TBC Classic ERA

Thanks, how do I get from any of those servers to outlands or northrend?

Something has been taken, and we need it back.

5 Likes

#TBCClassicwhen?
Never. You missed the train to vote for Era servers after TBC.
Why? The link above has all the answers you need.

I really wanted TBC era as well as Wotlk but no matter who I spoke to, the common answers were “Yeah but who will play those?”.

Ever since TBC classic was released people kept talking about how dead the Classic Era servers are. And while it WAS true, there were sudden boosts in players there during the end of middle-end TBC classic and later even more in WotLK Classic.

I knew that if they didn’t give us TBC Era then there will be another boost in Classic Era because the people who like TBC but not WotLK will just play Classic Era (or go back to private servers), then when Cataclysm Classic released (which I didn’t really think would happen but here we are) with no WotLK Era, there will be even more people who liked the old world in Classic Era (whichever version it may be, discovery, hardcore etc).

The writings were on the walls all along but people kept saying “Nobody plays there so it’s obvious that blizzard didn’t want to maintain dead servers like they did for Classic Era”.

Best thing you can do now is either hope that enough people will gather and push blizzard together to get TBC\WotLK Era servers, or just wait for a TBC and WotLK nostalrius to show up and take a cut from blizzard. But the last time it took around 12 years for such an event to happen so I wouldn’t stay around if I wanted to play those versions. I would just open my old booty chest, find my pirate hat and go play on private servers.

Vote with your money people, not meaningless hashtags.

2 Likes

Best thing you can do now is either hope that enough people will gather and push blizzard together to get TBC\WotLK Era servers

Couldn’t agree more. We didn’t push for it as hard back then when most people were too busy looking forward to WotLK so we need to be pushing for it now. Especially now that we’re progressing into Cataclysm (and likely beyond).

I think for many people, even if TBC / WotLK era doesn’t arrive soon, confirmation that it is coming would be enough to keep their sub that they may otherwise have ended up cancelling the later we get into progression classic.

They may be spinning a lot of plates with all the different versions they’re currently handling but thats no reason for them not to be open about their plans on this topic now that we’re in a period where people want it / need it.

2 Likes

Agree 100%
There is a niche to be filled here, and instead of unsubbing could find a home in tbc/wrath.

People are complaning that the server upkeep would be too expensive, but that’s nonsense. With how many low population classic era servers Blizz are keeping alive, no reason not to convert 4 of them to evergreen tbc/wrath servers.

We need to be loud about this!

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that blizzard will not do that. There’s 0 incentive for them to do that.
There’s also a problem with users like me who want their characters as they’ve been in TBC\WotLK Classic, like the cloning they gave us back when TBC classic released, but since they didn’t give us any option to save a clone or even gave a comment whether they are keeping a saved copy of our characters (which means they didn’t even consider having era servers for those versions), it’s fair to say that we’ll have to start from scratch. Either that or people will also have to push blizzard to look into their old server backups (which the longer it’ll take, the less chance they will keep those back ups around).

Bottom line is, blizzard tells us to our face, now the second time, “we’re not going to give you tbc\wotlk servers.”.
Like I said, if you really want to play those versions, don’t bother asking blizzard, go find the next nostalrius and make it compete with blizzard to the point that an outrage will happen.
Though IMO, the main reason the nostalrius outrage was so successful was thanks to WoD being a complete failure.

I really doubt that anything will change by forum posts. Blizzard has moderators here but they have no power or control over anything the community wants. Unless every day there’s a new post from a new account or whatever that asks for those things you shouldn’t stay around and wait. It’s really simple.

I really want era servers for TBC and wrath too and i am not going to renew my sub once it runs out

8 Likes

i agree, #TBCClassicwhen?

6 Likes

Would love an TBC era server <3
For me Era servers are the best thing, cause I don’t have the time anymore like 20 years ago to keep up with the content progression.
I don’t even contemplate anymore to play Retail/Classic Wrath/Cata/SoD, cause I can’t commit to play so much and then the season/version of Classic is already over…

7 Likes

Yes Era servers are gift for slow ones like us <3

4 Likes

TBC was the last good classic era as they really butchered WotLK.

9 Likes

TBC is dope. In my eyes it’s Classic+.Once i noticed conversation on general on Classic Era about state of WoW mainly about that time current Wrath,SoD and such and i just casualy mentioned: “I would love at least one TBC server more then anything Blizzard has to offer” and was surprised on positive response from bunch of people and many even whispered me about same TBC sentiments. I couldn’t believe how many people who play Vanilla are actualy TBC players and they are on Vanilla because there is no where else to go.
When i played TBC Classic i realised how TBC is not only about nostalgia, it’s much more…it is hard to explain, but it works.

9 Likes

Well, TBC is basically a better version of Vanilla.

They increased difficulty, balanced classes, made group content more meaningful and improved professions.

Just imagine, they’d rebalanced the vanilla content on a large scale all up to level 70 too. OMG…

Personally I wouldn’t even mind the increase to level 70 in that case. I’d just cope with it.

On the other side, TBC still lacks most of those comfort features. It’s still a real RPG in most aspects.

Only downside may be the setting. Quite a few people have a problem with the setting in TBC. That’s ok. Although I personally like it, I can relate to this. And I think Blade’s Edge Mountains suffers from the worst zone design in all WoW.

4 Likes

You think so. Other think Vanilla better other think Wrath better. Is why we need Era servers for all 3!

1 Like

We need at least 2(one pve, one pvp) era servers each, for tbc and wrath.

It’s really not much to ask for.

6 Likes

As tired as this thread is, I agree with the OP sentiments. I’d love a TBC classic PvE era server. So bumped. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Big LOVE for TBC Classic!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I want a TBC era server soo badly that I’d might even consider accepting it being anything other than an rp-pvp server…
Maybe ^^

2 Likes

/fixed…

1 Like

I want TBC and Wrath servers badly … but not so badly I would accept PvP.

Actually I played on a PvP Server during TBC Classic. If your guild is ok and sticks together you cope with it. Or like the French say: On se débrouille…