Worst moment

He said “Worst moment in BfA”… just saying… since I know in this forum people are very strict when it comes to made-up rules, as the “Chad” thread proves.

BfA moment:

First 20 seconds. Anduin is wise beyond his years, he would have realized that they needed to have a counter strategy for the Blight.

Non-BfA moment:

So after Southshore, Hillsbrad, Andorhal, Ambermill, Gilneas, Theramore, Ashenvale, and after his son was literally crushed, he just leaves without leaving any actual impact in Orgrimmar (like a garrison or an embassy to keep the new warchief under control – and not only that, we literally give them territory later on, we give them Azshara!). So much for a “fistbump moment”. The Alliance being the sole superpower left on Azeroth also amounted to nothing, because 10 minutes later Varian died, and he is the one who kept the Alliance in a dominant position.

The only time I disagreed with Varian. The only time when Varian was extremely dumbed down because of Horde plot armor. Also, Jaina was 100% right in this scene. Hilarious in retrospect.

See the common denominator? Blizzard doesn’t know how to write the Wrynns. They are too smart for the plot they want to tell.

1 Like

War of Thorns.
Battle for Lordearon.
Night Elf Elune Super Saiyan Powers now with extra cool black eyes for all you radical kids out there!
Undead Night Elves who fight for Sylvanas because Cough THE PLOT DEMANDS IT! Cough they are sad or something…

5 Likes

Unpopular opinion of mine, is that I actually like the storyline regarding Sylvanas war and the old gods. But there are a few hiccups in the lore that I don’t like.

• When Blizzard raised our expectations of a morally-grey reasoning why Teldrassil was burning and when Sylvanas was the culprint; finally realizing that my favorite character most likely will end up as a raid boss.
  • The whole Zandalar campaign in all three zones, Alliance had far superior storylines in Kul’Tiras. Furthermore, Kul’Tiras main campaign actually ties in with the ongoing war with Horde-invasions in Stormsong Valley for example.
  • As a Sylvanas supporter, being told to play along with the traitors of the Horde and kill her own forces. When I choose a side, I wanted to see a separate route, with different characters, different dialogues and different encounters that eventually lead up to the same cinematic conclusion.
  • Mechagon, so you’re telling me that the naval-defined kingdom of Kul’Tiras hasn’t mapped a gigantic metal-island northwest of the coast?
    I could understand that the city was undetected if Mechagon had been underground and the enterence was hidden deep inside a cave in a remote area.
2 Likes

Jaina suddenly having another character flip and sympathizing with the Horde again after BoD. Any hope that I still had for that character (and the Alliance as a whole) was gone after that.

3 Likes

omg I totally forgot about that ! I agree 100%, when we start loving Jaina again they go ahead unleash her mood swings ! make up your mind Jaina !!!

2 Likes

Odd I had nore enjoyment in Zandalar even if I am quite critical for it from meta point of view. - for asspull blood trolls instead of more of Zandalari lore to explore. For shoving in the titans there and for making out of Zul old god pawn instead of being as he was introduced.

Only Drustvar on KT had a gripping story but the rest was pretty meh imo - especially Stormsong was dull.

If it was up to me I would write it in completely different way.

3 Likes

I actually had more fun in Zandalar myself. All 3 zones were fun to me.

In Kul Tiras, I only enjoyed Drustvar and the Old God part of Stormsong.

3 Likes

Do I need to pull up my post from one or two weeks ago again, where I explained in a long way why the Burning of Teldrassil destroyed nearly 20 years of world building?

The entire plot of BfA only works, because it’s the plot. Characters act completely out of character because the plot demands it from them, as it would otherwise not work. The idiot ball is thrown around like a volleyball in order to make room for ‘cool’ moments and cheap shock value.

You know it wouldn’t actually be so bad if Blizzard would stop trying to sell us their story as some sort of deep and complicated piece of writing with stuff like “writing dojos”.

5 Likes

War or Thorns.

Also, void elves. As if DKs and DHs weren’t edgy enough…

5 Likes

It’s not genocide.

That’s like saying that the German people were “genocided” because “Berlin burned down”.

Give me a break.

Does the majority of German people live in Berlin? Rhetorical question, but the answer is no. The majority of night elven population did indeed live in Teldrassil.

7 Likes

No they didn’t.

Allow me to explain this to you.

Teldrassil didn’t exist in WC3. It existed in vanilla, which is 4 years after the events of WC3.

That means Teldrassil was created and grown within those 4 years, the city Darnassus was built on it within those 4 years, apparently elevated to “their capital” status, and their language was redubbed to “Darnassian” for some reason.

Even ignoring that load of bullocks, you would now have us believe that the night elves, a traditionalist race that has lived in their forests for thousands of years all over Kalimdor, never changing, would suddenly have 90% of them decide to pack their things and massively migrate towards Darnassus, within the span of a mere 15 years, so that we can genuinely say they were “genocided”.

I don’t recall ANY single hint that such a mass migration occurred. You would think 90% of the German people migrating to Berlin would be a monumental event worth mentioning, let alone the logistical nightmare it would be.

Allow me to explain this to you. If a novella written by Blizzard states something, your headcanon is not superior.

Teldrassil can be two days old, if Blizzard states that the majority of night elves lived there, they lived there.

If you disagree, you can go write your own fan-fiction, but as far as canon goes, your theories are not prevalent over what the creators of the game state.

5 Likes

Yeah, sorry, that might work for you, but I have a functioning brain, so no. It doesn’t fly.

You have a functioning brain which believes your own theories are superior over in-game lore? That certainly is an interesting way of… functioning.

According to my own headcanon, night elves have wings, so they all escaped Teldrassil.

5 Likes

I find it funny you take issue with me making up “fan fiction” when you are actively defending writing that is leagues more retarded than fan fiction.

Oh, I am most certainly not defending it. I have critiqued it on every front since BFA started. But the fact that this lore sucks doesn’t mean that someone like you can come in, and write fan fiction, which shall be accepted as fact, so help us God.

Failing to heed your divine teaching is also the sign of a lack of a functioning brain, exalted one.

I am still not over no gas-masks at the Undercity, shall I say how the Alliance had them and won a crushing victory?

4 Likes

I am not “making up fan fiction”. I am pointing out an impossibility that explains why what they wrote is flat-out WRONG and impossible.

Pointing out plotholes, so to speak.

If Blizzard states it, its how it is.

You can point it out as much as you want, but you can not ignore established lore.

3 Likes

Yeah I will.

Especially since Blizzard does it too.