Bring back in-game GM support players

I still remember, back in the days when we had a problem we could just open a ticket and within several hours a Game Master would contact you via in-game whisper.
The help was personal and effective.

Nowadays i noticed a severe setback in that A+ service from back then.
In the recent account restrictions upon new accounts almost everyone noticed the bad support players get. All of the replies take days and on top of that they are bot generated and don’t offer an answer to your ticket.

It’s really sad a game that became only richer went so bad in customer treatment.

That’s why i’m rallying for a come-back of real human in-game support !
Who’s with me !?

2 Likes

Current queue is around 2 days, depending on issue. If they would appear in-game for a personal and lengthy chat it may increase solving rate but also increase average waiting times.

Would that be acceptable as one of your complaints is that it already takes days instead of hours?

Per industry standard, CS uses macro templates to maintain an uniform answer across customer tickets.

Generally this depends on issue, if players ask for help with bugs or quests or suggestions, in most cases GM’s do not assist with this and refer the players to the ingame tools where they can submit these themselves.

Unless a quest or bug is outlined by the developers as can or should be helped by GM’s, they’re not allowed to help.

Due repeat of certain issues like mail return, character undelete, character stuck, refund requests, etc most options have been replaced with automated self-help options that the player can access very quickly. If they still need help, they can usually also create a ticket for further assistance.

This has nothing to do with Support, the only option here you can ask Support for is a refund. Feedback is gathered on the forum thread or through the ingame suggestion tab (not through a CS ticket).

Edit: I may also add you’ve been already told several times that you do have to wait the full 30 days as the new policy restriction states.

My queue was 7 days,
And don’t act like it wouldn’t work, it worked before as it was in the very beginning.
Bot generated across the industry or not, once upon a time it was way better than it is now, and that is the only thing a company should invest in, user friendly systems.
As they are not.

As for the matter of the account restrictions, you seem to react like it’s something normal. Something we signed up for as new accounts.
NO we didn’t so we opened support tickets, and we were left in the dark on purpose…
You kinda react everytime on this forum it’s somethign we should swallow and move on.

But in fact it’s unacceptable and not agreed upon by the CUSTOMER. They can’t make new users subscribe and promise them full social access to features like AH, Mail and trade and then take it away. AS ON THIS DAY advertised on taking a subscription you should get full access to these features.

Anywayz, i get it… you are not affected and you don’t really care how absolutely shameless this was. That’s ok.

2 Likes

So you’d think, it would be better if the queue would be much longer then a week as long as they can personally talk to you about your issue of not being able to receive feedback about ingame systems?

I did not take a stance on the new system restriction so I do not know where you took that idea from, I’m merely linking the official developer posts so that players are informed about what is currently happening - as you say yourself: They’re currently not informed enough!

If you have feedback you can submit it to the main thread linked above, you know where it is since you posted in it prior! :smiley:

So you’d think, it would be better if the queue would be much longer then a week as long as they can personally talk to you about your issue of not being able to receive feedback about ingame systems?

The queue wouldnt be longer than it is now, for sure… it was several hours back then.
they helped with all of the problems like stuck in game or unable to do something, that are automated now, so the automated basic fixed should stay as a bot, but a little human interaction is no problem for other issues, that’s the least yo ucan expect for a game you monthly pay for…

Not so much asked if you ask me.

2 Likes

Here is a crazy idea. Use our sub to actually hide more gms instead of using it for developing trash like plunderstorm and SOD. Classic era players subs should go on Classic Era only. There would be plenty of gms then as literally era requires zero new development.

3 Likes

Great Idea, great answer.
That was how it went down before and in the mean time they were still developing and had GM’s online. Time for more human interaction like it was on Classic wow.

2 Likes

Reading about Classic, I think Gm would be thing like back than all through moP actually.
Solution ius not automated, but hire more. Before you also could phone someone if you had account trouble. Not now.

Saneko why you much Blizz defender? I always thought green letters to mean helpful player, not Blizz-man same as blue.

1 Like

nope. its literally a poster approved by blizzard

2 Likes

Thanks. I stop reading him.

1 Like

GM’s are still ingame, but it depends.

If your ticket gets answered while you are ingame, so is the GM online.
If your ticket gets answered while you are offline, so is the GM offline.

How do I know? Well, I’ve had my moments, where my ticket got answered ingame. Even two times I’ve had a GM show himself/herself infront of me, doing a /wave to me.
The third time I got my ticket answered, yet again I tried to get the GM to show himself/herself but that person told me it was against their rules and policies. But the GM, the person was invisible and flying above me, while I was doing world quests.
I know this out of knowledge and experience.

Ofc now, in these days in age these occasions are getting more rare. But they are alive and still out there.

I really loved the fact that if you encountered or reported a bug sometimes a GM would even go as far as to give you a little present like a pet or something.

1 Like

Exactly the personal approach was A+, it’s all AI and bots now.

I still help people wherever I can, it’s just less visible because it’s not highly discussed topics like this one here which was moved from the normal forums to the CS one.

I( think you not very pro-player, nor very helpful. You generally tell why - from Blizz’s point of view - is impossible what we ask. I followed you/forums for long time, so have seen those you link to answers early.