[Discord] [Mage RP] The Mage Quarter 🧙

Hey everyone, the forum post was due for an update.
Welcome to the new post on the Mage Quarter - the AD Mage RP Discord.

I’m sure many of us have first-hand experience with the problems concerning mage-only RP guilds (and how their longevity is seemingly doomed) or the lack of organized magic RP for the stray mage in a non-mage guild. This Discord server was created to promote IC and OOC collaboration, events, networking, cross-guild and cross-faction mage RP.

I’m very pleased with how the project has turned out. The server has, at time of writing, been running for over 2 years! The server currently hosts over 250 mages, and is very much of a “it is what you make of it” kind of server. We frequently make events for the discord server, or advertise other magic themed events in it - included but not limited to:

• The Dalaran Magic Faire

[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire [31st May]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #2 [31st Oct]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #3 [30th March - 1st April]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #4 [5th-7th August]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #5 [3th-7th January]
[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #6 [7th-28th June]

• The Feast of Scribes

A new addition to the scheduled recurring events hosted by TMQ. The Feast of Scribes will be an annual event - and is actually a canon Kirin Tor celebraion mentioned in The Last Guardian novel!

• Magic: The Gathering

Colloquially known as “The Gathering”, the meeting is a monthly Kirin Tor-only event that takes place in the Purple Parlor in the Violet Citadel. Members of the Kirin Tor are invited to network and debrief. This could entail research progress, intelligence work, diplomacy or general knowledge about business around Azeroth that would be of interest to the Kirin Tor.

• Gathering of Magic

Whenever Blizzard gift us with major lore-heavy patches, more often than not Zyretha Snowdawn organises a Gathering of Magic to plug future community events or campaigns. IC the members of the Kirin Tor convene to discuss recent developments and more pressing threats to the world.

• Public Lectures and Seminars

Including a variety of different hosts and events, for example the Wisdom Weavings or Portrait of a Magus event series.

The members of the server have also produced their own issue of the Kirin Tor Monthly newspaper over on AA: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/229136

I have to give a shoutout to the Citizens of Dalaran discord server. It was established to bring more RP to Dalaran in attempts to restore it as a legitimate RP hub! Keep your eyes out for their events or casual RP, they are very active!

If you are a passionate mage RPer interested in attending similar events, wish to host your own, or looking to network with the mages of AD, please get in touch with me or see the link below. This is where the magic happens! :woman_mage:

Invitation: https://discord.gg/6SZjuNbEdg

19 Likes

werq jendrock

1 Like

queen slay

1 Like

Cool server (it has me), definitely the place to go if you’re looking for mage rp across the board

1 Like

As someone who thoroughly enjoyed three Dalaran magic faires in a row, I approve of this community wholeheartedly.

1 Like
2 Likes

Cutest server. Nice people and I love the events! <3

2 Likes

A sublime and lovely server of lovely people!

1 Like

For the class with the most brain wrinkles.

2 Likes

Is that the… Dalaran Magic Faire #5?!

3 Likes

They just never stop coming :weary: :open_mouth:

Well isn’t this neat. Our next major event (and first of Shadowlands) is coming early January! Come nerd out or you’ll see the inside of the Violet Hold

1 Like
1 Like

Very active and very friendly moderation staff!

4 Likes

The faire is off to a great start!

The Mage Quarter is closing in on its 2nd anniversary! :open_mouth: Time flies

2 Likes

I’ll be honest I didn’t realize this Discord existed! Good! My elves might be a bit snobbish (Kirin Tor… ew I say!) but more magic RP is always welcome in AD !!

2 Likes

In celebration of the 2 year anniversary of The Mage Quarter coming up soon™, I am adding a new event to the line of TMQ-hosted events. And this one is long overdue for a class community such as ours. OP updated with a description!

Introducing the monthly KT meeting humorously titled
“Magic: The Gathering”.
https://www.argentarchives.org/node/250822

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/250822

I was told to post this so here we go

3 Likes

You’ve unlocked the third level? Damn, new powers await.