All anti-RDF arguments are outdated

Peoples behavior online these days is massively impacted of the 24/7 access to internet and the many anonymous social media accessible with only a quick thumbmovement also 24/7.

RDF is only a very very tiny part of that.

Peoples behaviour is shaped by a enviroment they know perfectly, that’s the real reason.
TBC is known, there is no RDF, and it’s just a spam of “LF last x for”

Semantics
Potato potato

You can give no guarantees about future plans of blizzard with these mono-faction pvp servers.

Some people have a very weird understanding of what social is. If I go on vacation and refuse to talk to locals, because after the vacation I go out and have a drink with them, am I being social?
Is trying to ban vacations because the people you meet will just stay in their country and you won’t be able to play football with them afterwards or because you might get robbed on vacation social?

There is nothing social about being against the RDF. You just have a weird understanding of what social is.
The RDF is a tool that enforces players to do social activities. Because dungeons are social activities. Even if you don’t talk or you don’t make life long friendships. The RDF brings people together in dungeons. And even people that wouldn’t be able to run dungeons otherwise.
Every player that really values social activities or interactions should rejoice about the RDF. Because that’s exactly what the RDF will give you.

You want to talk in the dungeon? You can do this even with the RDF. You want to go to the wedding of the tank? Just exchange battle net IDs and stay in touch. And maybe he will invite you. You want to find a new guild? Well you still can and you can also find a new guild on a new server too.
And on top of this, everything is completely optional. You can also choose to not use the RDF and build groups the old fashioned way with your fellow RDF-haters, that got stuck in 2009.

So stop pretending this is about being social, because this isn’t. This is just about you wanting to police others on how they play the game, because you don’t like their way of playing.

There are a lot of us.

The people argumenting against the RDF now are mostly people that even back then made up their mind about the RDF before even trying it or without trying it at all.

3 Likes

rdf is not the environment. so, wrong.

1 Like

Don’t bother, it’s just a troll.

2 Likes

First post edited by adding an anti-argument :

1. RDF should be implemented with ICC only : Wrong, RDF was a part of 40-45% of the total Wotlk life, and RDF is not a dg/raid content, it’s just a tool so as the game is in 3.3.5 it has to be in day one, exactly as the fly is 150%, 1.5sc casting, double spec and 200 others things that we can list.

How about ulduar and ICC should they be in from the get go also?

As said dozens of times before, a qol feature is different from actual gear progression content. Seems only you cannot understand this.

4 Likes

Learn the diference between a raid content and a mecanic

3 Likes

Why do yuo make a difference on the two? If one is in from the start then the other can be also, maybe i dont want to raid Naxx or Ulduar and thus it is a QoL fix for me to have ICC from the start (And it can be cleared in Blues, it was done back then).

But i dont want ulduar or naxx i want ICC. Now, not tomorow. You dont have to do it if you dont want to. It is a QoL change for most of us that dont like Naxx or Ulduar.

Bad troll is always a bad troll…

Unless you’re actually blissfully unaware of the fact that it is kinda common practise to separate the two. Blizzard seperates them, and all of us seperates them.

Because mechanics/features and content is two different things.

3 Likes

Yes don’t reply to him, he’s just trolling because he had nothing to do at this hour.

1 Like

So ICC from start is a no go because reasons. RDF from the start is a yes go because of reasons. Both where released at the same time.
RDF ruins the game so the mechanic is nothing to implement and luckily the devs have come to the same conclusion after over a decade of complains about RDF.

Reported for trolling.

More precision added about the famous “It was not added until ICC”

Yes and we did not have these things until ICC :melting_face:

• Summoning Stones: To use any Summoning stone, a character must be at least level 15. There is no maximum level to use these meeting stones.
  • Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased up to 200% for low level characters. As the character level increases, regeneration rates gradually decrease, until returning to normal rates at level 15.
  • Troll and Orc shaman totems now have their own unique appearance.
  • Nerfed Oculus
  • The distance at which these health bars are visible to players has been increased by 40 yards. (oh wait, isn’t already enabled on TBC ? :slight_smile: )
  • The speed of improving the Norfendre reputations has been increased by approximately 30%.

Yes and we did not have these things until ToC :melting_face:

• Cast duration to summon any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
  • The skill Apprentice Rider (75) can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 20 to direct them to the riding master.
    Companion Rider skill (150) can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 40 to send them again to the riding master.
    The Expert Rider skill (225) can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from Honor Hold or Thrallmar masters. Faction discounts are now applied (Honour Hold for the Alliance, Thrallmar for the Horde). Flight speed at this skill level increased to 150% of run speed from 60%.
    Artisan Rider Skill (300): Faction discounts are now applied (Honor Hold or Valor Expedition for the Alliance, Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for the Horde).
    To continue harmonizing the number of mounts available for purchase for each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for Forsaken.
  • Object comparisons: by pressing the Shift key. while hovering over an item with the mouse now displays the stat differences from the currently equipped item in the corresponding slot.
  • Portals have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind to lead players to the Stairs of Destiny at the Dark Portal.
  • A new zeppelin dock has been added to Thunder Bluffs to allow Horde players easier travel to and from Orgrimmar.
  • The local mail department got tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
  • All stackable potions are now stackable by 20.

Yes and we did not have these things until Ulduar :melting_face:

• All ground mounts can now swim without unhorsing their rider. Flying mounts still cannot swim and dismount their rider when entering water.
  • DOUBLE SPEC
  • Applying a glyph no longer requires being near a Lexicon of Power. The same rules apply for changing glyphs
  • Players no longer need to complete the Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler quest to become Artisan Anglers. The quest rewards you with a special premium fishing rod. Players who have already completed this quest can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing rod.

RDF is not a RAID or a DUNGEON, it’s a mecanic/parameter like all i listed before.

You just want a CUSTOM WOTLK, you don’t like this game, go to Classic ERA and stop trying to ruin our game.

3 Likes

That you report ppl that dont agree with you for trolling is nothing new.

Honestly. It shouldn’t be a suprise to you that you get reported a lot.

You do not even try to contribute any meaningful oppinions/arguments.

You are only here to grief and bicker with your posts.

3 Likes

I am not the one reporting ppl with a different opinion than mine, so who is only here to grief again?

1 Like

You are here just to put your opinion in mode “RDF ruined the game”, while we explain the things, the real things based on the present, not on the past, not blinded because RDF hurt feeling, not based on “in my memories” because everything based on it was a fail when you read the old post in 2019 before Classic

I remember in 2019 on the forum :

• There is no rush on Classic
  • Classic is for old Vanilla players
  • Retail players will leave the game after 1 month
  • Retail players will leave the game after lvl 30
  • Retail players will leave after 3 months
  • Classic is ultra social
  • Classic is a chill game
  • There is no min max on Classic
  • People will stop to play for you and help you

An example :

I’m not going to do yet another topic to tell you that WoW Classic is awesome, that you’re going to live on love and fresh water by the side of a campfire while slowly climbing to your 60 and that you’ll be projected 15 years backward. I don’t need to convince you of that.

On the other hand, I would like to invite you to several things surely already proposed here and there.

Share.
Swap. barter
Help
Discuss
Take your time
Make friends
Learn / Do Rp (if you like that. come to Auberdine in this case).
Put your interests after those of the players around you when possible.

Good dream good dream.

And after that players cried :
“I don’t remember that on Vanilla”
“It wasn’t like that on Vanilla” “Classic is not Vanilla”
“Some players stole my Ore while i’m already mining”,
“Players like to stole and tag mobs while you are already casting”
“The game is too easy i don’t remember that”
“Some players, guild and even faction control the DIABLOSAURE LEATHER
“Layering Blizzard this is not Classic !”
“10k players on a server Blizzard it’s not Classic”
“The community disappoints me”
“Tonight I’m answering an ad, I’m being grouped, I’m kicked instantaneously before I even had time to write good evening because there is already a war.”
“3 days ago we are 5 at the level of the respawn of a mob that we all need to validate a quest, I naturally propose to group, nobody answers everyone prefers to play the 20% chance of obtaining the mob that the 100%…”
“An hour ago I saved a guy about to die with 3 mobs after him I took back his aggro in extremis, he sat down and watched me kill his mobs without helping or even a thank you.”
“5 minutes ago I ask a mage with for some bread that I also saved from certain death, no thanks and he royally ignores me.”
“I ask for help to kill an elite mob in order to validate my oh how difficult quest of war lvl 30, nobody answers I give up after 30 min to take me wind on wind and I come to pay 1po a guy for that”
“I’m jaded by these antisocial behaviors, it’s not my way of playing I like to get involved, say hello to people I meet in a zepelin, help those in need, chat with a stranger that I don’t have could not save, help another for a quest not too far, answer questions asked on the /1, give advice, do wild pvp, use emotes etc etc.”

Well, i think i can stop now there is enough example.
Yeah yeah the real Classic experience, i believe it.

Good memories but the reality is quite different.

3 Likes