As an addition to our Visions of N’Zoth Content Update Notes, here’s an outline of what’s changing over the next three weeks, and when:
With scheduled maintenance on January 15:
• Artifact Knowledge will increase, bringing a player-character with a level 70 Heart of Azeroth to 17500 AP needed to reach 71.
• N’Zoth Assaults and Horrific Visions begin, and items from those activities can be Corrupted, but will never Warforge/Titanforge.
• Items from N’Zoth Assaults will scale with your character level, similar to other World Quests, and are already available at Season 4 item levels.
• Items from Horrific Visions improve as you complete additional objectives, going from item level 420 up to item level 470 from a full clear with 5 masks active.
• All Titan Residuum will be converted into Silver.
• Titan Residuum will not drop from any source for one week. This includes scrapping or disenchanting Seasonal gear.
• In competitive PvP, Season 3 is closed for titles and Seasonal rewards. The Notorious Gladiator’s Proto-Drake is no longer available, however, the Vicious War Basilisk mount can still be completed this week.
• Mythic Keystone dungeons are still playable using Season 3 affixes, and their associated rewards remain available through this week.
With scheduled maintenance on January 22:
• The new Ny’alotha raid opens for Normal and Heroic difficulties.
• Season 4 begins.
o Item levels increase by 30 for rewards from seasonal activities (dungeons, PvP, World Quests), and can now be corrupted by N’Zoth.
o Dungeon difficulty is increased for Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
o During this week, end-of-run rewards from Mythic Keystone dungeons and Rated PvP are capped at item level 445 (for Mythic +6 or PvP Rank 2).
o Mythic Keystone and PvP chests that are opened this week reflect Season 3 rewards earned the prior week, and cannot be Corrupted, but may Warforge/Titanforge.
o Item level improvements for weekly rewards now extend to Mythic +15, which awards an item level 475 piece of gear in the weekly chest to be opened on January 28 or later.
• The Darkshore Warfront now has a Heroic difficulty, with item level 460 gear rewards.
o Please note: Heroic difficulty will become available in the first Warfront that begins in each region after the Season 4 transition in that region.
• Any items not updated for Season 4 (for example, items from The Eternal Palace or Heroic difficulty Arathi Warfront) can continue to Warforge/Titanforge up to item level 455, but cannot be Corrupted.
• Titan Residuum is again available.
o All items that can be purchased with Titan Residuum, including new Season 4 items, have had their costs adjusted.
• A Mythic +10 weekly chest will award 1700 Titan Residuum, with each additional level awarding 90 more Titan Residuum. For example, a Mythic + 15 will award 2150 Titan Residuum.
• Specific item level 475 tokens cost 20,000 Titan Residuum. Random item level 475 tokens cost 4750 Titan Residuum.
With scheduled maintenance on January 29:
• Ny’alotha opens for Mythic difficulty and the first wing of Raid Finder difficulty.
• Mythic Keystone dungeons at +7 or higher, as well as PvP Rank 2 or higher, now award end-of-run items that scale up to item level 465 at Mythic +15 and Gladiator, respectively.
• Weekly chests for Mythic Keystone and PvP activities now contain Season 4 items, which are always Corrupted, and scale up to item level 475. Again, these items will never Warforge/Titanforge.
For everything else you need to know about the Visions of N’Zoth content update, check out our full coverage in the World of Warcraft blog.