[A] Past It - Argent Dawn. A New Guild, Come Enjoy A Cup of Tea & A Nice Sit Down

Past It are a brand new guild focusing on PVE content with a mature player base. I know it looks like a long post so get your glasses on and absorb;

The Aim
To bring back the ‘community’ feel in WoW. A lot of guilds promise this and don’t deliver. However, I have a longstanding history in my previous guild of creating exactly this and I intend to do it again. The group finder tool is a mess, you can’t get in a +5 without 3k RIO score, why on earth you’d need Jaina curve for normal CoS I’ll never know, people can’t give you a ‘hello’ in a random dungeon and don’t get me started on LFR….

I want to bring together the elder generation under one roof. I want to unite the disgruntled middle aged players, and kill some baddies. We will make new friends, we will have an active guild chat and discord and breathe a bit of life back into WoW for everyone.

In recent times, I’ve found that you have to make a choice between the social aspect of WoW, or mythic raiding. You can’t have both. That’s what “Past It” is all about, we aim to combine the two without feeling like you should be getting a payslip and a PAYE bill after each raid.

The Content
We will run M+ as much as possible just for fun. We will run +15 keys whilst under the influence of caffeine, juggling a small child, a cat and an Aldi Slim Well ready meal (because we’re trying, right? Not our fault Chinese food tastes so good) and we will laugh when we wipe relentlessly and running over the timer by an hour or two.
We will effortlessly glide through normal raid content, then effortlessly glide through heroic content, then we will say ‘bugger it, lets see how far we get in mythic content’ even though we really are too old and ‘Past It’ to be concentrating so intently on a game when you’ve got a homework project to help design, because your kids has to be better than the others and you have to be up at 6 in the morning with a fresh mind because your boss is back in the office pestering you.

You may have thought to yourself (as I have) “I really don’t have the patience for mythic raiding any more” – But if the pressure is off, why not? Curve will be our main focus, but why not try to go further and still keep the atmosphere up? If a wall is hit, we will decide this as a community not to carry on and we will be happy with the progress we have made.

The Person
If you are 25+ preferably older, work hard, put your real life and family first and use WoW as an escape from reality, then I want to speak to you. If you can commit to 3 hours on a Thursday and a Sunday (8pm Server time) and will remain relatively active throughout the rest of the week, get involved with guild chat, sneakmode post while at work on Discord and make friends with us, then you’re the type of person I want to join the team.

What I’m not looking for, is someone who only logs on for raids. I want to bring the active players from dead guilds/realms together to achieve a common goal, not to bring phantoms who float into the raid team, top the dps meters then log off. We are not looking for log watchers, Pessimist Pete’s or Know-It-All Nora’s, we want people that will get involved and get to know each other.

The Realm
We are based on Argent Dawn, Alliance. You may be thinking ‘Pft a Roleplaying realm?’ however I assure you it’s not as bad as you think. The realm population is very good, the RP community in general are a much less toxic player base (or so I’ve personally found) and the chat channels are either using trade correctly, or actively discussing genuinely interesting topics. What do you get in trade chat on your realm? WTS BOOST… Yeah, thought so. If you want to see the RP, you have to go looking for it mostly.

Even though we are not an RP guild, I implore any prospective members to respect the fact that you are on an RP realm, and disrupting RP is not acceptable and if you want to get involved in RP, then we will actively encourage that, although no RP events will be set up by the guild.

If you’re unsettled and not yet found the right guild, then give us a try. There will be no formal application process, just a quick introduction and see if we have some common ground. If you’ve read this far and can relate, then I have no doubt we will get along. If you’d like to join our discord before having ‘Disproportionate WoW Transfer Fees’ cited in your divorce papers, you’re more than welcome to.

Update 21/6/19
Recruitment officially closed for raid team. We have had a mass influx of awesome people and unfortunately we’re full to the brim! Still happy to take on social members though, whisper someone in game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come and be part of something new, something fun. Recruiting raiders and socials.

Starting to get a nice little community going, more raiders needed!

We’re in need of another tank and some dps to start raiding. Socials welcome.

My main is on azuremyst at the moment. But thinking of re rolling for tour guild as it sounds just the job. Albeit i am a casual player with not a lot of free time. But try to play as much as i can. Played since wrath on an off.

We’d love to have you if you think you’d be a good fit for us, just give the wife a whisper on battle net! Everyone is welcome, we have quite a few rerollers/levellers at the minute.

We now have a 10 man raid team! Could use another healer and several dps!

Consider me convinced, will reroll a Bluie now.

1 Like

Excellent, nudge me for an invite. Recruiting socials and dps for the raid team.

Bump, we need another healer for the raid team and some dps, preferably no more druids.

Hello,

Current recruitment status:
Tanks: Closed except for offspec
Melee: Closed except for Rogue
Healers: Closed
Ranged, currently recruiting:
Warlocks
Mages
Shadow Priests
Elemental Shaman
Boomkins considered

As always, social members are more than welcome to tag along, provided you’re actually going to be social!

Guild chat, discord and voice chat are massively active, always people online doing stuff, brilliant place to be and growing more by the hour!

Don’t be shy about joining, we have a mix of experience down to the brand new player to having members from Method in the guild, everyone welcome!

Hey this seems like the exact guild i have been looking for do you mind fresh rerolls as all my characters are horde well i do have a 110 shadow priest i could move over thats ally but really dont mind rerolling for another ranged if its more needed in raid team.
I have been playing since vanilla and raiding since then also can play any ranged dps spec thats needed also its saying error when i try and add you on discord so thought i would drop a post here.

1 Like

Nice speaking with you today Selji, and yes rerolls are welcome. See you in game soon.

Still got space for a few ranged dps.

1 Like

We have room for warlock, mage, balance druid, a rogue or a WW monk.

Recruitment updated!

Due to rerolls etc, we need the following:

Rogues
Windwalkers
Demon Hunters
Hunters
Warlocks
Boomkins

Good first week of raiding. Normal cleared quick enough, 2/9hc now too

Just an update to let people know that unfortunately our raid team is full! Full to the brim in fact. We are always looking for some lovely social players to join us. If you are interested in Mythic+ and normal raids there’s space, but the heroic team is full up. We have people from the age of 23-75. Lots of UK members, people from Sweden, Belgium, even USA! Come and be a part of something great, if you are past it, you are welcome! Tea and biscuits waiting.

Another update, we’ve juggled things around and we now have space for;

1 Resto Druid
1 Balance Druid/Warlock

Mekkatorque was killed last night with a 40% 3rd try on Stormwall bringing us to 7/9hc and looking good for our main focus which is Eternal Palace

Please add kaon#2813 for a chat!

1 Like

For those looking for a great raiding experience mixed with the really good atmosphere of a social guild… Keep looking.

Most people are amazing, I’d say there was only 2 or 3 people that ruined this guild for me. Sadly enough, those people were part of the leadership team and voicing a different opinion isn’t allowed.

Someone was randomly appointed RL without talking to anyone about it, and was doing an average job at best.

I was moaned at for voicing my opinion never crossing a line but apparently, mature people cannot talk to each other properly anymore. Issues get swept under the rug rather than talked about because leadership just doesn’t want to deal with what comes with leading a guild.

For those in the guild I never had any issues with: I wish you guys all the very best, I really do.

It’s funny how the self absorbed narcissists come running to the forums when they have sour grapes.

1 Like

Would not have had to if any of the officers bothered actually trying to talk to me. But I guess I will let your message do the talking for me.

1 Like

Social hopeful here - this looks to be exactly the sort of place I’m looking for. Who is the best person to hit up online for a chat?

1 Like