Reputation reset (and keeps resetting)

I was Exalted with Obsidian Warders on this character. When I logged in today, the reputation reset to Neutral (0/3000). I did some quests to at least get it back to Friendly but now it just keeps resetting to zero everytime I log in. Other characters in my Warband don’t seem to have this problem (though none of them are Exalted with that faction).

11 Likes

Horde equivalent (Dark Talons) had reset several times already for many people, me included over the last year and nothing has been done about it so far. Now would be the right time for devs to take these kind of bugs seriously seeing that players have lost all kinds of different faction reputation at random since the expansion pre-patch.

1 Like

I was getting close to revered on this character, and today I noticed the same, Obsidian Warders rep had been reset to neutral.

I’ve just had Thrallmar reputation reset on me, and it keeps resetting every time I relog on an alt and back onto my main.

I’m also missing Bloodsail Buccaneers reputation from my rep list.

Thrallmar is just one of the 10 random reputations that players are reporting being reset, among many other problems currently with the game. Take a peek at the US bug report forum and you’ll notice 1000 different reports from the last 24 hours alone. I have never seen anything like it.

Yeah, I’ve done some further investigation. I tried to replicate Thrallmar in particular. I only managed to replicate this issue on characters that I paid for faction change in the past.

It seems to only affect reputations that have opposite faction counterparts. Did any of you pay for Faction Change in the past on the affected characters?

I am unfortunately in the same boat with the Horde equivalent Dark Talons resetting this evening. Tried to raise a ticket but that in itself is an issue at the moment.

And now it’s even gone from the reputation window (Dark Talons).
Was just farming it again since it was reset some months ago.
Really hope I don’t have to restart again.

My character was originally horde, and after doing some more investigation, I’ve also lost all progress on achievements like the WoD garrison jukebox, which I suspect also happened because it’s a different one from the opposite faction.

Hello there,

We’re currently working on a few different issues affecting reputations and how they are displayed.

Many fixes should be out already with more on the way!

1 Like

any news on SL Covenant achievements that got reset? :pensive: or if we can expect them to be fixed in the days

I’d like to note that these reputation issues are not visual, unlike some other reputations such as Sabellian, Wrathion, and Azerothian Archives, or Bloodsail Buccaneers.

If you take a look at OP’s armory, you’ll find that Obsidian Warders is completely missing from their reputation log. If they were to discover the reputation again, it’ll be at neutral. If they were to gain any reputation, it would disappear from their log again upon logging out.

The same issue affects other reputations such as:

• Thrallmar and Honor Hold
  • Unshackled and Waveblade Ankoan
  • Honorbound and 7th Legion
  • Dark Talon and Obsidian Warders

Basically, any reputation which has a counterpart on the opposite faction seems to be affected in this particular way.

Replication Steps for Thrallmar:

1. Enter Hellfire Ramparts
  2. Kill a mob and gain rep
  3. Leave the dungeon and relog
  4. Reputation will be missing from the log upon logging in
  5. When rediscovered, it’ll be 0/3000 neutral

I have managed to replicate the Thrallmar problem on 2 characters which had been faction changed in the past. My friend has also done the same on 2 characters. Meanwhile, characters which were not faction changed are not affected.

1 Like

This isn’t just a display issue, reputation gains are rolled back hard.

25.07.2024 [22:37] Reputation with The Klaxxi increased by 10000. (+5000.0 bonus)
25.07.2024 [22:37] You are now Revered with The Klaxxi.
25.07.2024 [22:37] Reputation with The Klaxxi decreased by 9500.
25.07.2024 [22:37] You are now Honored with The Klaxxi.
26.07.2024 [11:45] Reputation with The Klaxxi increased by 1000. (+500.0 bonus)
26.07.2024 [11:45] Reputation with The Klaxxi decreased by 500.

1 Like

Waveblade Ankoan is also reset wich kinda sucks :confused: been doing the rep for the paragonchest…

Yes, this is definitely not a display issue. When I use the API to get my current standing, it just returns 0:

Dump: value=C_Reputation.GetFactionDataByID(2524)
[1]={
  hasBonusRepGain=false,
  description=...,
  isHeaderWithRep=false,
  isHeader=false,
  currentReactionThreshold=0,
  canSetInactive=true,
  atWarWith=false,
  isWatched=false,
  isCollapsed=false,
  canToggleAtWar=false,
  nextReactionThreshold=3000,
  factionID=2524,
  name="Obsidian Warders",
  currentStanding=0,
  isAccountWide=false,
  isChild=false,
  reaction=4
}

Similarly, if you check the historical progress of my exalted reputations over at Data for Azeroth, you can see that I actually lost a rep and went from 160 to 159.

I also want to note that this character never went through a faction change.

1 Like

Also noticed that reputation gain in instances is bugged too.
If I run BC dungeons and gather up 10 of mobs and kill them all at once, I only get 15 rep, but killing each separatly gives 15 rep each.

1 Like

This is happening to one of my characters with the Dark Talon reputation and a response to my CS ticket just told me that no-one else has reported this issue and so it must be my addons or UI issue, which was really unhelpful.

I also lost some Reputations from Exalted to neutral / friendly:

The Honorbound, The Talanji Expedition, The Zandalari Empire, Voldunai and The Unshackled.
The Dark Talons ( this is second reset)
Thunder Bluff

The Character went through faction change and race change.

If you search the support site you’ll still get a search result (note: updated 7 months ago) but when you click the link it says PAGE NOT FOUND. They’ve literally swept it under the rug after ignoring it for longer than a year because I don’t ever remember if being corrected.

They claimed fixing it once, but judging by forum and wowhead comments, the reputation reset at least two more times afterwards. Around that time, Voldunai reputation kept resetting as well (updated 4 months ago).

What concerns me the most is the line “provided we can verify”. Simple process for reputations which have a corresponding achievement for reaching Exalted, something Dark Talons and few other factions do not have.

Even worse for Paragon reputations because I seriously doubt someone will be willing to sift through months of quest log data for individual characters.

Dark Talons and equivalent cannot be farmed in one sitting or over a “reasonable” time because reputation activities are being drip-fed to you every 3 days without any large gains similar to that of a once-per-week repeatable quest from Valdrakken. I’m not joking when I say that this was a 40 day long process.

1 Like

This isn’t just a display issue. I can’t access anything that the vendors offer at certain reputation levels either. As somebody said it feels like anything that has a counterpart on the opposite faction.

On patch day I lost Waveblade Ankoan, the next day I lost all of Proudmoore Admiralty, then today I had 7th Legion wiped also. I still have the achievement on my account, and this is happening on the character that achieved those reps to Exalted.

Would be nice to see that the reps being actually reset is acknowledged and understood as more than just a display bug. The worry that any reputation might be the next one to be purged (for no clear reason) is making me hesitant to do anything in game.

1 Like