[H Gandling] <For Fun> Relaxed and Friendly Social and Casual Raiding Guild

For Fun is a more casual and social orientated raiding Horde guild on Gandling PvP server. This means we will raid and aim to clear all content, but on a more relaxed schedule and mindset. The social aspect of the guild is also very important to us. For too long on retail the sense of community has died in the game and it is a shame. We hope to remake the original sense of community within our guild so even if you don’t raid, you have a home where you can have fun and make friends. There will be social events like hide and seek, fashion competitions, catfish duels and also a Stormwind streaking competition, all with prizes! The guild aims to be like an in-game family, were we care about each and every one of our members. We do not intend to be “the biggest” or “best” guild on the server. We intend to be that guild whose members log on because they want to spend time with it’s members.

Raid Days/Times (all server time):
Wednesday and Saturday: 20:00-23:00

There is no minimum requirement of raid days you have to attend. Attend when you are able, and when you want to!

"What are your raiding aims?"

The guild aims to clear all of the raiding content while sticking to a more social and casual raid environment. We are not in a rush to clear anything as Classic won’t be going away or getting any new content.

This also means we will not be picky with who can join. Never played Vanilla? Not raided before? Want to play an Enhancement Shaman? You are all welcome! All we ask for is you try your best and be friendly. Yes, that also means you Mr Wannabe-Balance Druid! You are welcome too!

Current High Priority Classes/Specs:

We are currently full on raiding spots.

We are open to all, however we do not wish to over recruit more than we have to in order to keep the raids going every week. While classic is not out yet, we do have a lot of people wanting to raid who have already decided what they would like to raid as. You are always welcome to join as a social and wait for a spot to open in the future if you so wished.

"But those aren’t BiS classes/specs! How can you possible clear content with those?!"

You’re right, they aren’t, but that’s ok! It is still possible to clear content with some sub-optimal specs in the team. We aren’t going for any server first or such so clearing bosses ASAP is not what we raid for. Also you have to remember that classes can bring more than just DPS to a raid. Shaman totem twisting on an Enhancement Shaman will be way more efficient than on a Resto shaman, bringing a flat DPS increase to the rest of their group! All while allowing their Resto Shaman to use their mana and GCDs more efficiently. We also understand some specs will need more gear before they are able to do higher DPS, but that is more on the player than us. If you want to play a sub-optimal spec then we are ok with it as long as you try your best! We are not ok with carrying people through content with their class being suboptimal as an excuse to be lazy!

"Ok, but what about the social side? I don’t want to raid"

Want to just be a social player? That’s ok too! I have a list of social events I would like to get the guild involved in with, which will be accessible at all levels and even have prizes! The social aspect of the guild is very important to us whether you are a raider or not. Social players are what makes a guild a home and somewhere people want to be. You are just as important as any raider!

"But I don’t want to PvP!"

If you don’t want wPvP I can understand your issues with it. We did take a vote however (we actually took two when a couple more joined!) and a PvP server was the majority vote by a clear margin. Don’t forget that if you do find yourself being ganked by groups of Alliance (we all know they hunt in packs!) then don’t hesitate to ask guildies to come and help! We would be happy to help you take the fight back to them!

Rules:

• Be friendly and respect your fellow players both inside and outside of the guild!
  • No ninja looting!
  • If you sign up to a raid we expect you to turn up. If you can’t make it please let us know as soon as you can! Tentative signs = decline.
  • Understand that there will have to be rotations within the raid team, and respect that the leadership do everything they can to keep it as fair as possible.
  • Be willing to use your off spec in raids if you have received raid gear for it. This will allow us to minimize the amount of people we have to recruit on specific bosses, keeping the raid team more tight knit!
  • Do not raid outside of the guild on your main character. You are more than welcome to raid with alts, but your character you have committed to the guild’s raid team must not do this. This is because you get saved to raids and have to wait until the weekly reset to go again. If you get saved even for 1 boss, we will not be able to bring you with us.

Loot Rules:

• Loot council will be used for loot. This will reward players who are active in the guild and show that they have earnt it (this includes outside for raids too!) while not punishing people who have to miss raid days for work/family like a DKP system would.
  • Legendaries will be dealt with a different way. Thunderfury will of course go to the main warrior tanks first as it is BiS for them, and then any warriors who will be off tanking for us in raids also. After that it will be given among other melee dps classes who can use it, with priority going to players who have show their dedication to the guild. If somebody already has 1 binding, then they will get priority on the second binding.
  • Hand of Ragnaros is a unique legendary in the sense that it holds no usefulness in PvE, but is BiS in PvP for Enhancement Shamans. Because of this, who gets the weapon will be decided slightly different from other items, with priority going to shamans given it’s BiS status. Priority will always go to those who have shown they are dedicated to the guild no matter class or spec. However among any shamans in this dedicated loot group, priority will be given to those who PvP as Enhancement as their main PvP spec.
  • Atiesh is something you can only get after already clearing all content, so it will be chosen among the most dedicated Mage/Priest/Druid/Warlock in the guild. This weapon will be more of a statement of your commitment to the guild on a whole so only those who really become a part of the guild will get to receive it!
  • Mounts will be given to the most dedicated guild members. Once again this includes outside of raid time as well. We want them to be a reward for the hard work people put into the guild.
  • Quest Items for gear, like Eye of Divinity for Benediction, will be treated like the legendaries. It will be given to somebody chosen among the most dedicated members by the loot council.
  • Please respect that despite leadership being leadership, we are players too and work hard even behind the scenes to keep the guild running. Do not get upset if any item does go to anyone in leadership. It is not the rank that would have earnt them their item, but the work they have done and how they have acted as a member of the guild also. If a member of leadership does not pull their weight, they will not be eligible for any of these items mentioned (and would also lose their leadership role).

If you would like to join you can add us to discord or Battletag!

Officer
Btag: Isbiten#1546
Discord: Mårten#3382

Social Officer
Btag: LovinFeelin#229
Discord: pugsley02#6587

16 Likes

Great bunch of people. Classic can’t come round quick enough!!

4 Likes

Yay, a recruitment thread. Been in the guild for a good few months now and honestly we’re biting at the bit to get going. Couldn’t have asked for a better bunch of folks to re experience Wow with!

3 Likes

Hiya, what country are you guys predominantly from?
Myself and a few mates are returning to classic however due to us all being in our 30’s with families now we are not looking for anything hardcore / tryhard.

We are mostly Scottish with a few English dudes thrown in, Scottish accent can be quite hard for Europeans sometimes. :slight_smile:

Myself and a few others raided in classic back in the day and feel modern wow doesnt live up to that standard.

2 Likes

We are a mix. We got a group of us form the UK, a group of swedes, some danes, atleast 1 itallian, 1 american and 1 form iceland! The others I’m not 100% sure, but we are an English speaking guild for the sake of inclusion and moderation.

2 Likes

We’re a mixed bunch. Quite a few Uk’ers, Swedes, Belgians, Dutch, a few Danes even a crazy Iclandic. Age wise, we prolly average in the 30’s, with some of us in our 40’s. Feel free to contact Jani and see if you like what you see :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I read The Broons and Oor Wullie growing up so you’re all good!! Great guild atmosphere. Plenty of us and really looking forward to the end of the month!

2 Likes

Been a ‘Discord Guild’ for some time now. Looking forward to translating that to a Classic Guild soon. Awesome core of guys and gals, both raiders and socials, who have gotten to know each other over the last few months. Really pleased I found the guild. Makes waiting for Classic even harder! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good people, good atmosphere. Plenty of raiders and socials. You can’t go wrong!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Best of luck to you, you seem like an awesome bunch :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! We wish you all the best also :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you guys going on PvP or Pve Realm? Thanks

1 Like

As it mentions in our first paragraph, we will be on a PvP server :slight_smile:

Looks good. If only it was Alliance… Looks like i’ll be rolling my dwarf hunter like in 2004 again

1 Like

Make it a troll hunter, you know you want to! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This guild sounds interesting to me your philosophies match mine :+1:

3 Likes

Troll hunter is the way to go

1 Like

Well feel free to add me on Discord if interested :slight_smile:

Btw my discord id is Alizor#2755 not Jayle

1 Like