WoW Classic Season of Mastery Coming Soon

I’m sure this announcement has nothing to do with the recent release of another big MMORPG.

LOL at the people saying they wont play because of world buffs absolute losers.

2 Likes

No, it just pissed off people, including most of the ones who were using them. It ruined coontent, it made bosses a joke, it made people cranky about any sort of errors that made people die and “LOSE MY BUFFS !”, it distorted parse and made people obsessed of “optimizing” the time spend in-game to not “waste” buffs, it increased the problems with balance, it forced for incredibly annoying and repetitive gathering tasks before each raid, it made gearing up unrewarding compared to just “having WB”, and a million more toxic interactions.

WB did not bring anything fun to the game except for a few mindless wankers seeing big numbers on their screen. And they certainly not made people play, on the contrary. They were the single worst feature of the game and pushed out quite a number of people who became sick of the ret*rded meta they made the entire game revolving around. It’s not because a few brainless idiots who can’t understand the “relative” part of competition claim they are fun that they were for the overwhelming majority of people.

3 Likes

I disagree i had lots of fun organizing teaming up and scheduling, the WB, i even had a ALOT fun getting to know discord buff community, and make whole realm feel like a big family. I also had hell load of fun when i was poping my heads and making whole realm happy for buff sharing, and ik that some1 down the line will do the same thing for me another day, thats what is called actually community, what u are asking is a jungle with monkey-looters that jump str8 into raid with no prep no effort no commitment, and tell me pack 40 monkeyz and send em to raid, what u even expect frm them to achieve? Nothin but pleanty wipes. “ARGH im mad! i got killed! my buffs r gone!” CHRONOBOON is ur fiend! spend 5g and get it if u cant do that serves u right! there is 0 excuse not wanting the wb for the rest, if u dont want em for urself dont get em, let rest play how they want and how the game is ment to be played. Each mmo meta is defined from ppl who progress those u most call “tryhards” not from lazy ppl called “casuals”, and most of play the game to is full potential/extend coz thats how we like it, those who dont like it they can go lazy or slow even crawl… Just coz few individual lazy ppl fancy themselfs “casual” r uncapable doesnt mean whole rest community effort and perfomance must be equal to no perfomance/effort. Coz thats what happens. WB r removed coz ppl r lazy to get em, and they got no excuse for, and coz they r bad they just want every1 else to be worse to be close to them… its like shotting a bird to its wings coz a turtle cant fly…

4 Likes

Some of you awesome loyalists (thank God you are creating some demand for what’s organically being produced in game) haven’t included consideration of these important aspects:

The “Diminishing Returns” of the classic / Vanilla 2004 era are in us ALL by now.
Your first WoW experience can’t be replicated - no matter what your preferences are nor what the devs do with it (no changes vs duel wielding in TBC changes etc - haha) Just a reminder. I don’t expect any gratuity here but please reflect on this as the possible cause of your unrelenting pursuit to ‘Classic’ WoW. In Psych: NEW neurological pathways were created in the first few years of WOW for YOU as an individual. They can’t be impacted outside pf ETC or maybe one of Elon Musk’s brain alterations in the alpha phase :smiley:

Nostalgic memories are measurably exaggerated over time - Do you wish time really stood still for Vanilla Warcraft? I am in that boat - it’s quite insane - I almost expect my Aussie guildmates from Aman’Thul to still be laughing with me in SW or in BG’s :wink: They’re just not there any more. I compare almost every game and WoW disappointment since ‘retail’ against those memories. (In Psych: Both PTSD / CPTSD symptoms and functional ‘Schemas’ are present in victims because ‘nice’ experiences as WELL as traumatic ones have ‘fallout-profits’ later in life through reaffirmation of the past.

The nice = “Back in my day…Politicians were noble…young people respected their elders…WoW had a better community etc” etc
The traumatic = Not going to enter in to that dialogue here - with respect to all sufferers.

Lost my point? The changes / non changes won’t quench the thirst of veterans on this forum. Solution: Self aware mindfulness and practice in gratitude over the fact Classic remains less influenced by annual financial ActivBlizz agendas than Retail because they still consider Classic a subsidiary ‘profit stake holder’ that must have a Retail sub to play. Let’s keep that quiet - until it needs to be un-holstered. The devs would arguably have more creative freedoms than the Retail devs as a result.

Always Loyal,
Wornoxx - Saurfang 2016-2021 (Old main gathering dust along with any former relevance as a main…)
Wornoxx - Amanthul 2006-2016

On that note, TCG = Landro = Booty Bay… PLEASE! I have a Spectral Tiger gathering dust…

1 Like

Paladins won’t be able to do the same pulls, unless you dualbox or something. I’d like to see a Pally survive having 300 mobs hitting him at the same time. Mages cheat the game like no other class can. For the health of the economy and the game as a whole, something needs to happen to stop Mara 1 pulls from happening. And I say this a Mage player too. This class is hilariously overpowered in Vanilla, and will always be popular no matter what happens to it .

1 Like

Kaivax, (there’s no Blue ‘GM’ colour - sorry)…;D Please pass on to devs from a loyal subscriber since 2006: Allow Landro Longshot from Bootybay to receive and reward original TCG Loot Cards. Easy solution across all accounts below:

No matter where the card is now, nor who has the card now, if you allow ONE character on a Classic / TBC account to use their EXISTING RETAIL’S TCG ITEM (so already redeemed and now on their RETAIL account and completely lost its exclusivity and value) on one account only on one character = success & no changes. WIN WIN! More here - please, friend…please…Kaivax.

Multiple un responded-to requests here by various players on multiple posts and forums. WoW TCG loot in TBC Classic :question: - WoW Classic / Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

TCG - Landro Booty Bay-Asking Again - In Development / Burning Crusade Classic PTR - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Avoid the cash grab - make it only redeemable on ONE TBC / Classic account from EXISTING RETAIL REDEMMED TCG cards. TCG Selling thread continued! 4.0 - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

do you honestly think this is the worst thing in the game at the moment, or that mage boosting was the thing that actually ruined classic?

1 Like

Eeh no. People thought Classic was bad, as Classic generally is a pretty contentless game. The endgame is pisseasy, the only thing that can make it fun is to buff the bosses (which they will) and remove WBS, to make it remotely ‘‘tough’’

1 Like

Make speedruns and try to compete with other top guilds across the globe, and then we can talk about “contentless game”.

2 Likes

It’s still so easy, anyone with as much time as these ‘‘top guilds’’ can do this easily. Classic is way to easy, so buffs to bosses and removed WBs is a must to make it enjoyable. (Plus WB meta is pure cancer).

2 Likes

I think boosting needs to exist to some extent. I see no problem with a warrior or pally boosting stockades for example. But there is an issue to me when a mage is solo pulling high-level instances like maraudon. That to me is too much. Too impactful on the economy and simply too much exp, as well.

1 Like

Player that recently played Classic but quit a few days ago because of how dead the economy of the game was with a few questions here:

1: How will players chose to play this version over the game over the version of Classic that’s already in the client? Will it be a one time choice or will players have to chose every single time they log in? Either way it seems the already fragmented community of current classic players is about to be ruptured even more then when TBC released and I slightly wonder what they did to recieve this poor treatment.

2:What will players incentive to play this version of the game be, especially in the long term? If everything you do gets wiped within 12 months there doesn’t seem to be much of an incentive to actually invest any time into your character especially when it comes to stuff like farming flasks recipies and actually using flasks. Sure people will do it the first season, but I sincerely doubt anyone will bother the 5th time around.

3: How will the doors of AQ operate? Will there still be a war effort? Will there still be scarab lords? It will make very little sense for players to go trough the server wide effort to open the gates every single time phase 5 rolls around. But without the AQ event can you even still call it classic? Seems like that would make it an extremely casual version of the game.

Overall these seem to be quite big issues and it surprises me that nobody seems to have had the foresight to consider these might be issues that should be addressed beforehand.

Why dont you stop complain and go play the normal classic then? This is suppose to be something new that alot alot of players have asked for for a long time. The normal classic servers are still there, have fun

3 Likes

exacty, the drama andys will always cry.
finaly blizz is making something right, sesional classic servers.
hope they change em up after each season.
finaly bliz understands why pserver classic versions are better than theirs.

4 Likes

its funny every1 say its easy to do what they simply cant ^^. walk to walk or talk to talk man

why has literally no one of the long time private servers players expressed any interest in the fresh then? :smiley:

2 Likes

It is nothing to do with drama, all I see on the forum is level 25 retail characters protecting season of mastery while real classic characters posting all disagreeing with a lot of the changes.

8 Likes

Because its not progressive. The reason why classic era failed is because it is not progressive, as people said many times noone has any interrest in playing naxx over and over on a dead server.

This was mentioned by a billion people over and over but a loud minority of forum trolls insisted they would copy all their characters and play it.

and again, someone posting on a retail character is putting counter arguments in, post on your classic char or exit the conversation please.

2 Likes

ERA failed because blizzard forced a choice ERA couldn’t win : you had to choose between the TBC hypetrain or ERA because of the paywall for copying the character.

ERA could never win against this much hype, even if the hype was smoke & mirror and now TBC is already dying as all can see it is an inferior product.

Even I did chose TBC to see what the fuss was all about. I quickly regretted my choice. Now my main is stuck there as I refuse to be scammed 15 dollars for a dumb copy.

5 Likes

Uh Yes, hello, this might be a stupid question but… where do I download the beta for this fresh vanilla wow classic? I’m a returning player and this new Masters thing excites me. It’s Oct. 5th, where’s the game? Where do I download it?

4 Likes