Defend Saurfang?

Idk, shoot me for being a loyal Sylvanas player, but to only have the option ‘I will’ at the Saurfang encounter, where you have to defend him, I was kinda gutted that there wasn;t a ‘I will not…now die’ option. I hope there’s further on in the game for me to make up for my forced blunder. #SylvanasForever.

7 Likes

On my horde alt, which too is a Blood Elf like yourself, I chose to help Saurfang. I simply am not liking where the horde is these days.

15 Likes

I told Zekhan I would not betray my Warchief. Some have complained that option was not obvious and ended up going to defend Saurfang.

I did make my hunter a traitor because I wanted the toy. Didn’t like doing it, but it’s only a game.

5 Likes

I never defend him. Since I liked him.

I’m go defend Sylvanas lol

1 Like

Defended Saurfang he represents why i play Horde.

Being a traitor to a horde that i despise seems good.

10 Likes

that attitude is why we’re playing warchief Roulette the horde has finally turn from the naive fantasy’s of the manchild known as Thrall back to its true roots disloyal dogs like your self is what is wrong with the horde

Agree. Someone pops out asks me to betray my queen and all he gets is a “Sorry mate”? I wish I could’ve replied with blood, traitor’s blood

3 Likes

you actually chose saurfang’s side by defending him.

It’s over now. you can’t go back anymore.

Apparently while taking the quest from that troll, you should have talked to him instead of taking the quest.

I even contacted the customer support to take back my quest and choose sylvanas instead, but they won’t change it.

So welcome to the unwilling Saurfang followers dude.

3 Likes

yea i realy dont understand that troll tho. You ask a forsaken warrior to their face if they are willing to betray Sylvanas. If i had the option i would have flattend them were they stood

4 Likes

Its a game ofc but the issue is that Lich queen is bad news simple. Following a leader blindly is a fool plot. I have covered Lich queen story and based many a theory but over all she a bad leader, kills her own people, uses the blight on the horde, she does not tell the truth and I carry on.

7 Likes

You had choice.

1 Like

Don’t you guys have a choice on whether to defend or fight Saurfang?

Seems to me you just clicked through text boxes without realizing what you were clicking on.
Which begs the question, why do you care what happens when you don’t read the story?

12 Likes

Wait, we had a choice?

I think they did this on purpose, why else wasn’t it made clear that we had a choice.

1 Like

we had a “CHOICE”.

Every single decision we made before was highlighted massively in order to reduce confusion.

And apparently making the first lore choice of players wasn’t IMPORTANT enough to be explained properly.

Here’s the GM response to me telling them at least next time, make it more apparent so we won’t accidentally choose a path we don’t want to take and be forced to stick to it: “Use another horde character to take the other quest”.

there was never a choice there was only for Warchief Windrunner death to Memefang and memeboi :wink:

Me orc me smash. Saurfag is true leader.
For the true horde!

4 Likes

Thank you all for your takes, I actually went back in the timeline with my other half, and we both found out where the choice happens. So our alts are gonna have to take the options our mains wanted…but Blizzard really effed that bit up, for folks who get to a point where someone asks you ‘will you defend me?’ I should have the option for a yes or no. Just to reimburse a decision or change it at a pinnacle moment. We went in thinking we may have had an encounter with Saurfang that benefited Sylvanas…now we know, there is a choice :confused: Thanks Blizzard for making it awkward…very awkward!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, the only thing that changes is your own personal story in your head. It’s not like the direction of the story is going to ultimately change because you picked the wrong option, and the quest isn’t a vote either. They probably have that whole storyline planned out already.

Personally I’d defend Saurfang just to get the toy even if he wasn’t my number 1 choice already. It’s a videogame, I don’t care about betraying pixels if it gives me more rewards.

2 Likes

maybe blizzard should had switched the options. the first should have been not to betray sylvanas and the second should have been the quest to side saurfang.

because seemingly those who follow someone blindly would not read further than the first option anyway… :grin:

6 Likes

Exactly, the natural progression of the quest should have you on Sylvanas side, because to some, like me, there being a choice between the two wasn’t made clear.

Which is why I said Blizzard did this on purpose because the natural progression of the quest automatically switches you to Saugfang side if you didn’t make a choice.