[A-RP] The Handmaidens of Elune 🌙

The Handmaidens of Elune are a circle of women devoted to their Goddess and to the preservation and perpetuation of her teachings. First formed to aid in the war against the Lich King, the order flourished as a group of healers and teachers, but also warriors, an arm for the Goddess to reach out across Azeroth and beyond. With the Burning of Teldrassil though, came tragedy, most of the order lost during their efforts to aid in the evacuations.

Now, as war rages across Kalimdor and the revered High Priestess Tyrande seeks to push back the defilers who savage our lands, a former novice of the Handmaidens of Elune, Niámh Frostfall, has taken up the mantle of her fallen leader and seeks to breathe life into these servants of the beloved Goddess once more. In Elune’s name, her handmaids will spread both light and fury and ride under her banner as her devoted daughters.

The structure of the Handmaidens is a mirror of the Sisterhood of Elune, designed to enable all who enter the order to flourish within and foster an atmosphere of family and trust. It is the hope that ultimately all sisters become stronger within the Goddess’ embrace and grow through the ranks below:

• Shan’delar: Niámh Frostfall, the leader of the Handmaidens in their rebirth

• Guide: The most trusted of the sisters, able to act in Niámh’s stead and make decisions that affect the Handmaidens on her behalf

• Handmaiden: Those sisters who have proven their worth and undertaken full initiation in Elune’s name.

• Falore: Those seeking to undertake the path lit by the Goddess, to know her better and become more than they may have been before

• Guardian: The protectorates and might of the order

To Create a Space for Prayer: Each month the Handmaidens of Elune will choose a space where they will hold open worship for all to attend in the spirit of peace and fellowship. In this way they will ensure Elune’s wisdom is not lost and her healing influence may be felt by those who perhaps need it most.

To Create Community Where it is Lost: With the burning of Teldrassil and the loss of our people’s central hub, the Kaldorei are scattered across Azeroth and may have cloistered themselves away, wounded and enraged. Because of this, the Handmaidens seek to reclaim the temple ruins at Isildien to create a spiritual sanctuary for the Night Elf people, and to encourage friendship and alliances with our kin and the younger races also, for it is through division that we may fall.

To Aid the Kaldorei Efforts Against Warmongerers: While Elune may be a Goddess who encourages peace, she is by no means a pacifist, and her might is needed to turn the tide against those who would annihilate us. Her Handmaidens will go where they are needed in conflict, both to bolster warrior ranks and heal those who have fallen.

To Grow Closer, One and All, to Elune: All sisters will be encouraged to undertake learning and pilgrimage and in turn pass this knowledge on as new acolytes join our fold. There will be regular theistic and philosophical circles for education and debate, expeditions in her name to serve Kalimdor and our people, and rites of passage which may be passed to rise within the ranks of the Handmaidens.

As a member of this order, sisters are expected to remember they represent the Goddess on mortal soil and must behave in a manner befitting of her name. Respect of one another within the Handmaidens and of individuals outside is a pre-requisite, as is patience and propriety.

OOC:

In essence, cordiality is the bare minimum we expect of members. Be mindful of both RP ettiquette and general manners. If you have IC conflict with a character, don’t let that spill over OOC, and vice versa, OOC issues should be left at the door when it comes to roleplay. If you feel a situation may arise that you are uncomfortable with within the context of the guild, let me know and I will always do my best to ensure that this is avoided for you. Everybody just wants to have a good time, after all.

Those Kaldorei women seeking to embrace Elune and serve her may contact Niámh Frostfall, either by letter or in person. She is currently residing at the Temple of Isildien in Feralas, and would welcome those who seek to serve their Goddess and their people. There will follow some discussion as to why you have sought out the Handmaidens of Elune and what you might hope to achieve as a part of the sisterhood, but do not be anxious about this, it is not an interrogation. Should you ultimately become our Sister, there will be a period of one lunar month where you will be given an opportunity to settle in and show your loyalty to the Mother before your full initiation.

If you’re interested please feel fee to drop us a line, either here on the forum or in game. Our recruiting officers are myself, Daleshar or Orithiel.

Alternatively, you can prod me on Discord at Niámh Frostfall#2392. I’m happy to answer any questions and arrange a meet up if you want. We accept the following classes:

• Priest
  • Druid
  • Warrior
  • Mage
  • Hunter
  • Monk
  • Rogue

We do not however accept the following:

• Death Knight
  • Demon Hunter

There won’t be an interview as such, just a get to know you chat both IC and OOC. There is a probation period of one month for members, just to make sure we’re a good fit for one another, this will be treated ICly as initiation, so is a chance for character development and building IC bonds between sisters.

Any questions etc, get in contact!

40 Likes

Start of something Fantastic!

Looking forwards to events to come :smiley:

3 Likes

This looks interesting! Can’t wait to RP ICly with you lot!

And obviously you can always call upon me for aid! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, the Handmaidens as have been spoken about.

I will certainly be around to aid you in your endeavours and I can not wait to see this guild flourish!

6 Likes

This looks like a great concept! People can use more Elune in their lives, for sure. Do come and say hello if you find yourselves in Feralas at some point. The Nightblades would love to meet you guys. ^^

5 Likes

Good luck! It’ll be nice to see a Priestess guild emerge.

7 Likes

Seems like fun if not for my personal problem of the horrid idle animation ruining female night elves to me. Stuff like this thrills me, then I’m sad.

5 Likes

Good to see a Sisterhood of Elune themed guild

Elune’adore :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Got some late night RP with these folks, it was fun casual RP.
WILL try to not sneak in a bomb. No promises though.

4 Likes

Encountering you yesterday in Feralas was a complete pleasure. I can wholeheartedly recommend this guild to anybody interested in engaging in Elune-themed RP!

Good luck with the guild, I’m certain that it will succeed.

4 Likes

Always lovely to see more Elune based guilds being formed! - Should there ever be the oppertunity I am sure my own would simply love the chance to interact with yours! There is so much we can learn from one another! We’re all Elune’s children after all! :crescent_moon:

4 Likes

Thank you all for the well wishes and interest, I hope we will see some of you at our event later in the month!

Zarival, I would be happy to meet with you one day and have a discussion, if you would like?

Also, if anybody is a Discord user and would like to reach me, my username is Niámh Frostfall#2392 You’re welcome to message me via there.

7 Likes

I am a discord user and I condone this message.

5 Likes

Certainly a niche in need of some attention, best of luck!

4 Likes

Now more than ever do the Kaldorei need Elune, specialy with all the fake news coming from the zombie elves that the Lich Queen has risen. gotta stay on top of it!

2 Likes

Damn dirty undeath elves, taking the spotlight of right, proper elves.

3 Likes

FYI if anyone is wanting to meet Niámh at all regarding the Handmaidens, I am in Feathermoon this evening!

2 Likes

I’d be delighted to! - Whilst also Zarival would be as well! :smiley: Would you like me to use Discord to get in touch?

2 Likes

Go ahead, I’m signed in at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Omg, it’s happening, Handmaidens of Elune and Moonlight Melody are going to be friends!

4 Likes