Worth starting in ERA?

I have been playing Wotlk and want to get back into ERA again, however, i do not want to do HC.

Is it worth it? like right now, with the new announcement, if so, any recommendations for a horde realm?

1 Like

Horde is a no-brainer: join any of the full PVP servers (the Firemaw cluster).

The PvE cluster is medium populated, but in reality it is 75% alliance versus 25% horde.

And no, it is not to late to start Era.

5 Likes

I’m on PvE cluster as minority Horde and it works but its way from wellfare or crowded.

Note that there will be a new custom season this year.

2 Likes

As mentioned Firemaw is a great setup if you want PvP. It is about 60/40 in favour of the Alliance but both factions very active. Definately plenty of players to group up with.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys and the honesty, really appreciate it! :heart_hands:

We get transfers from Firemaw and it looks like it’s just plaing gankfest where lowbies are chased by Naxx geared ret palas… :wink:

1 Like

Definately mate there is plenty of ganking on both sides. Thats the risk you accept though when playing on any PvP realm.

Totally, i like my PVP at times, but ERA is hard enough without a 60 ambushing ya

Hello @Janoc i hope that this message finds you well and still eager to join the ERA community.
I’m new to Era myself or to Vanilla for that matter.
You mentioned that you don’t want to play hardcore, you don’t have to, anyone that’s playing hardcore to this day does it by means of an addon that places those who wish under hardcore rules, but you play ERA without any issues and soon the hardcore community will have official hardcore servers for them.

As for Horde realm that you should pick well i can’t be biased on this, i think you should join Zandalar Tribe, we are trying to get it up and running again, it’s a RP-PvP server, now you aren’t forced into RP obviously and PvP dues to the server not having like 10K+ players the PvP can obviously happen but i think to this point is kind of rare.
To give you an idea one or two weeks ago there was like 3 to 6 people online, last night we were 20 on the Horde side, i don’t know the numbers for Alliance but we have a server discord and I can tell you that it is growing as well, the server as a whole is growing, slowly but surely.

Now it depends on what you like to do and the kind of leveling experience you wish to have, me as a new player to Era i should be playing on a server like Firemaw right with a huge population and the advantages that i would get out of that but i picked a RP-PvP server, i head stories of Zandalar before and that sadly fell during TBC, so i thought that i would help these people to try to bring the server up to it’s feet. Oh and don’t forget, while Firemaw is a server with huge numbers and as a PvP realm there’s a huge chance that while questing you will compete a lot for mobs with other players and also the chances of being ganked by several people at the same time is big not to count the times you would get killed by players way above your level.

Zandalar Tribe is PvP realm as well, yes it is but I’m sure that your experience will be much more enjoyable and the community here, I’m Horde as well, would be happy to have you with us and help you out in any way possible.
We have activities going on, lately we are focused on completing dungeons as a full group.
Join the Vanilla Classic Era discord, maybe you are there already, and ask for a link to the Zandalar Tribe discord if you are interested, or you can message me, my name in that discord is Splat so throw me a message and we will sort you out.

4 Likes

Previously people would play on a monofaction PvP realm not to mention that on launch everyone was on similar power level.

Now you cant roll on a monofaction one and the myth that PvP realm is somewhat better than PvE vanishes away, especially when people roll PvP realm for PvE content and only ocassional PvP they always want to win…

3 Likes

Thanks very much for all the information, really appreciate it, I will come and try Zanda (once i pick a class) :stuck_out_tongue:

Couldn´t find the discords, but I am a little useless with them lol

Currently leveling a PvP Pala on FM and a HC Pala on HW era (both nearly 30) and having a blast on both. Population is popping and plenty looking for dungeons. Definitely worth starting!

Let me try to sort you out. Please be patient, I’m going to try and see what i can do.
@Janoc the best way we can pass the discords to you is for you to join the server even if it is with a temporary character and you can whisper someone that’s from the guild Servers Last Hope on the Horde side ok? Or try this discord.gg/ and attached to it Vh5Wyjay8G

Just whisper any of us and we will DM you the links.

I get that ppl want filled server but for me it has more downsides than good things. Firemaw is filled with fully geared ppl, chat is spammed with GDKP and there is 0 sense of community. Its like retail with vanilla skin and feels nothing like Vanilla in 2004-2006.

1 Like

Same with late Classic on any mega realm. At least medium Pyrewood doesnt have this now.

2 Likes

Yes and its ironic that people keep chasing that 2004-2006 dream by asking for a fresh realm when its going to be the same or possibly even worse.

You want 2004-2006 feeling then join low or max med pop realm because they are populated by ppl that dont have retail mentality but rather ppl that enjoy the game.

2 Likes

That’s not retail mentality, that’s how every game is played now. On retail paradoxically you can stick to LFR, world quests and be super fine.

I guess it depends what you pay mind to. I’m not fussed that people are ahead, unless you can play 24/7 you are behind on fresh anyway. As for GDKP I don’t go in those circles nor care about them, I’m playing and playing with other players who are playing.

Focus on yourself not everything around you, that is my ethos.

Focus on yourself IS the retail mentality. Community is what made WoW great back in the day not focusing on yourself. On big servers ppl only care about themselves thats why some specs are never welcome in raids even though they are perfectly viable just not the best, gotta save that 10 min during raid cause its not fun for them to do it so they can finally log off for the day.

Go run a dungeon on Firemaw and chances are you are likely to never see or remember any of those ppl.

And last but not least most ppl on servers like that consider gear chase to be most fun similar how retail players think, they dont appreciate all the fun moments they had with others along the way.

Its possible i misunderstood what you tried to say, if thats the case forgive me.

4 Likes

Dont join this scum!!! He will murder you in your sleep. Instead join the Alliance on ZT today. We have, well an AH with an item on it. We have the most beautiful city on Azeroth in Stormwind City and we have the colour blue. What more could you want???

Wow my RP really needs improving.

5 Likes