So, we have finally have pronouns in the game

So, the 30th thread this month on this and it’s just started.

Le sigh.

5 Likes

Literally the case since at least 2018. You’re 6 years late to the party mate.

3 Likes

Ssshhhh, don’t tell him that. He’s trying to join the “new,” hip crusade and telling him he’s late would hurt his feelings.

4 Likes

Pretty dramatic for a pronoun

I’d hate to see the rhetorical flourish / handbag clutching you do about a real threat.

Bonus points for hopping on the outrage train more than half a decade after it left the station.

4 Likes

Have you seen the forums (station) lately? They’re refusing to move, starting already to rust, and now there’s a backlog of trains who can’t arrive until it moves.

Common blizzard L

8 Likes

First of of all, you can hate me, belittle me, call me names, it’s part of the supposed freedom of speech, and I don’t care, I know how social media works.

But I care about my games and personal space not overhelmed by political nonsense. I hope you can understand that, even if you can’t accept, and want me out, muted.

8 Likes

Pronouns have always been ingame, don’t remember them ever referring to arthus as an it.

Pronouns have existed since before the game came out

1 Like

You’re using pronouns

2 Likes

It’s not even that deep. Blizzard is Blizzard after all. They probably did this to save money on voice actor hours. If everyone’s a they, they don’t have to voice for the pronouns he or she. Yes. Those are pronouns too. Look it up.

I count 8 pronouns in this post. :nerd_face:

Why are the free speech guys so scared of words now?

1 Like

Freedom of speech doesn’t apply on a private forum or a privately owned game

Who asked?

The OP banging on about freedom of speech…

I mean body 1/2 and they/them has very little to do with diversity. People in india, china, central/southern/eastern europe, japan, south korea, russia, turkey, africa, etc. believe in male/female usually. They are not argueing about a 3rd gender. This trend with they/them and body 1/2 appeals mainly to an urban demographic in some western countries. However, this is the only view that Blizzard tolerates in their game. It’s really the opposite of diversity, as this does not appeal at all to a culturally diverse audience. The audience, which demands this type of stuff usually, seems to be more or less culturally homogeneous in my opinion…

2 Likes

I agree with you and would like to addon to this for those who are ill informed.

The right to free speech means the government can’t arrest you for what you say. It doesn’t mean anyone else has to listen to you, or host it while you share it. Freedom of speech doesn’t shield you from criticism or consequences. If you’re yelled at, boycotted, have your show canceled, or get banned from an internet community, your free speech rights aren’t being violated. It’s just that the people listening think you’re a jerk, and they’re showing you the door.

Blizzard is a private company. The servers are its property and territory.

8 Likes

If you want to be taken seriously you have to pose a better argument.

1 Like

I don’t want you muted. I just want you to go into the existing threads about this already so I can argue about it all in one place without jumping around to 30 different threads.

They’re discussing it here:

and here

and here

And here: