Worst moment

Hello Everyone.

I was reading a post from Zarao regarding, the rescue of Baine scenario.

When I came across this thought.
Worst moment.

When was that time in BfA that the game felt it stopped being “senseless” as it has been from MoP for me, to be outright disgusting ?

I mean something like this Garrosh moment:

2:23 to 2:35
Garrosh: “Disgusting is the only word I have to describe it.”

I have many, but here is a few examples.

1:15 to 1:20.

Another moment, happened today, when I was doing the Darkshore scenario in my other hunter had to kill Sira Moonwarden.
I had already forgotten how sickening that quest was in my Blood Elf paladin, from the other account.

They could had made her character, die during the fight, but they had to go that extra mile and make my character go through the option of killing her, without any other, option.

I guess the war campaign will remain untouched …

What was your worst moment in BfA ?

Cheers.

7 Likes

Watching when Baine returned Derek save to Jaina. Felt awful to know a racial leader of your team never rooted for your cause to begin with. He deserves nothing but death(since Cataclysm actually but this was just a cherry on the icing).

Another one would be Alliance scoring good victories left and right while Horde keeps being villain batted to no tomorrow. Like Brennedam. It was pointless in the long run but quest designers wanted push faction war somehwere(original alpha was Quilboars, not Horde). So yeah, those are my biggest down-moments.

4 Likes

Rastakhan’s death. But the Baine rescue is a close second.

5 Likes

Aside from the one you guys have referenced in one way or another, for me it was this moment:

The second they turned Saurfang from one of my favourite characters, into another pawn of Goldens weird fetish with Anduin’s perfection.
When the Orc Overlord had to be taught of honour and motivation by a teenage human boy.

PS: Because would lie if i said i didn’t expect Baine to disappoint. Specially after i knew Golden was at the helm of the writing team.

6 Likes

Watching how my favorite race have lost all their cities, all their lands, becoming dying race.
Watching all of this after fighting against the Horde there for 2 weeks. Watching all those innocent civilians with their children burn alive, because we have failed to save them.

This is the first and only time ever when one playable race and faction had a total clear defeat against second playable faction.

7 Likes

The Burning of Teldrassil was pretty much the moment where I started getting disgusted by the writing. I don’t think that genocide should be tossed around like that, even though it’s only fiction. I don’t really want to go in-depth, but it also changed the lore discussions on the forums - we went from people defending the War of the Thorns (something I don’t agree with, but can tolerate and understand) to the same people defending genocide. And yes, I blame Blizzard for this partially as well, as they sparked these morally twisted discussions I never hoped to see on these forums.

14 Likes

The entire War of the Thorns on both my Alliance and Horde alts felt pretty bad. As Haiete already wrote, it sparked a lot of discussions on the forum where people tried to defend genocide, and it was downright disturbing.

Both the Old Soldier cinematic (the scene where Sylvanas watches the tree burn with dying elves screaming in the background.) and the Sylvanas Warbringer was just… No. That’s when my interest in both the game and lore fell downhill.

11 Likes

These 3. I marked the time at each killing moment.

1 and 2 pretty much killed my faction pride, number 3 is sickening to me personally, I can barely watch that scene.

10 Likes

Seing that my favorite race is used as punching bag again, not to givve them spotlight, no, it’s to show more sad humans & orcs!

6 Likes

Seeing all those TV adverts about “faction pride” and choice matters before being thrown into MoP 2.0 where there is neither faction pride (Unless you are an edgelord) nor choice.

BFA was a detestable, money grabbing to nostalgia expansion before it was even fully released.

12 Likes

Yikes, I had completely forgotten about Jaina’s entrance.

2 Likes

I main forsaken so it’s not really too hard to be a Sylvanas-loyalist with that character. I just went through the campaign in my role of forsaken and simply didn’t care so much.
I completely abandoned the faction campaign when in Nazjatar we were forced to work with alliance.
No.

4 Likes

I can feel you my friend.

The worst for me was technically before BfA, but since it is one of its big features I’ll still count it:
The Void Elf introduction. They were bad enough when I thought they would be Alleria’s High Elves, or something… but Blood Elf losers who willfully threw themselves into the void and would have rightfully perished without your intervention? That’s so bad, I’m disgusted. Nothing that happened in BfA surpassed that for me.

“Who knew the Forsaken would use Blight?!” and “We can’t press our advantage now, else we’d be as bad as Sylvanas!” were pretty high up, too…

5 Likes

Being told by Lor’themar to save Baine and having no choice to tell him to bugger off. That was the moment I gave up on the Horde entirely.

Watching him kowtow to Jaina again was also terrible. That PoS needs to be killed for the sake of the Sin’dorei.

3 Likes

Teldrassil and the latter reactions (or lack thereof) from the Horde leaders.

5 Likes

Vol’Jin’s death. Because it trashed entire MoP story conclusion, and thrown us into the arms of another leader that never cared about the Horde to begin with. I sensed villainbatting the moment it was made clear Sylvanas is next. and ultimately turned Horde to hopeless joke faction with constant leadership and “soul searching” crisis. Now ultimately this faction serves noone’s interest.

Vol’Jin didn’t had friends on Alliance side to hold him back, and he was perfect guy to call out on Jaina’s BS. While vicious he wouldn’t go overboard and he actually cared for Horde as a whole.

With Vol’Jin they’d have to actually had to come up with morally grey story.

10 Likes

This was also one of the earliest points to realize where they were taking this. They had to get rid of Vol’jin because he wouldn’t have taken any of Sylvanas’ bull#$%&.
From that point onwards it became clear that there was sone grand narrative that required her to be in charge. All throughout BfA everyone else has been forced to play second fiddle in order for these plans of hers to go through, presumably to lead us into an upcoming expansion.

1 Like

Not really, they would just bend Vol;jin to the current story like they have done with any character who would be against this.

The story they wanted to tell would remain the same.

2 Likes

They had to make entire faction act like inept pawns. Majority of Horde disapprove Forsaken warfare, and it was made clear since friggin vanilla. The moment Sylvanas gave order Saurfang shoul’ve take his Axe and chop off her head, he warned Garrosh himself that if he will take Horde into a dark path he will personally end his life. He was also mourning Nazgrim that he didn’t backed down and that his loyalty out of honor was foolish. Here Sylvanas was standing few steps away from him and about to do a thing that he swore to prevent at any cost, he did absolutely nothing. He trurned from one of the most respectable orcs to inept Sadfang.

There is not even once Horde point of view shown, and Horde interest. There is either Sylvanas “end-game” or constant lecturing from Alliance side.
In vanilla there is no such a thing.

Horde had it’s own interests and they were eliminating on their own organisations that could’ve been related to them (burning blade) to not provoke any escalation while at the same time not tolerating Alliance agressions.

Now I just don’t see any purpose for this faction, I don’t see how it can serve it’s members. The entire reason why it was formed to begin with was erased.

Eh I guess you’re right. That was also a possibility.

10 Likes