WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]

What streamers are gonna play on EU tho?

Quite a lot, but none too major. Like Frostadamus may be the biggest, and heā€™s not as big as asmongold (but he also thinks on playing NA servers with other sreamers/youtubers, good luck to him with ping in that case)

Everyone was like: ā€œDamn, maaan it sounds so cool, we have another suggestion: Mirage Raceway. Can you pass the joint please, you hold it for too long?ā€

P.S. also canā€™t define the worst, wether itā€™s"Pyrewood Village" or still ā€œHydraxian Waterlordsā€

Qb, Mx, En :+1:t2:

People seriously who the heck cares about the name of the realm?

Also why did u think youā€™d be getting more realms? Blizzard is thinking long term, we wonā€™t need more realms and they will open up additional ones if thereā€™s demand.

3 Likes

@All: After action report:

1 high
3 medium
8 low

In other words, still plenty of space left.

Itā€™s misscalculation. We saw a queue of ppl who logged in for a few minutes, just to reserve a nickname, we saw a queue of ppl who paid and logged in JUST to reserve a nickname. Real population of realm you can multiply by xx

3 Likes

I have this fishy feeling about these populations. Iā€™d like to see an official number of accounts that logged onto a server to create a name. Itā€™s most likely way overpopulated.

how much ppl on retail just go in to keep a name and is not interested in classicā€¦?

shaazrah is high, golemagg medium the rest low.
but ye, we need more servers. :man_facepalming:

I thought these indicate how many people are online at that time, not total amount of characters. Also, do we know the ranges for these values? How many characters is needed for a realm to be medium or high?

Also, people are reporting over 10K queues when tried to log into a name reservation, I take that means PvP servers and yet, the other PvP server is only ā€˜mediumā€™

1 Like

For some reason people donā€™t want to PvP on RP-PvP serversā€¦
I would gladly play on RP server to get shorter queues

i think the biggest misconception of blizzard is to assume that those people who logged in last night are the people that will stop playing before phase 2 when layering is supposed to drop off.

You donā€™t stay up on a weekday till 12 and then try to log in continuously for an hour or longer to get your name, just so you donā€™t play the character. You donā€™t reactivate your account to reserve a name, just so you donā€™t play the character. Sure there will be some attrition due to irl circumstances, but its safe to bet that 2 or max 3 layers is the maximum you should have gone for for the pre-registration part.

The real influx of people that are going to determine the server based on launch date, the casuals and the people unwilling to pay for name reservation only, the people that havenā€™t had replies yet from there friends on which server they want to play are going to increase the number of to a degree that is most likely going to be so high that lasts nights pre registration would only be a fraction of.

9 Likes

So Shazzrah had 10-12k queues for over 30 minutes and yet, itā€™s not even Very High pop? There must be at least 40k people on this realm.

Bearing in mind vanilla had 2.5k pop cap so the server would have been full within 5 minutes.

I donā€™t think ā€˜Highā€™ as an indicator really means anything to us (the players) - as we have no idea what the pop caps on the servers actually are.

1 Like

I think Blizzard counts on a 100k+ populated server because there are just 2 pvp servers for EU, so both Shazz and Golemagg can have up to 100k+ players

1 Like

Sounds likeā€¦not good start for Classic :slightly_frowning_face:

its not about after action that countsā€¦ Itā€™s like reporting after everyone is 60. The bottle throttling is the problemā€¦

Or donā€™t be lazy and learn english as every other nation in EU had toā€¦ only french, german and russian people feel entitled to have their own localizations. It can do you good to learn english well (I did thanks to WoW 10 years ago).

2 Likes

This. everyone i know coming back simply said ā€˜im not resubbing 2 weeks early for a name lolā€™. Id say only 5-10% of players have subbed already. Blizz are in for a big shock and alot more realms will need to be made to avoid 50k queues 24/7.

1 Like

50k pp queues, 2 hour waiting times random D/C and then back into the queue and 22k of pp in the start zoneā€™s fighting over boars and wolves omg its just like the old days its gonna be so much fun :rofl:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure these days servers can handle more then 2.5k online. Also I think that each layer can run on different physical server. So for example with 5 layers they could handle even 25k players online on one game server.