Make "Grim Tidings" quest REMAKEABLE!

I stand by your side totally ! I got lucky finding these threads before talking to that troll(guess he filled his troll job heh) with the decision, but I would’ve messed up for sure if it weren’t for checking around here.

6 Likes

I actually pressed the dialogue option and saw the warning sign but still didn’t think it was a choice between Saurfang and Sylvanas. Zekhan says “She not be reportin’ back nothin’… she gonna kill him”, which I interpreted as the dark ranger Lyana taking matters into her own hands, going against Sylvanas will. I thought the quest would be to stop Lyana and inform Sylvanas. It didn’t make sense to me that Sylvanas would want to kill Saurfang if the Alliance was gonna do it anyway.

Actually, even if the Alliance weren’t going to kill him I still don’t think it’s like Sylvanas to try and kill Saurfang. She may be grim and cold at times, but she’s just not that… small… She’s always had honour even if she’d never waste her time talking about it. It really feels like Blizzard wants to get rid of her, with all the things they’re having her do and say, along with Nathanos.

I honestly think it would be better if Saurfang was warcheif and Sylvanas went back to leading the Forsaken. It just doesn’t have to happen like this. They could still be on good terms with one-another. In fact, the whole event could lead them to respect each other more than ever before. And Sylvanas would have more time to work on ensuring the survival of the Forsaken if she wasn’t warcheif. She would be more free, it just suits her better.

I’m pretty sure most horde players like both Saurfang and Sylvanas, so I really don’t get why Blizzard started this conflict to begin with.

1 Like

I decided to go on and support Saurfang on my troll druid and support Sylvanas on my undead mage but I must say it is such a click-bait from Blizz making only one of the options a quest. I felt cheated both times as well because it was blatantly obvious that supporting Saurfang was the “intended” option.

Why did Blizzard gave us this “illusion of choice” is the real question because it sure looks evil to me right now.

1 Like

The fact that you can’t go back is evident in all games. Path of Exile does this as well. I do agree however that warnings should be given when choosing any of the two sides and not just one of them. Quests should be given on both paths too. That’s clearly a bug on Blizzard’s part.

1 Like

Maybe she had honour once but that was long a go i dont like sylvanas anymore , that killing of families by burning telldrassil , in the realm i play now i have 1 horde left i have let the rest (still low levels) die that one has 84k i can’t send to my alliance chars its the only reason she still lives

1 Like

Greetings all!

So after more than one month here is the thing. There are SEVEN topic deal with this Sylvanas versus Saurfang questline. Let see what it means in numbers.
There are altogether about 7000 views and 300 replies.
I guess it is more then the other first 100 different topics altogether.
But speaking of different topics… There are many whom had an answer and a solution yet. The point is → with far fewer views and replies.
Far fewer means topics with 40 views and 4 replies.
Compare it with the 7000 and 300 that all we have.

Still, we do not have a solution nor an answer!!
So the question is → Where are you dear Developers?

Here is a summary about the problem for you (dear Developers):
The problem was you did not make us a warning that accepting the
“Grim Tidings quest” will lead us to support Saurfang.
We are here in these several topics because of this mistake or intended mistake you made.

What do we all want? We want to support Sylvanas.
So what must be the solution?
Reset the questline, let us make it again.

AND put a warining to Saurfang’s side also and to every choosing quests aswell. That would be fair and just.

What we do not want? Answers like “you decided it” or “we can not undo this quest”. You know why? Because you capable to undo. Here is a story:
One of my friend was an Alli player but he (grown up at least) and decieded to change to Horde. All of his quests including the STORY was reseted meanwhile his reputation was the same. Also he had to do all the Zuldazar and Kul Tiran minion quests “again”.

So technically you capable of reset any quest meaning you can fix and solve the problem you made.

Game Masters said this is a key decision questline.
So that’s the reason why is so important to “solve the problem you made”.

Can’t wait for your answer Devs,

Guys still make replies, likes and share of all the topics of the cause.
Linked all of it.

Happy new year for everyone,

Tis

7 Likes

Blizzard fix this, there are tons of players those who speak either via ticket or forum and either that swallowed it and didnt raise a voice, but we want this to be fixed , its past the point of lore and gameplay now, its a customer issue.

4 Likes

i hope for a fix, i will not rest and i will haunt the blizzard hq the way jacob marley haunted mr scrooge if i end up betraying my leader by misstake.

1 Like

Honestly, I, personally, have never really liked Sylvanas since I 1st started playing horde side, but to basically force (more or less) a player to choose Saurfang is VERY WRONG when it’s supposed to be “an important decision” so I do agree that Blizzard should sort this out

people are naturally going to choose the quest over the bubble (since the majority of bubbles don’t do much), so it really does need remaking or rethinking!!

2 Likes

Seriously developers? Where are you? So ashamed to come here and answer!?

1 Like

After 2 posts, with more than 3k views togheter and over 50 replies about the topic, it seems we don’t deserve anything, not even a community manager “sent word to the devs about this”.

This is definitely not Blizzard anymore.
The wound hurts and burns less than earlier. But it still does.
Please… before 8.1.5 comes out and more choices will make this forgettable… Listen to our voices.

1 Like

Blue posts are only made on trivial threads like “whats your battle pets name” “why did you start playing wow”

threads people asking things from the devs are generally just flinched at

1 Like

I went with Saurfang on my druid, think i will go with Sylvannas one one of my other 5 120’s and see what happens

Agreed, there’s quite a few threads on this and a good number of players upset. I’m one of them. The choice had no pop-up warning until afterward, so I didn’t realize that I’d already made it, and for the wrong side.

If Blizz is going to start introducing things with long plot-related impacts, they need to make it absolutely clear which side you’re siding with, and when. Please, please make this one re-doable, and change the way future ones warn you.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Either make the quest remakeable or not influencing the plot

1 Like

So we have the following threads with the following statics

30 replies
102 likes
20 users

57 replies
409 likes
37 users

76 replies
157 likes
57 users

109 replies
209 likes
43 users

10 replies
11 likes
7 users

So let’s add the numbers and see what we have totally!
282 replies
888 likes
164 users

Also, The last 2 thread is closed for no reason.

So basically, One topic gets HOT in last 2 month in the forum and Game-Masters just refuse to do any action and tell us to come to the forum and make our voice heard and once we do it, We get completely ignored by Developers and they refuse to come and take responsibility for their mistakes?

As customers, We demand the response and As a long-time fans, We seek supports but it seems no one in Blizzard team give a **** about us. So there is only one more question left to ask.
Does Blizzard no longer care about customers and the fans? If its the case, I rather leaving than be treated like this.

2 Likes

It seems we are not able to side with Sylvanas vs Baine because we sided with Suarfang before.

@DEVELOPERS
You guys tricked us to go to the wrong path and ignored us completely in the forum and even in the new quest line, You won’t let us to side with Sylvanas!
Why you don’t give an option to people who didn’t do “Warriors Death” to remain loyal to Sylvanas and enjoy the game?
It’s funny that you guys have time to read comments in change list and make a reply but don’t have time/courage to reply in a hot thread like this.

Community demand and respond!

3 Likes

Any news on this? I didn’t like the fact the very rare, non-linear option appears now out of nowhere without an adequate warning. I could just ignore the content completely but that would be equal to quitting the game.

2 Likes

Not even a Community Manager “Ok, we know about this, we will forward to the Devs”. NOTHING.
I guess this is the Blizzard we have to cope with, right now.

1 Like

None of DEVS gonna come here and respond, They will just wait till all threads get closed.
Welcome to the new blizzard that customers mean nothing anymore!

2 Likes