WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 19

So I have to pay because Blizzard won’t leave things as they should?

Does this effect PVP Ranking?

If on 19th may i’m in the same PVP pool as 10 realms including my own and competing to get standing with these 10 realms and their high ranked players, i’m done with this garbage game. This is a terrible change no one asked for it it’s stupid.

Pyrewood has been high pop from the start, and most people want that. If you were on Nethergarde I might understand, but a Pyrewood Alliance? Come on.

That’s why I was glad for ppl going away for tbc, I would have had not so many others around fighting for farming.

1 Like

Ranking in late p6

1 Like

I know, phase 3 ranking was so much better where most of the people who attempted it were drugged up to stay awake days at a time and account trading to do it, what a loser.

Just create fresh new servers damn it! What’s wrong with you people? Connected realms are retail garbage and should stay on retail.

3 Likes

Anyone understands, why not merging those servers? It would be nice to have high population Classic Era servers.
Or I just don’t understand how the connected servers work?

And we need fresh server/s.

Because Blizzard has the politics of using connected realms to merge realms so they can pretend that they still have the same number of realms as back in the peek in WOTLK, even if the actual number of realms is probably 1/3 or 1/4 today that back them.

Connected realm is exactly merged realms but in the realm list they keep an entry per every original realm that just point to the connected realm, and the problem of duplicated names is solved by showing in character names the name of the original name the character was for.

For example in thise topic Blizzard talk about connecting 21 realm into 3 connected realm. That means after May 19 there will be just 3 realms instead of 21, but there will be 21 entries in the realm selection screen with multiple entries pointing to the same realm, wich will filter the characters based on the original realm of the character.

I dont like this at all.

My concerns are:

1. respwns

We all know, some realms have streamer communities, bot armies or mafias. It was easy to stay away of those, by just not picking their realms. We on Hydraxian Waterlords, had the luxury of never being plagued by those people and it was one of the reasons I kept playing there.
In future, we will all be fighting for the same things, be it world bosses, herbs, rare monsters or world events.
Especially world bosses with respawns of multiple days will become a big deal, if you are connected to a streamer realm or one with a hardcore guild. They will snipe each single world boss and everyone else will not get anything done anymore.
We can no longer escape this, as each realm we choose, will have that same streamer guild now.

This will cause havoc and a very unhealthy environment. For the first time in years, I could actually herb something or fish in a pool again, this is now in jeapordy.

1. AH

We all know from retail, how terrible connected AHs are. It takes one dude with a sniping addon, one dude with a bot and the whole AH is dead. Again, on HW we had a decent community, no hardcore undercutting, no big sniping of things that might not be at their correct price. It was a trip in the past, with good and friendly people.

1. Community

Not all realms had them, but some did. Community events. Was it a hang over in the tavern or an exploration trip to the wetlands. You made friends and you valued those friendships as they were spare.
Sometimes I did not meet a single player for over an hour, then I did and we grouped up. Those things just wont happen on xrealm, as everyone will simply put have so many options now, that you might group for a quest, but then immediately drop out again to look for a bigger and faster companion.

1. tag system

Classic does not offer a shared tag system. By connecting realms, the number of players fighting for rares and quest mobs will increase by a lot. Due the nature of not having a community, it is very likely that this will make leveling a burden, it only takes two people from a connected realm not inviting others to ruin the quest experiencne for others by just tagging mobs all the time.

Overall, i do not like this at all.

I am glad HW is not on the list, if that realm remains by itself, then this will be the only true classic realm and I might continue, but I am very worried about the other realms of mine.

2 Likes

@Jadzía: Very minor correction to this. Those connections will reduce the over all number of English realms from 23 to 5 as the RP realm Hydraxian Waterlords and RP-PvP realm Zandalar Tribe will continue as singles.

@Márcus: Respawn question will depend heavily on how many people actually remain on the Classic era realms once the dust settles.

As far AHs are concerned, unless I have misunderstood or entirely missed a specific statement, there will still be a horde AHs, neutral AHs and alliance AHs. They will just be used by multiple sub-realms.

Community… Connecting actually does not mean that CRZ will be used in the manner retail functions. Sure, at the start the old communities will mix, but in ideal case the end result will be a new multi realm-background community on each of the three realms.

Tag system is a question that I have not pondered much, but if the changes work out as I think, tagging should behave pretty much the same it functions today.

On your last note, there will be a handful of single realms spread over a couple of languages so the actual number is a bit higher than one.

Don’t know much about p3 ranking since I finished ranking 1 week into p3

I do know that most gen 1 rankers on my server never account shared or used any drugs to stay awake though

I was only talking about the realms mentioned in this topic by Blizzard because I wasn’t sure of the exact number of current existing English realms. I should have clarified I wasn’t talking about total Classic realms because those that won’t be connected will remain and Blizzard didn’t include them it the OP list.

1 Like

@Jadzía: No worries, I just wanted to make sure some people do not draw wrong sort of conclusions, because I have seen some fairly odd deductions in other places. hugs

Where russian servers? We have 3/5 dead servers in region. People was quit game because did’t want play on server with low population without activity.

Good news to me, thanks a lot.

Please Blizzard !

2 Likes

Please connect PVE-Razorfen to Everlook and Lakeshire. Did you just forget about that one? English EU PVE-servers got connected and you just leave one of the German ones by itself? This soesn’t make any sense at all. And while you are at it, just throw RP-PVE-Celebras in there, too.

They were all junkies mate, junkie losers accont sharing and abusing the game, you’re likely one of them too you troll trash.

Just because someone can do something you can’t doesn’t mean they’re doing something against the rules