[A-RP] Havenguard - Thros be damned! (Drust/Monster/Spectral Hunters!)

Havenguard - Inspired by the Order of Embers, The Witcher games and books -topped with a little sprinkle of Fairy-Drust!

OOC

Havenguard is an ancient order of highly disciplined hunters who have made an oath to protect Azeroth from any and all kinds supernatural threats - for the right price. An off-shoot of the Order of Embers so to speak.

Travelling throughout the continents on glorious and grueling RP-PvE and RP-PvP campaigns, we’ll be sure to keep you entertained as we hopefully grow. We’re focusing on creating something for every type of character to grow and develop!

We focus on “Story Lines” - Guild created content that takes place over weeks/months that really lets players develop and push their characters to their limits.

Concept

As Kaylí Beck entered her grandfather’s final resting place - a tomb buried beneath the cursed soil of Fallhaven, a cloud of smoke and ash appeared around her, gripping her tightly to the floor. The flaming torch she once held was extinguished as she became engulfed by darkness. The bitter air pulling at her soul, filling her lungs with ice and her heart with stone. She screamed out in pure agony - her whole body being twisted and torn apart, piece by piece by piece. Her sanity slowly draining away as her screams began to tire and crack, her strength withering.

And then suddenly, it stopped.

Kaylí dropped to the floor, gasping for air, begging for light. “Child, I knew you’d come.” The voice echoed throughout the crypt, bouncing serenely around the cavern and as if by perfect timing, illuminating a mass of candles in front of the gravestone of Kedward Beck.

The young girl stretched her arm out, slowly dragging her body towards the light. "You’ve work to do, child."

"…G-grandfather?" she whispered before losing consciousness.

((Will post more of the creation of Havenguard in a seperate post :> Scroll down to OOC for information about the guild!))

Ranks

Havenguard isn’t about progressing through ranks to gain power. Most members will stay at Inquisitor for the duration of their Drust-hunting career. We treat everyone as equals - GM and Officers are there to push story-lines, keep the peace and have fun just as much as every member. This isn’t a job - it’s a game! The Captain has the final say but you will mostly be left to make your own decisions. Remember, respect works both ways! Salute when necessary, pay attention when required and always do your best!

Unbound - You have begun your adventures with us. You have yet to bind your soul to the Rune-Stone and are merely an apprentice in our ranks. When you’re ready you will be asked to attend the Ceremony - where you will bind your soul and become an Initiate.

Initiate - Welcome to Havenguard. You’ll spend some time as an initiate learning the ropes of what we as an Order do. Your monster-hunting career has just started - aim to impress us with your Roleplay. Show us that you’re committed and driven to excel here! We’re all about story and character progression here - show what makes your character unique and why we -need- you in Havenguard.

Inquisitor - You’ve caught the attention of the Ensign’s. They believe you’re ready to begin your trials and you must prepare! Trial’s are personally catered to what -you- as a character bring to the table. Inquisitor’s are the backbone of Havenguard and are vital in protecting Azeroth from the unknown. Inquisitor’s can pick up their own contracts to hunt - always remembering to pay tribute to Ulfar after each successful mission.

Ensign - The leaders of Havenguard. Ensign’s are trained and respected warriors. They have been chosen to lead within the Order. They focus on the Order’s missions and keep it’s members grounded - a mentor to the masses. Becoming an Ensign is a show of trust - you’ve dedicated yourself to helping the Order push story-content and run events and proven to be a good friend to many.

Captain - The Captain is the right hand of the Marshal. They are bound by blood to the Order - only upon death do their oaths become fulfilled and leadership passed onto the most worthy.

Marshal - The Marshal is the leader of Havenguard.

Sub Ranks
Falconer - Falconers are Order Scouts. They use their skill with birds to provide accurate information of areas and are vital in keeping the Order on the correct paths. Becoming a Falconer is something your character must train for and is a life-binding journey your character and bird must take. ((Falconers who spend time training with their bird will be able to provide more accurate information on the battlefield - or perhaps target bigger and better beasts to hunt.))

Quartermaster - The Quartermaster plays an integral role within Havenguard. They have complete control over the Bank and must keep it fully stocked with ammunition, weapon oils, bombs, food and provisions, and any other items they deem necessary to keep the Order thriving and fit for battle. ((Guild members may sell/purchase wares from the Quartermaster to use in Campaigns that can positively (or negatively) affect their /rolls in combat.))

Potential for more Sub-Ranks in the future. We’re thinking Blacksmiths, Master of Beasts etc.

Uniforms

Your outfit is your own. All we require is that you wear our tabard whilst around Fallhaven and on campaigns!

Remember - you’re a Monster hunter. Try and look the part if you can :)!

Havenguard were created in Fallhaven, Drustvar - and that is where our main location can be found in-game. If you see us roleplaying, come and say hi!

Events

Havenguard will embark on custom campaigns that take place over a span of weeks/months which have been carefully planned out and written to push character progression. We want people to feel they can tell a story with their character. Events are not just randomly forgotten the next day - decisions made can carry over throughout the story.

RP-PvP campaigns are also something we’ll be looking to take part in. As Havenguard see the Forsaken as a scourge to Azeroth and a threat to all life - something that they seek to rid.

Any questions, feel free to hit me up in the thread :D!

Wind’s howling…

10 Likes

Reserved in ten characters.

How about a round of cards? Gwent, specifically.

2 Likes

Looks intresting, any room for an inquisitor with same goals in mind?

1 Like

Come visit us in Fallhaven this evening!

1 Like

Awsum stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will be active in Fallhaven this evening for any who would be interested joining or if you’re just passing through and want some RP with your local weirdos!

Perhaps if there’s enough interest I’ll DM a little event for those wanting to approach some Drust inspired RP :smiley:

1 Like

Sadly cant this evening, but next week sure I drop by.

1 Like

Look forward to meeting you!

Sounds fun. One of my characters is in Drustvar atm, so I may have the pleasure to run into you.

1 Like

The more the merrier! Fallhaven is a nice little village and some RP to liven it up would be fun!

1 Like

Hello! Although I will not be around tonight to catch you in Fallhaven, myself and my Thornspeaker grove will be around Drustvar. Would be nice if we could get some RP in and build some bridges!

1 Like

Likewise! We would love to collaborate with other guilds!

If anyone has any trouble with monsters and the like, feel free to seek us out!

Quite a nice concept! Intrigued me more for Order of Embers RP :3

Good luck <3

1 Like

Find us in Fallhaven this evening for some RP if anyone’s around and wants to see more!

Few stories to follow tonight exploring the beginnings of the Havenguard - thanks for all the kind PMs in game :smiley:

3 Likes

The Swine’s Larder was bustling with the regular farmers and tradesmen that called Fallhaven home as Abel brought his pipe to his lips once more, swirling the smoke in his mouth and nose absorbing the Nicotine from it before releasing his own smoke to the fog already forming in the lively tavern. It was Friday on a cold, windy night in the village of Fallhaven, it felt like most of the village was in the Inn following the recent tidings. Perhaps most folk leaped at the prospect of drink and merriment, and the opportunity to forget about Drustvar’s troubles… least for a few hours.

All of this merriment and joy made it difficult for Abel to read his tome “The Recorded Histories of the Seven Kingdoms”. An elbow here, an obnoxiously lough cheer or laugh there, a spilled beer there kept Abel restless. He abandoned his read on Packleader Garfang, King Barathen the Adamant and the Gnoll wars, at least for a moment and took a quick note of his surroundings closing the tome, to protect the pages from beer, bile and spittle.

He turned towards the bar, his light blue eyes piercing the veil of smoke, it was the center of attention to many as they threw coin at Dinah Wellard buying drinks for their family and friends, most of whom had a drink already.

“Always someone profiting from the misery of others…”

Abel thought to himself, he looked to the doorway as a small, scrawny figure strolled into the tavern, her gaze swooning around the tavern, eyes narrowed. Abel raised his hand and flexed two fingers, beckoning her over. Kayli’s eyes lit up as she strode through the sea of people, resting her hands on the back of the chair, standing

“It’s time Uncle Abe, you promised me months ago and I am sick of waiting”

Abel took another drag off his pipe, blowing it out of the side of his mouth, one hand resting on the tome, he stared at her intently

“You are impatient Kayli, impulsive, you are not ready.”

Kayli gripped the chair tight and shoved it forwards, knocking the table towards Abel

“I am! I have been ready since I turned eighteen, you promised!”

Abel couldn’t help but smile, pushing the table back a bit and tucking the tome into his pouch he stood up and stepped out from the table

“Come on then Ms. Beck, let us see if you are truly ready”

Abel flicked through some of the many keys on his key ring, each one clanging against each other as he slid the correct key into the door to the abandoned homestead on the outskirts of Fallhaven. Inside the air was filled with dust as sunlight crept in from the boarded up windows, but apart from the dust, the place was clean and organised, not a bit was out of place. Walking straight through to the back door, Abel used the same key, the door clicked and he pulled it open, the rushing water of the nearby waterfall crashing into the rocks below filled the room.

“Woah … whose house is this?”

Asked Kayli as her lungs fought off the sudden influx of dust

“It is ours.”

Said Abel, plainly. He peered outside and beckoned her onwards

“Down here, this way”

He lead her onto some wooden decking which lead down towards the base of the waterfall where the wood gave way to slippery, wet rocks that weathered the falling water

“Push through the waterfall!”

Roared Abel over the rushing waters

Kayli did as she was told, running through the water hands out,she expected to get a faceful of rock, instead her hands found cold, smooth stone. At its center was a rising sun with a piece missing. Kayli turned to Abel, both dripping wet and frowned

“Do you have a key for that?”

Abel merely shook his head, water dropping off him from all angles

“I do not, but you do”

Abel pointed to Kayli’s necklace and it was then she noticed how her pendant fit perfectly with the slot in the sun, pulling it out she leans forward and placed it in the slot. A heavy click rang out over the waterfall as stone grinded against stone and the door opened to pitch black darkness……

2 Likes

Around tonight? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We should be! In about an hours time.:slight_smile:

Hope ya guys be around this evening.

You can find us in the Swine’s Larder most evenings :smiley:

Although we are meeting some Thornspeakers tonight so we might not be there! We will be in Drustvar though so give us a shout or whisper us in game !

1 Like