t any obvious reason why - beyond finishing ASAP - you have to fight that way. IMO horde should play in a more balanced way with more defenders - but this requires organisation and trust between the two groups. Which is unlikely to occur with 40 Randos. So instead its just the same old zerg, oh no, lost by 30 seconds again.

Yeah, alliance so weak, it needs 5 horded players 60 lvl to kill 1 alliance 48 lvl

1 Like

Blessing of Kings

Bruh… you have google. If so many people is saying the same thing, look into it yourself. use your brains man!

I have won probably around 4-5 out of 11-12 games.

When we rush the boss we lose, when we defend and mess up allies rush by retaking GY’s we seem to win.

The thing is, horde don’t want to win, most people want to kill all special chars for honor and then they are happy to just get in to a new game.

Tbh the design of this bg sucks.

1 Like

It’s well know since Vanilla that Alliance have a massive advantage due to the map design in Alterac Valley. But in reality, it doesn’t matter, you get enough honor by just killing adds and everything.

Actually the good thing is it’s spammable, with a 4mn queue, it will probably increase to a 6 to 8mn at some point when the hype is done, but it’s far from the “20mn+” queue that WPvP snowflakes told us ^^.

We thought the games would last longer, maybe 30mins +. Turns out the games are 10 mins. If you end up waiting 8 mins for a 10 min game, you end up spending more time in queue than if you spent 20 mins in queue for a 30 min game. So wpvp snowflakes were right

Crash is trash

It would’ve been a lot longer, but they merged ALL servers into it.

So PvE servers that are more alliance dominated are on it.

Yes, this is the difference really. The best way to play AV as Horde is to not even seriously try to win. Sure you rush but you do so by getting all the honor targets on the way. Winning is nice if it happens but it is entirely secondary.

I’ve been in AV runs where we lost as Horde and got 2800 bonus honor while Alliance received 600. This one comes down to the stupid BG design of this version of AV and it has nothing to do with skill differences between factions.

2 Likes

The best way to get honor as alliance is to win, kill all the lieutenants and make sure they dont assault any of your bunkers. And kill galv before balinda

From what I can see from streams that seems to be the case. They seem to do things based on how much time they have to still win. With enough premades that ends up being quite a lot. The problem is that only some pugs are able to pull that off while others win with less than 1k bonus honor.

3.5k honor in exactly 7mins (not counting hk)

horde wanna kill, not win.

1 Like

As night goes, horde does seem to be winning majority of now or then i got unlucky streak. All they need is even couple to defend and alliances rush slows down enough for them to lose.

Left a scar on you I see
Keep the river of tears flowing

Mi advise is: Join russian teams, they usually win because they defend ruining the alliance rush tactic.

1 Like

It’s not about not understanding I believe it has to do with honor per hour efficiency. Instead of prolonging fights horde gets more honor by doing rush games. Horde could stop zerg in mid but this would prolong the games.

I’m against this myself as people are more focused about ranking up than actual PvP.

I believe nerfing the amount of honor for a quick win would be the easiest solution for this kind of behaviour .
What annoys me more is that by doing this tactic of rush. We end up helping alliance rank faster too. This is the problem with the rank up system. You end up fighting your own faction for rankings instead of focusing on real faction Vs faction war.

1 Like

I’m a huge boxing fan and when a fighter spends his day doing nothing but punching a bag that offers no resistance, they often come undone when faced with a fairer and competent opponent.

The horde had no time to sharpen their skills as they were roaming around fighting 2-1, 20-1 in some cases. The alliance by all accounts, were almost always having to fight to survive and probably raised their game a touch too.

If your team can win the skirmishes in AV, you can win the day!