[A-RP] Night Elf Roleplay

Updated the list of guilds to now also include the Soul of Ursoc, and I moved the Jurina’tore event from upcoming to archive (a little overdue, oops!)

I’m planning to make the opening post more compact and easier to navigate by utilizing some of the new forum’s functions, e.g making use of the ‘hide details’ function. What are people’s thoughts on this?

4 Likes

Added the Covenant of Teldrassil guilds (Crescent Vigil and Veiled Glaive) and changed the general layout of the first post to be less of a maze to scroll through.

Added the coming Heart of the Forest on the 28th to upcoming events!

2 Likes

Added A New Moon to the upcoming events tab, hosted by Hand of Cenarius and Adherents of Altruis!

Hesitating whether to remove some guilds from the guild list - Darnassian Sentinels and Soul of Ursoc, to be specific. I’ve not been able to contact any of the leaders recently to check. If anyone happens to know more, do not hesitate to fill me in! Otherwise, I’ll likely remove them in the coming days.

3 Likes

I sadly couldn’t get hold of either the Soul of Ursoc’s leadership or the Darnassian Sentinels, so they’ve been removed off the list. If you do happen to be active and I’ve somehow missed you, please drop me a message somehow!

Added A New Moon to the Upcoming Events tab, a desperate ritual happening in the Howling Vale, Ashenvale, on the 16th this month.

3 Likes

I added the Communion with the Moon event to the upcoming events tab, an event hosted by the Handmaidens of Elune. It commences on the 24th of August at 20.00 realm time!

A brief description:

An evening of spiritual activity including meditation, prayer and blessing guided by the Handmaidens of Elune, in the hopes of offering a really lovely, lower intensity Kaldorei themed event.

3 Likes

One day we’ll be friends again… One day. :pensive:

2 Likes

Sorry buddy, the tauren species burned that bridge long ago.

Night elf and tauren relations will never be restored.

1 Like

A Mooman can dream ;_;

This seems like a good topic to ask.

I am currently leveling a KT druid. For the backstory I am thinking of having her be from Drustvar, with more details coming when I level through that zone and pay better attention to the lore this time.

How would the night elves and the worgen view KT druids? The idea I have is that she could have an interest in the plight of the elves, their land, their culture and their beliefs.

Mithralles sees all non-night elven druids as fools, messing with powers that are beyond their comprehension.

And how could those children know what they’re doing, they lack the experience of age and the guidance of Honored Teacher Malfurion Stormrage or that of the great Forest Lord Cenarius and his Sons and Daughters.

It’ll vary from character to character, though the Thornspeakers are (ideologically) relatively similar to Night Elf Druids. I can imagine that many would be somewhat favourable to them, if curious as to how they emerged without the teachings of Cenarius.

You bring up a point there: are thornspeakers to druids like how sunwalkers are to paladins? Ie same class in game but different in lore.

Sort of?
(tho paging people who actually know stuff about druid lore)
The Thornspeakers keep the balance of life and death, and protect the wilds (the forest specifically). This is pretty much the same core fantasy as a Druid, but it originates from the Drust teaching the Kul Tirans, instead of Cenarius teaching the Night Elves.

Potato, potato, really.

What makes Thornspeakers also special to most Druids, is that they very much promote the “Death”-aspect to their own form of Druidism. Sacrifices, dressing yourself up in a “boney”-outfit, etc aren’t really common practises for Night Elves/Worgen/Tauren/Troll druids who portray the aspect of “Life” way more than the Thornspeakers do. Kul Tiras is a harsh land.

Hence, the other Druids may look at them with doubt.

… they’ll get used to it. :wink:

1 Like

I’m gonna turn Drustvar upside down to learn everything.

Updated the thread, something that was loooong due but, in hopes of possibly regaining trust level 3, something I put off. Added Dirge of Teldrassil to the list of active guilds, and added the upcoming Pilgrimage Across Kalimdor event!

3 Likes

Added the [Kaldorei/Worgen-RP] Andu-falah-dor! event, a rally for night elves to attend!

Here’s hoping someone could possibly bump the Rumour Mill soon; it’s about to be locked, and it would be sad if there’d need to be another one.

3 Likes

I’ve added the Darkstar Trackers and The Umbral Order guilds to the guild list. Good luck to both guilds!

I’ve also updated the Kalimdor Rumour Mill thread link; the old one got locked automatically after thirty days of inactivity.

5 Likes

Cheers Myth for keeping the thread updated!

3 Likes

Edited the upcoming events & event archive tabs, and removed the Crescent Vigil from the guild list since I’ve been informed they’re inactive. The Covenant of Teldrassil is no longer a thing and has since been removed.

Looking to get a hold of the Last Court’s leadership to gauge their activity - if anyone knows more, it’d be lovely to hear!

2 Likes