World PvP Killing Classic?

Well that is just wrong. When people dont have challenging PvE in classic you have only one second option to do. PvP will be the main (and in 90% of time the only one) reason why will people continuously play this game in future. If you think this will end, it is pretty naive . . .

He never said it will end, WPvP will never end on PvP servers now that Honor can be gained. But yes, as he stated there will be less raids and less groups going all over the world in order to gain some honor as it can get pretty tiresome especially with all the travel time.
Hopefully BG’s won’t be released for at least 3 months from now, so we won’t see any R14’s anytime soon either.

Pve>pvp and it’s the same in classic, retail and will be the same even in the next expac.

Stop trying to make it seems people could have know, we had 4 servers at launch.
The only reason things are this bad is because Blizzard screwed up the launch and server migrations. There is no excuse to defend this imbalance. PvP servers does not mean that you can ONLY do PvP and never has. I am looking forward to all the hordes cry on the length of the BG queues. Then i will refer to your post, that this was know and they should stop crying… Sure going to be fun.

Not much too add. Just cancelled my subscription. I wanted to go PVE this time but was convinced that we should all go PVP. My bad.

You should have known you were told

Here’s me tellin you all The inconvenient truth of world PvP & why to turn War Mode off and roll PvE in Classic

Here’s another

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pve-or-pvp-still-don-t-know/74751/10?u=jajwynfas-draenor

and another

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pve-or-pvp-still-don-t-know/74751/14?u=jajwynfas-draenor

Here’s one in video format

Everyone one of the ‘informed’ crowd knew this and we tried to help you but you wouldn’t listen. We are still trying to help you but you still won’t listen.

Stop lighting up the forums
No it won’t stop
No the game developers aren’t going to prevent the numbers issues

Heres what you need to do take it from someone more informed than you. Cut your losses and re-roll pve and or up vote this post

Is that clear?

To refer to your Horde Crying at BG queues.

I play PvE alliance outnumber horde so no crying for me!

To be honest, I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation for Alliance on a lot, it not all, of the PvP server if you think these descriptions comes even close to show the true status on these servers. They are not even close. I can only recommend that you try a PvP server, to see how it really is. The forum is filled with description so won’t bore you with more. I love PvP, love my PvP server, but this is extreme. Blame rest only on Blizzard, for screwing up the launch and the follow up server transfers. I don’t blame the Horde, if you have a 5:1 ration and try to get honor, camping flights in every 50 zone i basically your only choice. The end results most likely is that Alliance will migrate or reroll, leaving empty servers.

I think it is only fair the people highlight the current situation, even if it is an inconvenient truth. It is what the forums is for. Will Blizzard listen?,that is another story.

If you like PvP, you want to be on the outnumbered side, nothing more dull than riding around looking for someone to fight all day and when you find them, 3 others are jumping on them.

I am happy literally having PvP on my doorstep. As soon as phase 2 enabled, just /join WorldDefense and go find those hordies, utilise other players / guards / potions etc. whatever it takes. Plenty of solo kills or party of 2 kills as a lev 52/53 (against 60s to the person above accusing me of lowbie hunting). Lots to do in game, a reason to finish levelling. It is great to see Azeroth back alive and relevant unlike every point of the game since BGs came in. Where there is just a mass of players at battlemasters or LFG, in cities (shared and not).

Not every game is for everyone, it is clear in this thread a lot of the “players” just chose the wrong game, BFA has PvE, it has questing…if you want it harder, take your gear off, do Ironman etc. over there in your safe space.

No I won’t as I don’t want to be corpse and graveyard camped - I know this as I keep telling you.

Yes as I outlined in my post months before launch

I have a full-time job, no family but that’s practically irrelevant. I chose Normal realm because I knew I will be slow and unable to respond to PvP as much as it deserves.
You try to argue that you like PvP but don’t have much time. You know you can still PvP on normal, even PvE server, RP if you so desire, with the option to still lvl to 60 without constant rape.
Well, you crap on your head mate. And since you knew the kind of replies you will get, it makes your thread even more irrelevant because there is no other answer for you as for anyone else facing the same issue.
You overestimated your capabilities and now have to live up with the consequences.

2 Likes

Then we have consensus :slight_smile: (Well more or less) Still does not change the fact, that Blizzard needs to do something. I have waited many years for the Classic experience, gonna be pissed if it fails due to lag over oversight of a situation many had pointed out.

The easiest way to make a point is to cancel the subscription.

1 Like

@Septumius

There is only one solution it’s a PvE server. From someone that knows how this works QED.

Solutions like preventing one faction from logging in is not going to happen, it’s just unrelaisitc. I know you “think” this is a possible solution but I’m going to point out you thought you knew what would happen on a PvP server too.

This is what will happen over the next few months. The below only applies to PvP servers

1. There is a faction imbalance - usually favouring horde at least on EU Servers
  2. On any server one faction becomes dominate
  3. The under faction will light up the forums
  4. No real solution is going to be able to be implementedfrom a design persepctive
  5. Players will stop playing on the server on the under faction
  6. PvP Dies on the server

Like i keep telling all of you the only solution is the PvE server. I’m afraid anyone who is complaining and moreso didn’t know this was happened was lead to a PvP server by the “PvP is the real game crowd” - This exludes anyone who is happy on a PvP server as they knew what they were getting into and/or took steps to gat themselves on the winning side.

I am not saying they should prevent anyone from logging in? I don’t think that is a solution, but there are many others that can rectify this. People who complain wants to play on a PvP server, a PvE server will not satisfy them. They just want ballance, that is all. Which would benefit all. I know it is hard for horde players to understand the problem without facing them on there own server. But in the end, if blizzard do not work out a solution, classic will slowly die out. When BG’s arrive, there will be no Alliance to play against.

Once again i’ll refer you back to my post. There is PvP on PvE servers. What it does not have or does not cause problems is what you are complaining about. No flight path camping, no graveyard camping, yes the alliance out number the horde but only marginally so it’s not a problem. I don’t know how to keep explaining this. There is no way to force a faction balance and even if there was most of the active PvP would still be unbalanced as i’ve already mentioned in the below. Dude you need to let go, cut your losses and find another way.

Why not let ppl roll the way they want to? It’s OK to think PvP superior. But stop trolling. PvE is the only fun for me, but I’m not constantly telling you that PvP is just spank and gank for green boys.

On PvP servers there is WORLD PvP.

On PvE servers there’s no WORLD PvP, only BG (after it’s implemented.)
This means even if you roll on PvE you can still PvP and there is “world PvP” on PvE servers aswell if ppl feel like it!

Before Classic Launch everyone was talking about “if you want true Vanilla experience you must roll on a PvP server” ignoring the gankfest a PvP server holds for them, and now they cry and whine about it! :laughing:

No one cry about World PvP, they cry about the imbalanced servers. And the fact that the servers limits is way higher than the game world was ever design for. PvP in Classic has nothing to do with Vanilla. Basically Classic is not Classic anymore, but some abomination of a hybrid.

Well, you could just find obscure grinding spots out in the world with mobs about 2 levels lower than you and just farm them for levels. Theres plenty of grinding lists by levels that exist.
Other than that, a lot of us have been looking forward to p2 and didnt start late so while your opinion is valid you dont really have too many options besides suck it up and find a way to 60 until bgs arrive.

1 Like

It’s not going to stay like this forever, eventually people will get bored of world pvp and it will die down quite a bit. Next phase we’ll also have BGs, at which point there will be very little world pvp.