Why there is no WARNING at "Grim Tidings" Quest !?

Well, I have to say, I’ve opened a ticket as many other people and received a reply to…write about it on the forum. Eh…
Sad.
Tbh, I don’t understand why devs did it that way - this is so important to every Horde player, I believe, and I was indeed taken by surprise. As a LOT of old players, who did a LOT of quests for all those years, when I’m in the quests rush I just…click to take another one, and move on to do them.
And they are perfectly aware of this. So…why…?
I’m not going to support Saurfang. I’ve abandoned the quest from the troll kido, now I don’t care. Maybe this is just another example our Blizz is no more, maybe this is the way the new masters will proceed now. Or maybe not.
But still, what matters, this should have been resolved in a much more serious way in my opinion.

5 Likes

Antoher post to raise the resonance of the matter:

Please, if you are interested in fixing this choice, join your voice too! Just leave a reply and a like!

9 Likes

My words was quoted up there, so I won’t repeate myself here.
Although I have to tell you to check all of the topics, if you are interested in this case.
Follow, like, reply the topics of the cause.

Stick together!

Happy Holidays!

6 Likes

This is BS, how is this even a thing? I knew there was an issue in not getting a warning, but I figured there was some kind of clear choice to make. Not wanting to get spoilers I didn’t look it up, but WTF is getting half way through a quest chain before it pushes you into a choice that isn’t even a choice?

So you complete the tracking quest, troll shows up and says you’re going to find Surfang, seems simple enough as you assume you’ll locate him then report back to Sylvanas or slay him as the final boss of the quest chain.

This is awful quest design. It’s barely inferred that you’re making a choice and reading back over the quest dialogue, it’s intentionally misleading. By the time you figure out that the quest isn’t leading you where it logically should in a choice scenario, you’re locked in with no way of turning it around? That’s utter BS.

Quest abandoned and at this point, I really don’t care if I can’t pick it up again.

8 Likes

Exactly. I did the very same. Apparently this is acting on purpose, so we wouldn’t choose Sylvanas, or huge foozle. Anyway, it’s not good.

4 Likes

Another topic on the matter: I f*cked up with the Sylvanas quest

5 Likes

there should be no warning at all imho. because thats what you desired to choose :smiley:

if it is a scenario i dont get why they wont let us do it again to fix it if we desire too.

3 Likes

there is nothing to fix; its like life. whats done is done.

i think thats the real issue with wow. all those snowflakes who desire a 2nd chance. but it doesnt exist really :stuck_out_tongue:

you betrayed your warchief and do you really think she ll forgive that XD

This needs fixed! (and also an option to reverse your decision). Like many others, I DID NOT KNOW I was making a choice between two options, there was only one quest. Very unclear! Yes they put a speech bubble in at the bottom but they never go anywhere! Blizzard need to admit this is was a bad bit of game design and allow you to change, even if its a temp option while its fixed in the main quest line. A lot of people out there asking for it. P.S I dont care about the toy!

5 Likes

Enough with this whole “it’s like a real choice, you could read with more attention” crap.
This is not. Wow players have always lived upon “Accept-Decline” dichotomy. And not for one or two months, but for 14 years now.
You CAN’T pretend people suddenly know how to “choose” in this particular situation if you don’t put at least a little warning (that, just for you to know, DOES POP UP IN CASE YOU CHOOSE SYLVANAS, BUT NOT THE OPPOSITE).

6 Likes

the quest text was very clear what you are up too and even without that warning; that moment when you had too choose was also very clear and still you wanted to be the traitor to the queen.

i hope her wraith goes down on you!

In the MAKE “GRIM TIDINGS” QUEST REMAKEABLE! topic there was a smiliar thing about why do not we red the quest. It’s almost the same like that you wrote, “was very clear”. Maybe.
Maybe not.
If we speak about the lack of warning it was not clear. Let me explain.
You had lucky, you red all the quest. But not me. Maybe I was tired coz of work or just “annoyed” by my girlfriend, or did not focused.
And that’s the point. If Blizzard and the Game Masters say it is a key decision that will effect your gameplay in the future, that’s why this quest should be remakeable. → Only Once <–. Because our gameplay should not stand on a mistake.
It’s not a “I choose the staff not the ring” quest. This questline will effect your, mine and the other’s gameplay.
And that’s the point here, if this questline will effect our gameplay, if there is two choosing options, there should be a warning in BOTH side, Blizzard should have warning us to this will a KEY DECISION QUEST, one way or the other.

That’s what Blizzard missed.
Now if we support Sylvanas then simply let us do and make it ramakeable.

7 Likes

Same thing happened to me. Was confused, just went for the quest, got no warning whatsoever …please let us retake that choice! I only play that character as I dont have that much time, and I’m an undead fan since WCIII.

8 Likes

Just wanna point out that if you have an addon that auto accept quests and you dont turn it off before talking with Zekhan, then you will be forced into siding with Saurfang without even noticing there’s an option to side with Sylvanas.

9 Likes

Last words from Dark Ranger Lyana were that “you take no further action blah blah” I was like, aight. Then suddenly there is a quest some random troll giving me. I did accept and finished obviously, without knowing what for was it. When I saw the next quest to save Saurfang, was like, what the F that was NOT my decision. How the F I could have known that quest was for other option!!

Blizzard Devs F’ed up on this, badly! I’m deeply disappointed and I hope, I truly hope, if Blizzard cares at all for players, there will be fix ASAP for this where we can go for another choice!

9 Likes

Funnily ennough, I carefully read every quest log up until Zappy boi showed up, at which point I slightly lost interest as I’m not aboard the Zappy boi hype train. Sucks that it’s the most important moment I should’ve paid attention to >_>

I take responsibility for not reading the quest properly, but holy hell - IMPORTANT LIFE-CHANGING DECISION HERE warning please.

6 Likes

Stop the BS, Please. Everyone here demands to have CLEAR choose, If there is warning to side with Sylvanas, There should be the same warning when you wanna side with Saurfang.

We are not SHEEPS to let DEVELOPERS decides for us!

As a person who completed almost all quests in WoW (Only Horde Side), This is the first time I see DIALOGUE option is more than some information and it actually do something important!

EXACTLY THIS
Some of us have barely 1-2 hour to play wow per day and REALLY don’t have time for another character drama.
So trick us to side with someone we don’t like at all and tell us to choose differently with another alt is just stupid.
Maybe developers need to consider adults playing this game too and not all of them have time to level several alts!

3 Likes

When I click I’ll never betray my queen, I get warnings like oooh it’s a serious choice, if I pick the quest , nothing.
Furthermore, a dialogue option compared to a quest option is very different. If you tell me you click dialogue options before quests all the time, then you’re a very very rare breed.
You have many characters in the game with a text line and when you click it they tell you something, which might have you interested lore wise, or totally not.

4 Likes

One of Game-Master told me the following so please, Everyone do it. Maybe this method works.

Game-Master: I know how important the game is to you, its very important to me as well as a gamer, so please do get your voice heard by using the ingame suggestion tool.

@DEVELOPERS. The community demands a change and an answer! Step out and be responsible for what you did!

8 Likes