"Public" RP Revival Initiative

Greetings!
As we know, RP on our server isn’t in favorable state. Most of the RPing is done within guilds and has a stronger presence on Horde side.

Now I would like you to present and idea I so originally named.

I would like to make a series of events that both alliance and Horde could attend that would be actually organized by more than one or two guilds, I want to talk big. Server big. Starting with actively encouraging other people on our server to join role-playing activities, as there are few RP dedicated guilds and many guilds that just exists on RP server without actively participating in RP.

Sadly I do not have enough contacts and friends to begin, but I believe that together, we may be able to do something, or just have some fun trying.

What I propose for starting would be an “RP-pride”. Or something like that. An independent event that wouldn’t mess with your prepared events, of course. Just march through major cities, showing other people that RP isn’t to be afraid of and that there is beauty and fun to it.

Then, it could be finished by a big RP party in a safe location.

For now, it’s just my idea that I would want to pull out, but I lack means to. So I’m asking for assistance or advice. Anything would help right now.

Have a great day or night!

5 Likes

I myself have been slowly working on open RP opportunities and as such I am strongly in favour of all restoration initiatives! The Hand is currently busy hunting down N’Zoth, but I have a feeling the Band would show up to such an activity.

That said, if we’re talking revival initiatives, I believe it’s only proper to link some already established ones:

RECURRING (MONTHLY/WEEKLY):

ANNUAL:

ONE-SHOTS/EPISODIC:

OTHER/FORUM RP:

…Yes, I love bullet points.

Anyway! I always strongly encourage people to host open events and provide RP. I’m interested in helping out. :wink:

8 Likes

Thank you Linaria, I share your love for bullet points.

Right now I will need some people to help with the event as I have very little experience with hosting them, also I will need some aid with propagation… ^^

2 Likes

I fondly remember open, faction neutral events such as

“Saving Little Wing”

(umm, if I remember correctly),

where adventurers of both the Horde and the Alliance came together to contribute to a good cause.

The aforementioned event was, I think,

my first time (on an alt) meeting Horde players at RP events,

and to my great surprise, they seemed like pretty decent people.

It was also my first time (again, if I remember correctly) meeting members of guilds such as the Wayward Vagrants and the Hand of the Titans -

which in turn nudged me to approach those guilds on my two only high level Horde alts -

and that further opened my roleplaying eyes, and enriched as well as expanded my roleplaying experience.

Thank you for being awesome,

Sha’glade Cartel roleplayers!

And yeah, large RP events would be awesome :smiley:

And spontaneous hunting or fishing trips or such wil also be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Alright, Ill note it down. Make hunting fish and trips events!

3 Likes

Love the initiative!

Now the war is over, WV will always be interested in attending, aiding or even being hired/hiring mercenaries from either faction, if this type of RP ever crops up ^^ (ofc OOC-wise, Horde bound :D)

4 Likes

I’m currently preparing my very first event, but I face timetable challenges, as I have very little free time and would be veeery sad if I couldn’t attend my own event…
But worry not, once everything is set I’ll let you know! Wish me luck, I’ll need it.

6 Likes

I admire your bravery and applaud the initative, Raylen :four_leaf_clover:

I wish you the best of luck, too, naturally! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You shall have my luck.

4 Likes

And my axe! :santa:

4 Likes

…Actually, let me just in general wish you luck instead.

My luck is… fickle.

4 Likes

First event created, I hope I picked convinient time and day. You’re all welcomed to it! (Wednesday tavern night)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.